What is the need for God?

I would first just like to start off with introducing myself and learning who my opponent will be. I am also referring to the God whom apparently created this world and was part Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Good luck to whom ever my opponent may be and please lets have a great argument and may the best one truly win

First I would like to ask. What is man without God
WE would never exist if we didn't have a God who created us. It wasn't just a big bang and we were there. God made us, made us in the image of him. Genesis 9:6 " Whoever sheds a man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man. So to say there is no need for God is not logical.
Without God men would not be saved Jesus came into the world as perfect sacrifice for immortal, wicked hearted man, who deserve death. Jesus took over for us and took what we deserve, death!!! After the third day he rose again, so we don't serve a dead God.

How can you prove that God is real though? There is nothing in the whole entire world that leaves traces of there ever being a God other than a bible and a man. First of all how can you believe the Bible was real? It was written thousands of years ago, and it was written by many people. Secondly, Jesus was the perfect man correct? There was nothing that led this man to sin... except one thing. He Hated. If I'm not mistaken that would be considered a sin, which makes Jesus a fake man. Since he is fake that means his whole bible teachings and everything he had said to inspire the bible is fake which must than mean that God is fake. So if God is fake, that what is our need for him? To make it seem like someone is always watching our lives, taking notes of our "sins'. Please if you can, correct me and tell me that I am wrong, if I am wrong but this seems like a logical statement to me.

I understand my opponent thinks that the Bible isn't real because it was written thousands of years ago. This is true. But doesn't that just prove the point? Yes many people wrote the Bible. People who were inspired by God wrote the Bible. So the word of God was spoken through it. The reason why we need God is well we would not be here without him. You can see God in everything. Beautiful mountains, flowers, space, stars. Nothing can just happen on accident. God ordains for everything to happen. Say your good Christian grandmother died, you may ask why can this God do this? IT may because God wanted her to go to heaven, or when you get involved with her memorial service or funeral you may become a believer. Let' s say it was the second one, you become a believer, God ordained this before the beginning of time. So nothing again happens on accident. When God promises things, He always keeps his promises, because He knew what was going to happen before the beginning of time.
Look up laminin. Laminin holds your body together. What is the shape of it? A cross. Jesus took away our sins on a cross!! This amazing! You clearly see God in this. " He is before all things and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:17.
Lastly, how can you say Jesus is fake. He never, never, never hated. He condemned the Pharisees to hell. That was not hate. That was what they deserved, that is what they wanted. By God's love he puts people in hell who want to be in hell, and puts people in heaven who wants to be in heaven. Jesus loves at all times. God loves at all times!! Jesus gave up his life for us who believe. Nothing is greater than laying down his life for a friend.
Yes God hates it when we sin, but he is a forgiving God. All you do is repent.

I will first start with the ending of your argument where you are saying Jesus did not hate.

Ps 11:5 The Lord proves the righteous, but the wicked & the one who loves violence His soul HATES.

and than It will even show him teaching us to hate just like listed here:

If anyone comes to Me, and does not HATE his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." (Luke 14:26)

And yes, you are saying all of these things about what God has done for us and where he is around us but HOW DO I KNOW IF HE IS REAL. Why should i need a god if i don't even know hes real. Thats what i'm getting at. How can you say there is a great need for a god unless right now you can prove to me that their is a God above all other gods and that he will rise up and take the chosen people and leave the others to perish in hell such as he promised.

You do not understand what the pasages are saying! I would like to start with the second. It is saying that you must LOVE the Lord your God more than you LOVE your mother or fahter. After all, He did make us and died for us.
The first verse. Jesus dos'nt like those who are wickied, but he shows them his love and puts them where they belong. Besides they hate Him.
Lastly I keep proving that God is real God and there is a great need for him. But you keep surpressing the truth!!
If there is a God and Jesus is real, why do we need Him? And why can't all people go to heaven? Isn't being good or sincere sufficient enough to get me to heaven?
To answer these questions, we must answer others first. Is man inherently good? That is, does he have a good nature? Or is God in all people? Does God favor some people over others? Do we have a free will? To answer these questions we must turn again to the Bible. We need to see how God created man, what happened to him, and what is his relationship to God and eternity.

When God created Adam, He created Adam to serve God and have communion or relationship with him (Gen 3:8-9). Not as a slave. But as a husband-wife relationship (Eph5:31-32) or like a son and Father (Rom8:15-16), or even as friend to friend (John15:13-14). But the relationship of God to Adam was not forced upon him without choice. Yes God is God, yes God is Lord, but God is good, merciful and loving. God even commanded Adam. Does a father command his child to stay off the street for his own safety? So God commanded Adam to not eat from the Tree of Knowledge. But God left the choice to Adam whether to obey or not. God did not want a robot to serve and love Him. What value is love if there is no choice. But the value of love becomes precious when what can leave, does not, because it chooses to stay. So God commanded Adam to not eat of the Tree of Knowledge but was allowed to eat all else. There was put before Adam a choice:

Deut 30: MKJV
19 I call Heaven and earth to record today against you. I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore, choose life, so that both you and your seed may live,
20 so that you may love the LORD your God, and that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him. For He is your life and the length of your days, so that you may dwell in the land ...

