backwardseden
MrUltimateAviator

What is the worst thing about the god according to the bible?

backwardseden

Pro

(not in order of importance)

* That this god character knowingly lies?
* That this god character is a contradictory hypocrite?
* That this god character hates children and kills them and knowingly causes their pain and suffering for no reason at all?
* That this god character knowingly has caused numerous massive genocides/ wars for no reason at all?
* That this god character hates women for no reason at all?
* That this god character hates gays for no reason at all?
* That this god character knowingly invents laws, rules and regulations that if not followed,in which many of them are impossible to follow, are punishable by death?
* That with this god's laws, rules and regulations... some of them were so stupid and ridiculous that no genuine god would have ever dreamt them up.
* That this god character invented evil and hate?
* That this god character does not allow free will of any kind unless it favors evil and hate?
* That this god character is knowingly jealous?
* That this god character has anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury issues?
* That this god character would be stupid enough to choose text as a form of communication?
* That this god character would choose faith as the number 1 thing preached in the bible?
* That this god character invented abortion?
* That this god character endorses slavery?
* That this god character is essentially not happy?
* That there are many things that this god character invented that didn’t happen such as the great flood and Noah’s ark? And that ALL SO-CALLED miracles for the past 200 years have been debunked?
* That this god character is a bigot?
* That this god character is a racist?
* That this god character is not perfect?
* That this god character could have, but never did, bring in an era of peace, kindness and love?
* That this god character is completely immoral and bankrupt and corrupt?
* That none of god’s/ the bible’s prophecies have come true? because...
* That there is no proof for this god character and it is always up to theists to prove that this god character exists. No exceptions. None.
Yes, I’m sure I missed a lot. But that’s OK as there's far too many faults within the unbelieved god according to the bible.

All of the above are proved in the bible except when common sense, thinking, rationalizing, reasoning and using logic requires the questioning of them not to be. Of course that is only true IF you can reason, think, rationalize, use common sense and use logic in which god, the bible and religion completely lacks.

RULES:
Pick 4 from the above list and this debate will go forth. It will be up to you to prove that the 4 you pick from the list are false.

If you pretend you have some insight for the subjects in which this debate is based upon and you really don’t, and you thus invent excuses and or flat out lie in order for your diapers to be wrung dry of cottage cheese mold because nothing else will as so many christians do rather than saying the words “I don’t know”, I will turn on your upside down magnifying glass as the sun burns bright and I can thus properly insult you and deservedly so.

No creationist will be accepted. Why? Because there’s not one creationist that will dare put his god on trial again. After all, the creationist is not stupid. He 100% knows that he will flat out lose every---single---time---he---tries. Why? Because all he has to go on is faith. All the creationist has is faith based oriented. And faith cannot be proved.

MrUltimateAviator

Con

I accept this challenge! This is kind of a weird prompt, as there can't be agreements and disagreements to it. So, as my opponent has asked, I will prove to him that his list of statements are false. I hope that this discussion will go on debating about the arguments themselves, rather than insulting Christians. It seems that my opponent's main goal is not to show why he thinks God is hateful and evil, but rather to give himself the opportunity to insult and harass Christians. Insults will be ignored because they have no place in debates.

Now every single point in this list is false, so it is hard to pick four to debate. Yet, since my opponent wants me to pick four, that's what I'll do.

Argument #1:
"That this god character hates children and kills them and knowingly causes their pain and suffering for no reason at all?"

Absolutely nowhere in the Bible does it state that God has purposely imposed pain and suffering upon children. Nowhere does it state or imply that God hates children. It has been stated in the Bible numerous times that God loves everyone equally; he loves children, women, gays, murderers, everyone. He may not love the things they do, but he deeply loves everyone regardless. Therefore, I would like my opponent to show me where the Bible states/implies that God hates children and that he knowingly causes them pain and suffering, because he clearly does not do this.

Argument #2:
"That this god character knowingly invents laws, rules and regulations that if not followed,in which many of them are impossible to follow, are punishable by death?"

