Gwydion777
missnini

What is the most efficient Hand-to-Hand combat weapon?

Started: 9/12/2013 Category: Arts

Gwydion777

Pro

I believe that the best hand to hand combat weapon is either a knife or short sword.
I am excited to see what my opponent and commenters think is the most efficient weapon.
missnini

Con

My argument may disappoint you, because I am, right now at least, not going to tell you which is my favourite weapon. I think that the best weapon is the one you are most comfortable with. Into well trained hands the stupidest weapon can be Deadly, while the one we consider as the deadliest can be inefficient.
Gwydion777

Pro

Why I chose to say knife or short sword is because that it is one of the most basic and easy weapons to use. It is BECAUSE it is easy that people can become deadly with it.
The short sword is also common and found in almost every war-based nation. It was effective in the hands of infantry and specialists because there were many different ways to use the sword. The two most useful ways are either stabbing or slashing. Stabbing is useful when your opponent has a weak defense. Because stabbing makes an intrusion into the body the victim needs immediate medical help or will lose precious blood. Slashing is used for more quick and skillful strikes. Slashing is mainly used when your opponent has a better defense. If you can wedge your blade just the right way you can easily disarm an opponent of almost any weapon. Short swords though are not typically used for this. Shorter swords are used for more agile users that will move around their opponent with grace and balance picking at their defense and striking openings.
missnini

Con

You are sure right, but when it comes to the actual fight, any weapon you have might be turned against you, especially if you are not well trained. So even if using a knife or a small sword seems easy, it may not be the best idea to use it.
Also, I would like to point out that no weapon is THE BEST, it all depends on the situation. For instance, if your opponent has a small knife, you might want to try to grab something longer. This way, you'll be able to hurt him while staying at a safe distance of your opponent's blade
Gwydion777

Pro

Here is an occasion i found where the situation can matter but doesn't. around 1814-1816 the Anglo-Nepalese war was ensued and the English(Britain) were losing. They came across a tribe of warriors called the Ghurkhas who used some guns but were most effective with a knife called the Kukri or Kukuri. They made a compromise with the people if they would fight for them. The Ghurkhas agreed and helped win the war for England. The most famous battle the Ghurkhas fought in was in the Falklands War. Some of the troops the British were fighting surrendered after the British simply dropped leaflets of paper explaining they were sending Ghurkhas to annihilate them with their Kukris if they continued to fight. The Kukri, in fact, was so effective it could cut an opponents limb or head with a single movement.
missnini

Con

Yes, but there again, the Ghurkhas were trained warriors, they probably had practiced so much with their Kukri that it became like an extension of their arms. If you gave me a Kurkuri to fight with, I sure wouldn't be as deadly, I even think I would be more dangerous for myself than for others.
Plus, I still don't know how you could avoid your opponent from taking your weapon from you.
To solve this problem, I would probably go with a knuckle duster. your opponent can't take it from you, it enables you to hit you opponent harder, you can't hurt yourself with it, and you can still move freely when wearing it.
Gwydion777

Pro

Gwydion777 forfeited this round.
missnini

Con

missnini forfeited this round.
Gwydion777

Pro

Gwydion777 forfeited this round.
missnini

Con

missnini forfeited this round.
Posted by mzoldos 3 years ago
mzoldos
Yes, it's gun to gun. As in hand to hand.
Posted by LjNogler 3 years ago
LjNogler
Black Jack or a slap stick vs the knife or small sword!
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
Well I said Hand to Hand so no-one would use a gun.
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
Posted by mrsatan 3 years ago
mrsatan
Possibly brass knuckles, though it's kind of a stretch. They could be considered more of an augment to someone's hand rather than a weapon.
Posted by peedeeboi 3 years ago
peedeeboi
Mr. Satan said exactly what I think. Hand to hand means HAND TO HAND. As soon as weapons are introduced, it isn't hand to hand anymore.
Posted by mrsatan 3 years ago
mrsatan
I'd have to say the hands.... It's not hand to hand combat if you're using weapons.