Joshua 24: MKJV
15 And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve...

Some would have us think that Adam's fall was God's will, or some even think that God has or had some sadistic pleasure of forcing servitude with the choice of punishment. But I ask you, does the father who commands his child to stay off the busy street, wish and desire the traffic to be there, to run over stray children? No! His obedience is commanded because of certain laws put into effect. For order to exist there must be laws.

An example, without the law of gravity we would not be here. Is God therefore limited by gravity? No, he created it to bring order. Order without law would be an empty creation. And that was what was before God created. Therefore He made laws so His creation would exist in harmony. Well, some say would ask, couldn't God create a Universe where we can choose to walk without consequence? Then each man would be a god, and he would have his own standards, and each god or man would need create his own universe, because my laws would counter act against yours. And each god would then need to be completely alone, because we are selfish. And so God in His universe was alone and created man to be with Him. This is Love. And to exist in harmony and love, man must accept the laws of physics and laws of the spirit to abide there.

Another question by many is this? Is God evil that he put the Tree of Knowledge in the garden with Adam? This I know: God is good. In Him there is no evil. I know this; satan was on the earth and in the garden. I know this: God gave authority and power to Adam over all of creation. I therefore believe this: satan possessed a serpent in the garden which Adam could have rebuked and sent away. I believe this: satan cannot create but can corrupt.

Here is a revelation that I put from theory into doctrine. That satan some how, corrupted a tree or possessed it and it became the Tree of Knowledge. Read this:

Ezek 31: MKJV
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him; the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches. Nor was any tree in the garden of God like him in his beauty.
9 I have made him beautiful by his many branches, so that all the trees of Eden in the garden of God envied him.
18 To whom are you like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? Yet you shall be brought down with the trees of Eden to the lower parts of the earth...

So this Tree and the choice it gave came from satan, not from God. The fallen angels, came from heaven and have seen marvelous things man has not seen. It is completely possible, satan used his knowledge to corrupt a tree to produce the fruit of knowledge and death.

Rev 2:24 ...who did not know the deep things of Satan...

I believe this was permitted by God for 2 major reasons:

1. Because of the laws of order.
2. This furthered His desire for Adam to have a choice in choosing to obey, therefore allowing love thru choice to exist.
3. Adam had the authority to stop satan and bring all the earth including the serpent and the Tree of Knowledge back into their place under God away from corruption.

Lets remember:

1. God allowed it.
2. God did give power to break it.

Does a father allow the traffic to exist in front of his house despite the child's safety concerns? Yes. Because even the traffic and road serves the father. Though indirectly.

In Adam's original state before he sinned, what nature did he have? Did God's Holiness abide in Adam's being? This is another tough question. This is what I have found in God's Word:

Rom 14: NKJV
14 I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself; but to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

1 Tim 4: ESV
4 For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5 for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

What I see here then, is that nothing is evil and nothing is Holy, unless we do something about it. Therefore, Adam was neither unclean nor sanctified. He was in a neutral state given opportunity by God to choose. Adam had not eaten of the Tree of Life, in fact God chased him out of Eden before Adam could eat it.

What is important is what became of Adam's being after the sin. God had declared "for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die". Did Adam die physically that day? No. Did he die emotionally? No he increased emotion. Did he die intellectually? No, he increased intellectually. Did he die in his will? That is, did he lose total power of choice thru self determination? No, that increased as well. Only one thing remains; spirit. Adam died spiritually. That part of man where God can reside, now was dead. Did Adam have a spirit? Yes, spirit is immortal, but it's light was put out. From henceforward all people are born spiritually dead, eternally separated from God.

Rom 5: LITV
12 Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned. This should answer your question.

All of that is very superb, but thats assuming their is a God. I know this is a stupid example but i could right a book about batman for example. I may right tons of different scripture for him telling the world all of this stuff he has done in past time. What if it caught on, and 100 years from now that was a God.

Ok, I do have to agree with you that it was a weak analogy. Some weird people may think " oh, he is a cool super hero and so on." But I still believe that is a weak analogy. Batman didn't make that universe. He didn't die for your sins. One more thing never "ASSUME" there is a God, because there is the GOD. I will pray for you that you will be saved it may not be today, but I hope it is sometime in your life. Thank you for having a good debate. God bless you! :)

Posted by tornshoe92 5 years ago
To be honest I'm not sure who I would vote for. Con tried using off topic arguments to undermine the initial resolution and pro supplied some very weak arguments. However, the arguments that were put forward were relatively well worded and coherent so I applaud you both on that.
Posted by asia54 5 years ago
That is ridiculous!!
Posted by asia54 5 years ago
THANx !!! :)
Posted by johnnywhoop 5 years ago
Hey Asia54,
keep up the good work
Vote Placed by Justin_Chains 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument raised important questions, questions that were important and convincing of evidence in support of his topic. Pro was not convincing in stating what the need for the God in the bible is. "You will be saved" is not a convincing argument in my opinion and fails to meet the BOP.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: 1 pt to Con for starting an interesting debate as a new member. Extremely impressive arguments from asia54 considering she is 14. Macro simply repeated questions even though he had the BoP and as wonderful as batman is, we can not compare "The killing joke" to the Bible as referenced. 3:1 Pro.