zclcd45
Ahijah

What Is The Most Motivating Thing You Have Ever Heard?

Reasons for your voting decision - Required
Started: 5/11/2011 Category: Sports

zclcd45

Pro

I would have to say, in my opinion, it is the poem Invictus.
Ahijah

Con

If you are saying this is the most inspiring work of literature you have ever read and that there is none other better. Let me suggest, that the works of the Bible poetry are far superior to the works of this man, William Ernest Henley. Although some of the articulation is lost in translation from the Hebrew language, the thoughts remain eternal. William Ernest Henley's Invictus will be lost in the history of man. But the poems of the Bible will remain for eternity.
zclcd45

Pro

zclcd45 forfeited this round.
Ahijah

Con

I am sorry that my opponent could not find time to respond to my argument. My statement about Bible poetry went unchallenged. And therefore the poetry of the Bible is the victor! This is a rare occasion that the Word of God gets a victory. But none the less a celebrated victory. I have found during my debates a remarkable distain for the truth. It is a sad commentary when men loose a regard for the Bible. 2 Timothy 2:15 Paul told Timothy, Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth. But it is not in man to direct his steps. So we are left to our own devices. Books that talk about the Bible, and man inventions. We have fallen back into the dark ages. Where the Bible has been chain to the lector of the Catholic church. Even though we can read and have the God given ability to reason. We lack the one thing that will save or soles. The desire to know God's truth. Sad, sad day.
Any creed book that contains more than the Bible, contains too much! Any creed book that contains less than the Bible, contains too little! And any creed book that contains nothing but the Bible is useless! We already have the Bible! Revelation 22:18-19 and Galatians 1:6-9 say that we are not to add to God's Word, nor can we subtract from it. Also, we are not to substitute for it. It other words, the Bible is complete (2 Timothy 3:16-17). It is perfect (James 1:25). We are to speak only as the oracles of God (1 Peter 4:11). There is no need for an additional book or books.
Thanks to all who read this debate. I am involved in other debate here on this site. Please feel free to stop by and say hi. But remember, I am here to please God, not you! Gal. 1:10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ.
zclcd45

Pro

zclcd45 forfeited this round.
Ahijah

Con

Last but not least. My friends Refrom and Ketar think I debate to win :) They are sadly mistaken, I debate because I love to fish. I could care less if I ever win a debate :) As long as the Truth has a place were people can read and make a honest decision.
Posted by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
.. I never thought it would happen... I agree with Ahijah... However, his conduct was lacking (as it usually is) so zclcd45 gets the point there. Spelling and grammar was pretty even... neither was good. In terms of arguments... there weren't really any. Pro asserted, con asserted... there was no back and forth. Even with two open rounds he did little or nothing to undermine the poem Invictus as motivational (the debate was not about what is eternal or will last longer).

I must admit: your response, ReformedArsenal, was very funny.
Posted by ilovedebate 5 years ago
ilovedebate
forums?
Posted by zclcd45 5 years ago
zclcd45
Fair comment guys, I didn't think this was the most suitable site to post it on but I was just interested to find out. What is the most motivating sports speech / quote you have ever heard?
Posted by innomen 5 years ago
innomen
I agree with Phoenix, hugely subjective, particularly depending on the current situation of an individual. Good for a forum discussion though.
Posted by Phoenix_Reaper 5 years ago
Phoenix_Reaper
More of a discussion topic. How about a "The best one or something"
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
zclcd45AhijahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's lack of reasoning fails compared to Con's present reasoning. Conduct due to ff.
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
zclcd45AhijahTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well... I never thought it would happen... I agree with Ahijah... However, his conduct was lacking (as it usually is) so zclcd45 gets the point there. Spelling and grammar was pretty even... neither was good. In terms of arguments... there weren't really any. Pro asserted, con asserted... there was no back and forth. Even with two open rounds he did little or nothing to undermine the poem Invictus as motivational (the debate was not about what is eternal or will last longer).
Vote Placed by MontyKarl91 5 years ago
MontyKarl91
zclcd45AhijahTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree Ahijah, everyone is capable of voting on this site. Perhaps such a "steadfast" Christian would remember that before acting with so little values.
Vote Placed by Mr.Black 5 years ago
Mr.Black
zclcd45AhijahTied
Reasons for voting decision: wow pro..