ace_123
missjones

What is more important, to be understood (con) or to understand (pro)?

ace_123

Pro

My definition of to be understood is for people to be able to comprehend your current situation and simply be understood as a human-being with feelings, and my definition of to understand is to neglect your feelings and consider on other's situation instead and I choose pro simply because to understand people's feelings is more crucial and a lot easier in order to advance one's relationship rather than being selfish and expecting others to understand us or else, we'd feel devastated and upset. If you think about it, enhancing a relationship is way more easier by struggling to understand the other party instead of thinking about us since this is deemed to make the other party happier and therefore this would lead to happier us. I know that by saying this, it means that people value the idea of being understood by others so much, that is why it is more crucial to try to understand others rather than working on ourselves only. Not only it helps us build our relationship but it also brings to a happier self. This basically tells a win-win situation but I have a little feeling that the concept of how you have to struggle to understand others' feelings to make them a happy a little bit flawed since this would eventually lead them to be living in their comfort zone that they would no longer need to consider on trying to understand others instead. I think what should be in our common sense is that we have to try to understand each other and basically when you have this one person who thinks about being understood all the time instead of trying to be in others' shoes, all s/he would gain is a higher statistic of s/his reduction of friends. As a conclusion, I think that to understand one's situation rather than be understood is way more vital and a lot easier.
ace_123

Pro

Hey, I think you had to state your argument so we can rush this up. Actually this is for my school project loll.

Alright, regarding the comment, "you need to understand before you can be understood", most people do not apply to that. I'm going to put a parameter to our argument which is involving teenagers and teenagers only. Most teenagers have a tendency to be understood before they start to consider the 'idea' of being mature which is by trying to understand others' feelings but no, they don't realize that just yet. I think this issue brings to why most teenagers are facing depression nowadays. Have you heard of, "why does nobody understand me?" and things like that that majority comes from teenagers? Everyone has heard that, even I myself as a teenager have experienced that feeling countless of times but now it's come to my realization that the solution to this issue is simply what I am arguing about today. This is why I brought up this argument, which is to open people's eyes that what is more important is to try to understand others' situation first. Plus, when you ignore the consequences of not trying to put yourself in other shoes, this will likely lead to all the negativity that you have in your life. You will automatically put higher expectations on other people and this without any doubt brings the reason as to why we are easily frustrated, upset and brought down by others. I seriously think that restarting your mindset that life is much simpler by not expecting much from others and try to understand them instead, will bring your life a ten times more genuine happiness. Plus just so you know, your life would be automatically discarding the concept of 'what you give, you get back' because even if people aren't being nice to you, you try to deluge your mind and yourself with positivity by understanding the circumstances that he or she might be going through a bad day. This doesn't just do good to your relationships with others but also free almost 60% of your worries. It would also train your mind to think wisely and maturely which is the only ingredient to facing our hard life we all have today. The concept of trying to understand others first might sound petty but it'd without no doubt bring a massive difference to our lives especially to teenagers who are facing through depression or social anxieties and such that our lives would be ten times better by putting others forth instead of yourself. Therefore, I without any doubt agree that being the one to understand is much more crucial than expecting to be understood.
missjones

Con

missjones forfeited this round.
ace_123

Pro

ace_123 forfeited this round.
missjones

Con

See ya! :)
ace_123

Pro

ace_123 forfeited this round.
missjones

Con

I hope you fail your school project you coward.
ace_123

Pro

What am I supposed to reply to you absolutely forfeited all rounds lol stop i'm not going to tolerate to that absurdly shitty and nonsensical attitude of yours. By the way I aced my school project so you can go back to where you live and I'll go my way. I wish for you a happy life and may you be blessed by Him.
missjones

Con

You're a weak little woman. I'm sure the only reason you "aced" your assignment is because you and your teacher had a "special relationship". i.e. you sucked him/her off. I could believe either.
You lose cunt.
Posted by Balacafa 1 year ago
Balacafa
You need to understand before you can be understood.