CodyLTJames
Samuel60

What if everyone is in a dream and when we wake up is the second stage of life

CodyLTJames

Pro

Discuss opinions and hypothetical scenarios and why or why not this is improbable
Samuel60

Con

I will willingly argue and discuss this topic with you. I will argue against you on one condition, I will disagree with your theory and try to provide my perspective and theories. I am an atheist, so I wouldn't include the creationism theory or anything like that.
CodyLTJames

Pro

i think this could totally be possible. the first stage could be a learning experience for the second stage. or it could be like most dreams where you forget them when you wake up. maybe you wake up as a newborn or maybe an entire different being. lets hear your thoughts
Samuel60

Con

Arguments:

Near Death Experience:

Well, surely, the inquiry hasn't been answered. Yet, it is still a crucial question that scientists are trying to figure out. I have researched a couple of theories to what might happen after we past. In 1991, in Atlanta, Georgia, a local resident, Pam Reynolds had a near death experience. Reynolds had a brain surgery, and in order for the actual surgery/incision to be performed Reynolds had all of her blood sucked out of here brain; she was braindead until the end of the surgery. After she was rejuvenated, she described some extraordinary experiences while she was braindead. For instance, according to Reynolds she has met her dead relatives and she was able to detail everything that occurred during the surgery.

She had an NDE (near death experice) and an out-of-body experience. There has been a scientific study which explains this phenomenon. 18% of people that are brought back from the dead have these kinds of experiences. Metaphysically/and religiously explained, your consciousness and the body are distinct from each other. But how can we really apply science to this situation, an inquiry that baffles us all. Noramally, a braindead person brought back to life should not have any accounts of his/her situation [1].

Evidences:

University of Kentucky Research:

Researchers from the University of Kentuky have conducted a study. The scientists there explain a theory of Rapid Eye Movement Intrustrusion. Basically, a person's body wakes up to early and causes halluciniations.

http://science.howstuffworks.com...

Robert Lanza

Robert Lanza, a chief scientific officer of advanced cell technology suggests that death doesn't exist. Our bodies die, but we don't. Robert Lanza calls his theory Biocentrism. Technically, when you die your inner you gets transported to another univerise, another dimension. The inner you or what most of us call the "soul" is a 20-watt object full of all kinds of energy, but this energy may not leave your body after death. Scientists suggest that energy can never be destroyed nor created. But it is still plausible for this energy to leave somewhere else, to leave to a different world.

http://www.robertlanza.com...;

CodyLTJames

Pro

as I said discuss OPINIONS and HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIOS not other peoples past experiences. None of that was your own. You decided to make your round one void of all merit. I will continue my thoughts but please stick to the parameters of the debate. Imagine if we died and came back as something or someone else. Maybe the so called sins would not matter in the second life. Of course ending others lives early would also bring about many more questions. Would they get some special incentive in the next life? Would the murderer be punished in the next life? An interesting topic that raises many questions. It could be like a variation of the beginning of the matrix or some such. Lets hear your thought and remember keep the plagiarism to a minimum.
Samuel60

Con

-Sorry, I thought this was an actual debate, silly me. I was just forging for information and trying to form my own opinion on the research. And I am not plagiarising, I do credit my sources, opponent.

Anyways, I strongly agree with the theory of biocentrism, what if we actually do transport to a different universe or a different dimension when our bodies die, what do you think? While being transported to a different universe, we might end up in a different body there, I partially agree with your perspective. But even that, how could you explain paranormal activities and the intrusion of spiritual beings, I have witnessed a couple of these events before. You are based around Hinduism's ideas. I think after death we do end up in a different universe, I am not sure if we end up in a different body or object, I will not start jumping to conclusions.

CodyLTJames

Pro

CodyLTJames forfeited this round.
Samuel60

Con

Samuel60 forfeited this round.
CodyLTJames

Pro

I'v decided to write nothing seeing as my opponent's account is deactivated.
Samuel60

Con

Samuel60 forfeited this round.
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
i think ive discussed enough or i may have chose the wrong person. Its all copy and paste with you.
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
Posted by Samuel60 3 years ago
Samuel60
Sure
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
and if you thought it was a debate arent u con. u wouldnt be supporting the idea. lets set the record straight its a discussion
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
their not your opinions and scenarios is my point
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
Posted by Samuel60 3 years ago
Samuel60
Maybe if it isn't a hypothetical scenario, live examples are also good to include
Posted by Samuel60 3 years ago
Samuel60
do you mind making this a video debate?
Posted by Samuel60 3 years ago
Samuel60
I do discuss hypothetical scenerios, I got my info from the internet. I credited my sources, what are you talking about?
Posted by CodyLTJames 3 years ago
CodyLTJames
im all for this being real
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
CodyLTJamesSamuel60Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It seems that Pro is willing to null this debate giving his opponent's deactivation. If I'm incorrect on this, let me know, but that's why I'm nulling it.