The rules and laws that God has created are very possible to follow. God does not make commandments that are impossible to follow. While he may make commandments that seem HARD to follow, he has stated himself that he will lovingly help you to follow them. They may be hard to some people, but this does not mean that they are "impossible". I will use the Ten Commandments as an example here. As quoted from Exodus 20: 1-17:

1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

12 " Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

13 Thou shalt not kill.

14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.

15 Thou shalt not steal.

16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour"s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour"s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his [donkey], nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Now, I would like my opponent to tell me which of these commandments is humanly impossible to follow. Is my opponent stating that it is impossible to: not kill someone? not steal? not commit adultery?

Argument #3:
"That with this god's laws, rules and regulations... some of them were so stupid and ridiculous that no genuine god would have ever dreamt them up."

I do wonder why my opponent considers God's laws "stupid and ridiculous". The laws that he set forth in The Ten Commandments have similarities to laws that we have in our society. My opponent, by calling these rules "stupid" is in effect saying that it is stupid to NOT kill, to NOT steal, to NOT commit adultery. I shall straightforwardly let my opponent know that these rules and regulations are not stupid. They are simply telling humanity how to be good people, and how to be happy. Encouraging happiness is apparently stupid and ridiculous to my opponent.

And finally, argument #4:
"That this god character endorses slavery?"

This is the exact opposite of what the Bible tells us. We see in Exodus that Moses and the Israelites were held in slavery for a very long time. It was through God that they were able to escape captivity and live lives of their own. How, may I ask, can my opponent see this as approving of slavery?

Now remember, I can easily show that each of the listed arguments my opponent created are false, yet since he insisted on only four, those are the ones I chose.

I'm glad to be able to accept this debate, and I look forward to what my opponent has to say.
backwardseden

Pro

Typical 17 year old schmuck doesn’t know his gritty kitty litter from his hole in his head. If you read the rules, then you know 100% why “Insults have their place in debates.” But then again you cannot possibly know that because you are not at the college level yet. Nor have you EVER seen a live debate.
“main goal is not to show why he thinks…” Um no, its not thinks at all. Its knows “God is hateful and evil,” That is well known. Have you ever read your bible? Apparently not. You guess just like 80% of those who claim themselves to be christians who only perhaps pick up their bible’s maybe once every other week and read perhaps only read a few verses.” but rather to give himself the opportunity to insult and harass Christians.” Now did I ask you to visit MY DEBATES? No youngun. I most CERTAINLY did not oh great king arrogance.

“Now every single point in this list is false,” Well then that right there proves that you have not read your bible at all. Wow. But I’m glad you picked the first one which it theeeee reason why I hate YOUR got as in printed text. Let’s get right to it…

God knowingly hates children… How stupid are you to NOT know this and instead clearly guess and thus invent excuses? I REALLY HATE IT when people like you do that to cover for something in which you CLEARLY know absolutely nothing about. I’ll just pick a few verses. DO NOT RESPOND. It will only make you look all the more foolish.
2 Samuel 12:11-14 "11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. From evilbible.com [The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible. God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist. What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!

Deuteronomy 2:34 “And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:”

Numbers 31:17-18 “17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”
---- a different translation ----
Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Leviticus 26:21-22 “And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” Rob you of your children?

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”

Exodus 12:29-30 "And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died."

Exodus 21:14 -17 "But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die. 15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. 16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death. 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Isaiah 13:15-18 "Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. 16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. 17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. 18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

Matthew 2:16 “Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.”

* Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”
* Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”
* Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”
* Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."
* Matthew 10:21 “And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”
Wow must be important to the printed god to not curse at your parents to repeat it in YOUR bible so often. Now does that violation really warrant YOUR death? Well since you believe in this god of your apparently it must.

