Mihir3009
PBT09

What is more important - having abundance of natural resources or having skilled population

PBT09 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/19/2018 Category: Economics
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

Mihir3009

Con

I have case study of GCC countries and venezuela where they have abundance of natural resource 'Oil'. But when 2008 and 2014 oil crisis comes, venezuela's economy fall badly. Similarly, other countries which oil based economy found less GDP growth. But if you have skilled people, you always lead your countries towards technological innovation which leads to economic growth. Also the important point is that if you have abundance of natural resources but you need skilled people to utilize them. So, having skilled people is more important than having natural resources.
PBT09

Pro

This will be my first debate so I’ll apologize just in case I did anything against the customary of debating. I’m also not a native user of English so I apologize if any of my grammatical error causes a misunderstanding between us. My argument is having abundance of natural resources is more important than skilled population because it's natural resources that create, and develop the required skills for the population. It's the natural resource that set the needs of skills. To further support my argument is that the fastest growing countries in the world right now are those that are resource-abundant. As such, having abundance of natural resources is more important than having skilled population.
Mihir3009

Con