10vmehta
boredinclass

What is the role and purpose of Religion

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

10vmehta

Pro

Religion is a great way to bring a group of people with similar beliefs all together, when they would have never known each other before. Have you got any other ideas?
boredinclass

Con

I would like for my opponent to clarify the resolutiion
Are we advocating religion?
Or are we talking about the goal of religion in people's lives?
I look forward to an interesting debate
10vmehta

Pro

10vmehta forfeited this round.
boredinclass

Con

Hope he comes back
10vmehta

Pro

The goal of religion in peoples lives. I think it plays a key part so people can have something to look up to. Why do you not agree?
boredinclass

Con

Obviously I do not agree, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the con side. I negate that religion is a community structured for the intentional aid. Personally, I beleive it is an excuse. An excuse for people to not accept that it is only man and his creation, that runs the universe. Religion is also considered a profiteering for the elite. Consider the following: Religion takes in billions of dollars every year, never pay taxes, and yet it seems that They always need more?. Religion is in my opinion, just a way to control people for elitist interst. Either that, or it is a blatent disregard for common sense and human life, by justifying mass murder, terrible tragedies that should be avoided by saying god did it
10vmehta

Pro

I myself am an athiest. I do believe religion does have it negative side like war. However, I think believing in something and having it as a reminder of happiness is good. If someone believes in something, whether it is right or wrong, should not be frowned upon. In fact, faith in God may push you to do things you could not.
boredinclass

Con

1, I would like to ask the question, does it bring happinienss, or is ignorance really bliss? I would hope you would vote against this framework, my opponent says it's fine for religion as long as we are happy. I ask you to take the point of view of most people. I submit to you: why do "happy" people have an impulse to KILL others because they are infidels, or DEHUMANIZE women because allah allows it. why DENY RIGHTS to the homosexuals because a dusty old tomb told you so? Does religion make some of the people? yes. Does it kill, dehumanize, and deny rights to alot of people? yes. I ask you how many people are "ned flanders" that are the most happy people in the world? slim to none. Religion should be revoked, because it is arrogant, and arrogance leads to unhappiness. This turns the entire pro case.
10vmehta

Pro

10vmehta forfeited this round.
boredinclass

Con

He forfeits vote con
Posted by 10vmehta 6 years ago
10vmehta
personal opinion and evidence
Posted by Ryanconqueso 6 years ago
Ryanconqueso
What are the Parameters of this debate(time, character limit, etc.). Will this debate be conducted with a burden of proof or by personal opinion?
Vote Placed by Brenavia 6 years ago
Brenavia
10vmehtaboredinclassTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeit