ChrisArthur
Deonatus

What is the Worst Super Power?

ChrisArthur has forfeited round #4.

ChrisArthur

Pro

For this debate I will be arguing why I think the super power of Infectious Lass is the worst super power of them all, since there is nothing super about infecting your teammates with uncomon diseases.

Debate structure:
Round 1 - introduce which super power you find to be the worst.
Round 2 - make argument.
Round 3 - rebuttal.
Round 4 - conclude.

Rules:
1. 3 sentence arguments per round (ten total from each debater, including 1 sentence for introduction in Round 1).
2. The super power must already exist in comic book fiction (it can not be something made up like "the ability to turn invisible when others are not looking/blinking").
3. You must pick one from any on these sites (a lot of the same useless superpowers appear on different sites):

Deonatus

Con

I accept the debate, the rules set forth by my opponent, and will be arguing that the "superhero" Dogwelder's "power" to weld dogs onto the faces of his enemies is the worst/most useless superpower to exist in any comic universe.
ChrisArthur

Pro

Ah yes, that is a good bad one indeed and I, myself, almost chose that. However; in the end, this "superhero" is still stopping his bad guys just in an abnormal and inhumane way whereas mine only weakens the other heroes thus giving the enemy a greater advantage. Dogwelder makes enemies suffer by replacing their faces with a dog (though I do not like his method, it is still an effective one at dealing with enemies, I suppose).
Deonatus

Con

The worst superpower would of course not only be ineffective, but inhumane as well. Dogwelder may be an effective "superhero" (to some degree though he does die in the comics) but this has little or nothing to do with his "superpower" which can only be of use to maim his enemies after he's captured them. There is no doubt that Dogwelder's power is far more immoral than that of my opponents as he is trapping and killing dogs (primarily puppies) to then fuse with another human's face which is no doubt a form of cruel and unusual punishment as well as unnecessary torture.
ChrisArthur

Pro

This coming from the guy who is in favor of eating dog meat (or at least not seeing any opposition in legalizing dog meat be sold) and expects me to believe that his pick for the worst "superpower" (which you put in quotation marks because you agree it is not super nor is it even a power, so thus how are you able to argue that it is the worst super power) is because he feels that it morally wrong to kill dogs. You just said yourself that Dogwelder's "superpower" can only be of use to maim his enemies after he's captured them; so given that, Dogwelder must be at least successful at capturing enemies. Infectious Lass's super power prohibits her and her team from being able to catch bad guys simply because they have malaises (and unless someone had the same power as her which prevents her from getting any illness, there really is no way to combat it).
Deonatus

Con

Let the record show that discrediting my argument about the immorality of murdering puppies to commit torture by saying that I am not opposed to other's choosing to use animal meat as it is naturally and morally to be used is absurd when you take into account the fact that my opponent is fervently opposed to the concept of eating dogs, let alone killing them specifically to maim others. I have already distinguished between Dogwelder's success and the correlation between that success and his power (which does nothing to actually stop crime) which is more than my opponent can say about Infectious Lass who has actually used her powers, such as when she single handedly defeated Arrow in Earth 247 and Universo as First Lady of the United Planets. Infectious Lass has more control over her abilities as time goes on which makes her a formidable foe and her immunity to all diseases as well as her carrying of all diseases would, if studied allow for incredible medical breakthroughs and be a fantastic force for good that is neither immoral (as is the pointless murder of puppies and pointless torture of humans) nor worthless (as is the ability to attach a dead dog to an already captured criminal's face.
Posted by Deonatus 8 months ago
Deonatus
Does this mean I win by default? ;)
Posted by ChrisArthur 9 months ago
ChrisArthur
I literally was just having this conversation with a friend. Yet if you diss Hawkeye, you diss Deadshot too.
Posted by Deonatus 9 months ago
Deonatus
You're right he seems to me like a hero but not a super hero. I think he's got a good dynamic with the Avengers movies though.
Posted by TheBenC 9 months ago
TheBenC
The worst superpower is whatever the crap Hawkeye has. He has...what power? He can see a bit better than most, which is not super but actually a human ability.