KingofTheSkullServants
PsychocisTheory

"What If" questions need to burn and to never be used.

KingofTheSkullServants has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

"What if" questions give no real reason to be in anything in this world, especially in arguments. "What if' questions only put whatever someone is doing to a grinding halt. They do nothing in an argument and they do nothing in a conversation.
PsychocisTheory

Con

I accept the debate and will be arguing that there is given reason to use "What if" questions in human interaction. After some considerable (for the occasion) research on "questionology" and analysis of statements from credible "questionologists" such as Steve Quatrano, a member of the Right Question Institute, I have come across substantial evidence that "What if" questions can easily be more useful than not as formulating these questions can allow organization of the human thought process and what is not known in daily life and the work place.
KingofTheSkullServants

Pro

In what way(s) do "What if" questions strengths thought process. Not only are you not elaborating on this point, but that's not the case, at least for the majority of the time. "What if" questions do more harm than good because it leave too many possibilities in question. I'm a person of "Anything is possible", but when there is such a thing as not going in too deep. While I can agree that "what if " questions strengthens critical thinking, that's about it. However, as far as arguments and debates and discussions go, they're completely not necessary.

Lets look at debates.

In debates, you can't be using "what if" questions because it'll look unprofessional. You could argue that you can use them for an example, but won't prove your point. "What if" questions only make the debate longer by bringing absolutely nothing to the table.
PsychocisTheory

Con

It is my solid conviction that your arguing points are fairly weak and in paucity when I take a look at the considerably intense topic sentence of this debate. Anyway, to further prove my point more, one obvious practicality of using "What if" in discussion is the fact that you would be able to willingly look beyond what exists at the present time which is very beneficial, especially in the business place which debunks your whole "unprofessional" assertion. These questions when devised methodically bring great contribution to being able to adopt the mindset of moving forward and figuring out ideal success. The American Journal of Pharmaceutial Education perfectly spells out that the effective use of well-crafted questions (such as "What if" ones) "lead to new insights, generate discussion, and promote the comprehensive exploration of subject matter."

"What if" questions bear elegant simplicity, yet their power should never be underestimated. Mike Myatt, acclaimed Forbes contributor writes, "Utilizing what if thinking allows you to maximize the present while securing the future. The best leaders know how to attain desired outcomes while remaining discovery driven." I often refer to the written word of others just to furthermore prove the validity behind my argument. In continuation of my point, real achievers should always be open to the many possibilities that a "What if" question might inquire. Considering the free range of possibilities when using "What if" questions gives a person a sense of empowerment and freedom to organize their contemplations without restriction. When you properly utilize something that may seem so basic as asking "What if", it is amazing how much more your capabilities extend in the process. This is indeed not an over appraisal, only an attempted grasp on the power behind considering all of the practicalities in the embodiment of "What if".
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
probably not thick enough, depending on which hammer is used
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
What if you put a thick hat on ..If you get smashed by a hammer ?