What is God's intentions

Con Tied Pro

The Bible begins saying: In the begining, God created the heavens and the earth. and he saw this was good.

But why? Why was it good?? Why did God create the Earth, why did he create people.

Imagine your God, why would you make the heavens and the Earth? For something to.. do? Is mankind entertaining? Is that why he made a world... and he watches us all from above? For something to do instead of floating meaninglessly in a mass of darkness?

He gave us free will, and now he watches us all, seeing how we live, how we act. Must be much better than TOTAL DARKNESS. There is so much more pain in the world than good. Explain why God wouldnt help us... he watches us... he can hear us. Why doesnt he show himself?

Imagine being in God's shoes. This world must be something really fun to watch... watching what we do, how we live, must be extraordinary. See this from my point of view? Now debate, what are your thoughts?

Is God really good? If he is... why the hell did he make us??

Thank you for starting this debate.

Being made in the image and likeness of God (Genesis 1:27), human beings have the ability to know God and therefore love Him, worship Him, serve Him, and fellowship with Him. God did not create human beings because He needed them. As God, He needs nothing. In all eternity past, He felt no loneliness, so He was not looking for a "friend." He loves us, but this is not the same as needing us. If we had never existed, God would still be God—the unchanging One (Malachi 3:6). The I AM (Exodus 3:14) was never dissatisfied with His own eternal existence. When He made the universe, He did what pleased Himself, and since God is perfect, His action was perfect. "It was very good" (Genesis 1:31).

Also, God did not create "peers" or beings equal to Himself. Logically, He could not do so. If God were to create another being of equal power, intelligence, and perfection, then He would cease to be the one true God for the simple reason that there would be two gods—and that would be an impossibility. "The LORD is God; besides him there is no other" (Deuteronomy 4:35). Anything that God creates must of necessity be lesser than He. The thing made can never be greater than, or as great as, the One who made it.

tyguy forfeited this round.

My opponent makes no argument.

I see another forfeit in the 3rd found:(

tyguy forfeited this round.

My opponent makes no arguments during this whole debate, and forfeited 2 rounds, giving me an automatic win.

I hate when this happens.

Posted by Sniperjake1994 7 years ago
Posted by dan1 7 years ago
Yea i think this is going to be a debate where he makes no aruguments but no 1 votes on it.
Posted by KeithKroeger91 7 years ago
Great argument dan you nailed it right on the head.
Posted by dan1 7 years ago
This is not even a resolution, your just asking a question.
Posted by tyguy 7 years ago
Quotes from the bible have nothing to do with my question topic.

The bible never talks about why God made the Earth.

Tell me why you think he did make the earth.
Posted by dan1 7 years ago
Did you even read my argument,
Posted by tyguy 7 years ago
okay, lets say god is absolutely perfect, and his choice was perfect, ok.

he doesnt need us, he made us cuz its very good and hes perfect? that doesnt even make any sence.

WHY did he make us if he didnt need US. Because hes perfect and he doesnt make mistakes isnt an answer, and i dont care if you say not to question his ultimate power. WHY did he make us.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago