rishav.sitl
omelet

What Google's doing by pulling out of China is right?????

omelet

rishav.sitl

Pro

Does any one need any justification for this move!
What Google is doing is certainly right.
If someone is putting restrictions on me and even if I am following those,if someone attacks my property,why should I keep quiet.

Google knows that it is going out of the biggest marker, but how one can bear with so many restrictions .China needs to open itself to the world.
omelet

Con

Thanks to my opponent for starting this debate.

My opponent claims that Google is doing the right thing by pulling out of China, but I disagree.

While other search engines in China have been censoring information (at the Chinese government's request) and not even telling the user that anything has been censored, Google had a distinction among big search in China - Google told its users when information was being censored. This was instrumental in raising the Chinese people's awareness of their government's heavy-handedness. With no Google, the Chinese people slip further into oppression.

But let's be fair and look at the reason Google is pulling out of china. Cyber-attacks against Google and others have originated in China, possibly even from the Chinese government or people under its protection. Google and my opponent both fail to realize that pulling out of China does nothing to combat such cyber-attacks. Google is pulling out of China on principle, with no regard for the consequences. It is an unwise decision.

Google pulling out of China also puts no pressure on China. China has other search providers, both foreign and local. Further, as far as the Chinese government is concerned, these other search providers are better, since they don't let people know they're having information censored.

Google pulling out of China also gives other foreign companies additional reason to stay in China, since their market share and therefore the importance of the Chinese market to them will increase with Google out of the picture. These other foreign companies (Microsoft, others) do not tell users when results are being censored. It is worse that they will be used instead of Google.

I will allow my opponent to respond now. I will provide sources for disputed claims (and perhaps undisputed ones as well) next round. I hope that is not too much of a problem.

Looking forward to the rest of the debate.
rishav.sitl

Pro

rishav.sitl forfeited this round.
omelet

Con

My opponent has forfeited. I see no need at present to present additional arguments or support. Perhaps next round.
rishav.sitl

Pro

rishav.sitl forfeited this round.
omelet

Con

My opponent has once again forfeited. This is unfortunate.
rishav.sitl

Pro

rishav.sitl forfeited this round.
omelet

Con

Quite disappointing. I regret that this debate could not be more interesting.
Posted by omelet 7 years ago
omelet
It's fine.
Posted by rishav.sitl 7 years ago
rishav.sitl
Sorry for not being able to continue.
Some very important work came up.
I really regret.

Sorry again.
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
rishav.sitlomeletTied
Vote Placed by omelet 7 years ago
omelet
rishav.sitlomeletTied