radicaldreamer
WiseHagbard

What if were being lied too?

radicaldreamer

Pro

What if there is a human colony in space? What if were being lied to, to protect our own interests in the long run? What would that be? What if the powers to be, ones in control of this blue rock, are limiting our ability to reach further into space? What if our own government is hiding this notion? What if they use false education to manipulate the masses into thinking that, aliens or other human colonies are a myth? What if in fact our government is being lied to as well? What if there being told what to say and believe? What if they are being threatened? What if in outer space, aliens or other beings have found earth and are not allowed back here? What if they came before? What if they came long ago and brought humans with them? What if a war broke out, a war so horrible they fled to the vast reaches of space? What if history was rewritten to cover up a devastating lie we created for ourselves? What if that was our fail-safe? What if the powers to be, knew all the history of earth and created religion as a cover up? What if religion is fake? What if the idea of God is in fact and idea itself? What if people were actually higher beings? What if they destroyed each other? What if something else destroyed them/us? What if our existence is limited by a disease we call cancer? What if they put these cancers inside of us to restrict our age? What if were being lied too? What if human colonists are trying to reach us for help, or in fact warn us about a possible impending doom? What if they did reach us? What if our governments are hiding this, what if there not? What if I'm just speaking my mind like we all should do? What if I'm asking questions that were or not asked already? What if...
WiseHagbard

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate this topic.

I would like to begin by proposing two conditions in which my opponent's opening questions may be considered immaterial.

1) What if none of those things are true?

Or. . .

2) What is only some of them are true?

Or. . .

3) What if we're all really hamsters and we're just having a dream that we're humans? If that's the case, all that you've said is moot. Unless of course all of that is really going on, but to the actual humans who actually own us (i.e. the hamsters), in which case it's all really their problem and not ours. Unless of course as hamsters dreaming that we're humans, it turns out that in reality, when we wake up, hamsters are the ones in charge and people are the ones who are pets, and it's the hamsters (i.e. us) who are facing all of the problems you mention. Unless in that scenario, we're really humans dreaming that we're hamsters dreaming that we're humans. Unless we further learn that we're hamsters dreaming that we're humans dreaming that we're hamsters dreaming that we're humans. What if that's the case?
radicaldreamer

Pro

radicaldreamer forfeited this round.
WiseHagbard

Con

What if the original poster wasn't even trying to debate? What if I'm not even arguing with anyone?

What if I don't even completely disagree with him? What if he's right? What if I know, because I'm in on it? What if I'm one of the people lying to us all, and now I'm just trying to cover it up?

But then, what I'm lying about that?
radicaldreamer

Pro

radicaldreamer forfeited this round.
WiseHagbard

Con

WiseHagbard forfeited this round.
Posted by radicaldreamer 3 years ago
radicaldreamer
I was having fun as well.

https://www.youtube.com...

Please watch.
Posted by WiseHagbard 3 years ago
WiseHagbard
Fair enough... What ifs are certainly worth asking. I knew it was kind of ridiculous to debate when I accepted. Just having fun... :)
Posted by radicaldreamer 3 years ago
radicaldreamer
Well considering I can't choice a side here, being left or right".it's just more of a independent rant on senseless words. Debate for the what if's I would say, lies solely on speculation. So it's neither a yes or no, more of a what if".

"Oh and what if debates are used as a tool for governments to freely invoke our opinions?
Posted by Dmot 3 years ago
Dmot
sounds like a cool idea for a story, not so much a debate though
Posted by Sukhmeet 3 years ago
Sukhmeet
I don't get this debate are you saying that you enjoy being lied to or against, because you seem to be con in your first debate, I would challenge you if I understood your side