Shaka
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

What is it to blame for Africa's failure ?

Shaka

Pro

I believe that the past had a major influence on Africa's ability to move forward. But is it right for africans to always blame the west or their barbaric society for their failure ?
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

There is one simple thing to blame for Africa's failure and it is not its past.

It's the fact that it has too many black people and the whites have to actulaly obey laws as opposed to enslaving them.

If you look anywhere in the world where there is success, it has white people in positions of power that make and break laws at their discretion.

The only potential exceptions could be India and China but Asians aren't like black people, they don't need the white man to run them as much.
Shaka

Pro

Shaka forfeited this round.
8elB6U5THIqaSm5QhiNLVnRJA

Con

That's the truth.
Shaka

Pro

Shaka forfeited this round.
Posted by David12N 2 years ago
David12N
Blaming the past or the west is not that helpful. The Commission for Africa noted a lot of internal issues that are making it harder for the underdeveloped parts of Africa to progress.The lack of farming storage facilities, low rates of irrigated land, the lack of road infrastructure and high cost of transportation and the fees, charges and inefficiencies at some African ports make it hard to escape poverty. The low rate {at least at the time of the report} of trading amongst African countries is also an issue. The past or the west does not stop these issues from being addressed.
Posted by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
Actually, Africa hasn't failed at all. The number of persons living below $2 per day is expected to finally go below 1 billion by 2050 and potentially under 300 million by 2100; many of those persons live in Africa, which has rapidly increased its wealth.

Starting from a center of exploitation, it's done pretty well.
Posted by MisterH-D 2 years ago
MisterH-D
I quite agree. One would have to be blind to not admit that Africa has failed badly. And I say that as an African teenager. I think pro should define clearly what type of failure. Actually it's more complex than people think. One has to know that most of African countries were actually more developed 40-50 years ago. I would accept the challenge If I wasn't revising for exams.
Posted by MisterH-D 2 years ago
MisterH-D
Posted by Shaka 2 years ago
Shaka
How can be racist when i am black and african myself ? I was born and raised in africa, lived through all the wars. So yes, it is barbaric to me.
Posted by Rubikx 2 years ago
Rubikx
barbaric society?? are you trying to be racist or are you just ignorant of like all of world history?
Posted by Shaka 2 years ago
Shaka
Economic, politic and social failures. What is it to blame for these ?
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
What failure? You need to elaborate a bit more.