Finalfan
IanScottWilson

What do you mean when you say God?

Finalfan

Con

I believe that God is everything! (Pantheism)... A lot of people believe that God is Omnipotent and Omniscient! They see him as the creator and have a fatherly relationship with him! Basically they see God as heads and Existence as tails! I see God as the Entire Coin! To me the word "God" is describing existence itself! There really is no evidence for either God, but with pantheism no one is going to hell!
IanScottWilson

Pro

I gladly accept the debate, and offer my definition of what I mean when I say 'god'.
The word 'god', to me, denotes the fairy tale, hatred, wars, evil, idiocy, lunacy, and delusion.

I am very glad, indeed, that there is no evidence (reason) to believe in a god this side of sanity. While my opponent is trying to define how much of this universe god makes up, whether it be a man in the sky or in fact the entirety of reality, I refute this ridiculous claim and say that there is, in fact, no god of any kind. I reckon, further, that to believe in a personal god (i.e,. a god that cares) is a subconscious desire to be a slave, with an all powerful cruel dictator in the sky.

As this debate was not very well structured with a topic asking a general question instead of asking either of us to take a stand, I feel that my answer adequately envelopes the whole of the issue. There is no god, whether that be Horus, Allah, Santa Claus, or an actual coin.
Finalfan

Con

Honestly I was just getting a feel for this place.. First time.. I have been debating on another website that had a little more freedom for how to structure a debate.. I apologize for not providing a clear topic but its good to hear from someone as nauseated about Religion as I am.. If you feel the same way about government, capitalism, and politics we probably have nothing to debate! BTW When you say that God doesn't exist it makes no sense to me because like I said, God is just another word for existence! So you are essentially saying "Existence Doesn't Exist"
IanScottWilson

Pro

I am quite anti-capitalism, imperialism, etc... Fair enough on the getting a feel for it! It is a good site, should you always participate. At the start I would forget what debates I was in and not check the site, but now I have the hang of it. And as for the definition of god, as you like, though if the word existence already exists, why corrupt it with a slanderous and evil title like god? ;)
Finalfan

Con

I never thought of it like that, but you do have a point! I think calling myself a pantheist is sort of a neutral ground for me to debate because honestly I haven't got a clue! Fairies and Dragons could exist for all I know! I thought "God is Everything" was easier to present than God doesn't exist! It is probably my reaction to being surrounded by Christianity! It is less offensive, so they might be more incline to see my point! I really do hate pandering though! In a debate I recently finished I asked.. "If there was a button that causes eternal suffering to countless souls.. would you press it? According to you God did!"
IanScottWilson

Pro

Ha!! That's great. Yeah, though I still think that offense has nothing to do with it. You wouldn't really change their minds regardless, in my experience. Well... It was nice talking to you, comrade.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
FinalfanIanScottWilsonTied
Reasons for voting decision: I just saw some mad man-love take place. It made my boy parts tingle. I declare this a tie.