Thecreepergames
MichaelPP

Wether or not we should use electronics that much

MichaelPP
Started: 1/21/2015 Category: Technology

Thecreepergames

Pro

Should we use iPads as much? Some scientists think we should. Eg: "They will thus develop the sense of balance that permits them to be a part of the real and electronic worlds-but also to stand apart from them.
MichaelPP

Con

From my understanding of the debate I will be arguing for the fact that we should not use electronics that much?
Electronics are an amazing thing but at the same time it distances us from our surrounding and the people around us.
Thecreepergames

Pro

Quote; "They will thus develop the sense of balance that permits them to be a part of the real and electronic worlds-but also to stand apart from them.- anomalyus.
MichaelPP

Con

Firstly. I want a reference for that quote. Secondly. We are debating electronics in general. As you notice social platforms like facebook and platforms like youtube start becoming more and more popular. With it comes downfall of our humanity in a sense.
Electronics are an amazing thing connecting us with friends and family but sometimes it just goes too far. We surround ourselves with electronics. With TV with so many things just to keep our mind busy. Our habit of stopping and thinking starts to become less and less out of fear of being bored or out of a fear to face reality.
It would be amazing to have these two worlds apart but that isn't the case right now. These two worlds are slowly becoming one.
Thecreepergames

Pro

First, The quote came from TECHNOS. Second, it can help teach how to do math and other subjects.
MichaelPP

Con

'Second, it can help teacxh how to do math and other subjects'

Yes good sir or madam, you are very correct on this point. However accepting electronics 100&ly into our life just because of one reason that you provided doesn't mean we should do so however. Electronics is not the only thing that teaches us math and I could argue that it even dumbs us down in math when we start to use calculators more and more. Even for the slightest problems where it requires us to think. We become so lazy that we want everything else to do the thinking for us.

'Other subjects'

It could help us with other subjects. However you failed to mention which subjects. It could very much teach us but it is not necessesary. And that's what we are arguing for wether or not we should use electronics that much. Based on the arguments you portray we don't need electronics that much to be honest.
Thecreepergames

Pro

Thecreepergames forfeited this round.
MichaelPP

Con

I stand by my arguments.
Thecreepergames

Pro

Thecreepergames forfeited this round.
MichaelPP

Con

It seems my opponent has forfeited his last two rounds thus I once again stand by my arguments. Thank you.
Posted by MichaelPP 2 years ago
MichaelPP
I am arguing for electronics used as an entertainment purpouse.
Posted by MichaelPP 2 years ago
MichaelPP
No, I'm not saying that. But that's what I am trying to argue for. Computers can be fun and all but quite a lot of people either spend too much time on them or put too much value in the things in their life.
Posted by Prodigy0789 2 years ago
Prodigy0789
Are you saying that it is a bad thing to use anything with a circuit board, such as an air conditioner or an X-Ray machine? If you are talking about the things that people get addicted to like computers or video games, then no, we shouldn't use them all the time, but they are a fun way for people now a days to pass some free time or have fun with friends.
Posted by MichaelPP 2 years ago
MichaelPP
You are correct Johnson. We do not have to accept it because it is already in our life.
Posted by TrakJohnson 2 years ago
TrakJohnson
Just telling, I think that in the future, even if electronics have defaults like MichaelPP said, they will be everywhere and we must accept electronics in our daily life.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
ThecreepergamesMichaelPPTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture