Debateaf
jjUK

What are your thoughts on a woman being the president of the US?

Debateaf

Pro

I have taken a survey on how many people are for/against a woman being the president. People are concerned that other countries wont take a female president seriously. i believe that gender does not matter as long as that person is able to make intelligent decisions and make positive impacts in this country. Not being able to be "taken seriously" is from lack of intelligence and ignorance.
jjUK

Con

One of Britain's most powerful Prime Ministers the country has ever had - although before my time- was a female. Margaret Thatcher, governing the UK from the end of the late 1970s to the early 1990s.

Why cant this be the case in the United States? Thatcher was proof that it doesn't take a man to make the big decisions in world politics. I think the real question we should be asking is that do we think Clinton is too old to run one of the worlds biggest super powers and is I right to 'Keep it in the family'
Debateaf

Pro

Debateaf forfeited this round.
jjUK

Con

jjUK forfeited this round.
Debateaf

Pro

Debateaf forfeited this round.
jjUK

Con

jjUK forfeited this round.
Posted by ImOkaywithMostPpl 1 year ago
ImOkaywithMostPpl
I think a women would be great for a president. the only problems I really worry about are vanity and the ability not to be intimidated by the men in the office, as well as being able to stand up to congress. I am less worried about the other countries not taking her seriously as most of all countries have had a queen or matriarch. Its our own country I am more worried about.
Posted by CommunistDog 1 year ago
CommunistDog
I feel it will be very nice to see a female in office. Maybe then, people will not underestimate the power and inspiration women are. Although, in all seriousness, if there is a female president, I still expect that she is responsible in office.