ashley9716
lannan13

What do you think of this new tanning ban starting on January 1?

lannan13

ashley9716

Con

For those of you that have not heard about this tanning law all children were allowed to tan at the age of 14 with a parent consent and now they are changing the law to unless you are over the age of 18 you are not allowed to tan at all. Which i think is very stupid, if we make a law on tanning then kids are just going to lay out, stay in the sun longer, or use home tanning beds more, kids find a way to do EVERYTHING. One little law against it isn't going to change anything and if there gonna make a law against tanning in business's then are they gonna make a law that you can't own one in your home either?
lannan13

Pro

I actually support this new law on several reasons. Many teens are attracted to indoor tanning, though they know that spray tanning is a key alternative that is safe 86% of teens who tanned choose the indoor tanning which is more dangerous than spray tanning. http://www.realbeauty.com... The thing is that many American kids are actually addicted to tanning, (http://www.huffingtonpost.com...) so it was about time that the government had to step in and do something about it. Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in America and with the fact that indoor tanning can cause melanoma, the type of skin cancer that can kill you. http://www.skincancer.org...
ashley9716

Con

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

I herby extend all of my arguments as I await my opponent's response.
ashley9716

Con

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

I again unrefuted, extend all arguements.
ashley9716

Con

ashley9716 forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... I gues I'll have to wait another round for my opponent to respond.
ashley9716

Con

There are many facts that prove that going outside is way more dangers than tanning inside and if you take away the tanning beds than that's what people are going to do, either that or they are going to buy there own tanning bed and tan in their home. There are also many good things about tanning, it makes you happy, gives you vitamin D that helps with strong bones, everyone needs sun. and it also helps getting rid of other cancers and is a huge stress reliever so you tell me, even if you do ban it, there are so many ways around it. And if you ban tanning because "it can kill you" because of cancer then why not tobacco as well?
lannan13

Pro

My opponent's arguements last round are flawed considering the facts of that we are just placing a ban on tanning for kids that are under 18, not tanning in whole, so you can see here that my opponent's last round has ignored this fact. I extend the rest of my arguements and I urge you to vote Pro. Thank You.
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
I think any tanning at all is dangerous. especially inside because they use artificial UV lighting. this is in some cases more dangerous than the sun's rays. also you have to pay for it. its like paying someone to give you cancer.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
ashley9716lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeited to many rounds
Vote Placed by imabench 3 years ago
imabench
ashley9716lannan13Tied