ColeTheGreat411
Master-of-Infinity

What does India need to prioritize first? Economic Development or Environmental Protection?

ColeTheGreat411

ColeTheGreat411

Con

Hello, this is the introductory round in which we discuss our side and discuss who we are and other things such as: The Criterion, The resolved, and definitions. Now the round shall begin.

Hello, my name is Colman Sun and today I will be negating the resolved... Resolved: Prioritizing Economic Development over Environmental Protection is in the best interest of the people of India. To help provide clarity, I will provide you with definitions .
Caste System: A division of society based on differences of wealth, inherited rank or privilege, profession, occupation, or race.
Prioritize: To organize so that the most important thing is done or dealt with first.
Environmental Protection: protecting the environment from natural disasters such as pollution.
In order to help the voters weigh the round more easily, I present you with... The Criterion Of Quality Of Human Life. whichever side best protects human life should win the round. Thank you and I hope to see you in the next round which is the case reading in which you speak out your case in order to explain why your side protects people's lives best.
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

Environmental Protection because India is one of the fastest growing major economies and is considered a new industralized country. However, it continues to face the challenges of poverty, corruption, malnutrition, inadequate public healthcare, and terrorism. With an increase in safety, corruption, and terrorism should be able to be manipulated. Due to the fast growing economy, India could solve the problem of poverty, healthcare, and maybe even malnutrition. Enforced protection could also lead to no corruption by itself, because many individuals are selfish and think only of themself. When something positive occurs to the selfish individual, they respect and honor the one who showed that positivity. Further research supports India's economy has been going down. India's economy was like this before, and it became great didn't it? For you nature lovers out there, India has a lot of wildlife and environmental protection could help the poor living things out there killed by rebellions and other armies during wars for food or to get rid of. Ultimately, India's Environmental protection should be secure before economic growth.
ColeTheGreat411

Con

Voters, I would like to point out before this speech that my opponent has taken my side in this debate completely. I am discussing, Environment over economy and my opponent is giving you all facts why you all should vote for the environment. I believe why he has done this is because I stated that I would be NEGATING the resolved. (resolved in my first speech.) Now I will begin my case reading. Contention One: India's economy is already booming and poverty is still rampant. 42% of children in India younger than 5 are underweight and nearly 60% are stunted. India's economy has boomed with growth over the last few years averaging about 8%, but the country's development indicators continue to be abysmal. Contention 2: Caste system racism prevents economic benefits to the poor. As always, the Indian Elephant in the room is the Caste System.- the root cause of poverty in India. 90% of the poorest of the poor in India are Dalits. A new report by Anti-Slavery International has emphasized that caste discrimination is at the heart of debt bondage in India.Advantage 1: Saving lives from air pollution Last month, the Yale Environmental Performance Index ranked India 174th out of 178 countries on air pollution. According to India's Central Pollution Control Board, Indoor air pollution and outdoor air pollution are third and fifth leading causes of death in India. On monday, the court asked the Indian states to respond to a report from India's Environmental Pollution Control Authority that air pollution is the cause of 3,000 child deaths in Delhi alone. Advantage 2: saving lives and livelihoods from water pollution. About 200,000 children under 4 years die in India annually because of diarrheal diseases caused by dirty water and lack of proper sanitation. Jim Clyburn once said, " You can't separate the impact on the environment from the impact on our families and our communities." Voters, Vote for the safety, health, and the lives of the people of India and vote for the contending side of this debate.
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

I don't like this topic I forfeit
ColeTheGreat411

Con

Voters, I would like to point out that my opponent has forfeited this round however I will start my third speech now.
First of all, my opponent has completely taken my side so I have nothing to point out. Therefore, I believe I have won this round
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

I forfeit again because i support environmental protection and my opponent has supported my side so i see no point in continuing this debate
ColeTheGreat411

Con

Actually, I can prove your statement false because I said I would be NEGATING THE RESOLVED. not affinrming. I was the one supporting the environment. Also, I basically prove all of your statements by default because in your case, you took my side completely. I also proved your criteria false by default because you had absolutely no criteria but I had one so you can't say that you solved my criteria since you didnt mention any of mine at all!! Also, you didn't create a response to any of my points in your rebuttal sppech so therefore, you dropped all of my arguments. Therefore, I believe that I have won this debate
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

I was confused earlier and misread the first post.
ColeTheGreat411

Con

You being confused has nothing to do with this debate roun and now I will get the final focus.
I will state the voting issues now.
Issue 1: saving over 1.2 million lives from air pollution. People talk about pollution in the United States as is it is an idea that must be fought, but in India you can not breathe without the risk of death.
Issue 2: Saving over 2000 lives from air pollution. Voters, 65% of the people in India do not have access to clean water. We are not talking about streams and rivers voters, we are talking about sewage, filth, refuse, stagnating in pools that you are forced to drink from. Please vote, if for no other reason, in order to end the suffering of India's children.
Issue 3: Economic Development Sponsors (or possibly traitor to his own side) hate the disadvantages. India is corrupt. There are no two ways about it. Their corruption sponsors terror and greed. It builds itself on the backs of the poor and the working class, crushing hundreds of millions of businesses underfoot in order to feed it's own corruption.

In the words of Rahul Gandhi, "If you don't have position, you have nothing. That's the tragedy of India."

Issue 4: The criterion of Human Life. I believe life is fundamental to all other values, and all other issues in today's debate. Not only that, I believe that I have upheld the Criterion of Quality of Human life throughout this debate.
In the words of French explorer- Jaques Cousteau, " =Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans."

For these reasons voters, I urge you to vote for the lives of the women, men, and children of India and vote for the contending side of this debate.
Master-of-Infinity

Pro

For the voters information I am not focusing on this debate mainly because I see no point in this anymore, and I don't have passion or excitement for this subject. I have moved to another debate but will respectfully complete this debate so that my opponent stops attacking me with texts
Posted by Master-of-Infinity 3 years ago
Master-of-Infinity
To all the viewers, please consider voting after viewing this debate
Master-of-Infinity
Honestly, you are stronger in topics such as society and I personally enjoy technology discussions much more than these topics period.
Posted by ColeTheGreat411 3 years ago
ColeTheGreat411
Actually, y debate instructor has nothing to do with this. It only means that I am only more experienced
Than you in debating and it wasn't like I was using champion briefs. I was using handmade briefs
Master-of-Infinity
My opponent is using all the information from his debate instructor so please consider putting this into account before deciding
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
ColeTheGreat411Master-of-InfinityTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. Always good to check your side before taking a side.