Ab-so-lu-te-ly "That this god character hates children and kills them and knowingly causes their pain and suffering for no reason at all?" So bite the bullet son. And there’s plenty more where that came from. Oh and btw, to add insult to injury to your utter lack of intelligence and edumacation, I only read the first sentence of your ridiculous rant about “Absolutely nowhere in the Bible does it state that God has purposely imposed pain and suffering upon children.” for blatant and obvious reasons.

Argument #2: Oh this one is going to be fun!

“The rules and laws that God has created are very possible to follow.” Really? According to what imbecile? You? How would you know? What grade of indigestion zit cream have you awoken from to put it on your you know where areas in order to make a smiley face painting have you graduated from to make such a stimulating statement? WRONG.
Leviticus 20:13 “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Do you think you should be put to death because you are gay? Y____ N____ Why? Why not? OK if you say yes, the you go right ahead and you put to death every single gay person on this planet. Also why you are at it, you go ahead a break this country’s law that was put into motion supporting gays last year. Also you go right ahead as gays are now supported all over the world by a large majority.
Now I 100% bet you that within 20 years or less that your bible will be changed as its always been changed even since its man made inception to support man’s wants, needs and desires, that there will be a few verses incorporated within it to support gays. Obviously this is quite an absurd law laid down by the tyrannical nothingness infidel god.

Exodus 31:15 “Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.” Do you think you should be put to death for working on the sabbath? Y____? N____? Why? Why Not? Well obviously this law is painfully ridiculous that could have only come from half muted diseased simpleton diseased simpleton god for no reason except to show his bloated ego. First off, since when would a god/ supreme deity require rest of any kind? Secondly, there are those who absolutely have 0 choice who must work on the sabbath. Third, christ worked on the sabbath and thus broke god’s law, one of many in which he did-not-have-permission-to-do. So christ should have been put to death for working on the sabbath. So christianity is false, the NT is false, christ is false. And who doesn’t work on the sabbath? Should all of you be put to death?

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.” What happens is the parents abuse the child? OH I GET IT - NOTHING. And if the parents severely abuse the child, then its the parents who deserve death, if anything. Do you think you should be put to death because you curse at your parents? Y____? N____? Why? Why Not? And NO child if abused is going to follow that s--t.

You wanna get into the 10 commandments? They are not impossible to follow, even though practically nobody does. Thankfully this country is not based on idiotic christian values as an example of 10 commandments really are stupid and ignorant for starters. And hey, god in being the contradictory hypocrite that he knowingly is, he doesn’t even follow them. I’m gonna let you stew on that one. What a truly great role model this god guy is huh?

Oh and btw, there's no proof that your god even exists. Wow.

I'm out of space.
MrUltimateAviator

Con

Yep, just as I suspected: doesn't know how to debate, and isn't countering anything I said, just out there to harass people who disagree with him. I completely read his rules, which he seems to think I didn't. Regarding insults, my opponent's "rules" were: "If you pretend you have some insight for the subjects in which this debate is based upon and you really don"t [...] I will turn on your upside down magnifying glass as the sun burns bright and I can thus properly insult you and deservedly so." I'm not going to spend too much time addressing this, as it deviates from the topic at hand. It is not my opponent's place to determine who does and does not possess an education on this topic. The fact is, I don't have to have a degree in religious studies, nor any education specifically on this topic to be able to debate with him. All he is doing with this is trying to provide justification for insults to the people he disagrees with. Also, insults DO NOT have a place in debating, which he doesn't seem to get. I have read the Bible many times. My opponent has obviously not read the Bible because he takes into no consideration the context that they came from, but I"ll get to that later.

One thing that my opponent has not done is address the prompt. The prompt for this debate was "What"s the worst thing about God according to the Bible?". There is no way this can be debated. It"s just a simple opinionated question that can"t be backed up with evidence. Therefore, this proves that my opponent is avoiding the real topic at hand. Instead, he is trying to show that God is an evil and hateful person. Even though this is not what the debate is supposed to be about, I will assume that we are debating about the "evil" in God.

I will now address my opponent"s arguments, beginning with hatred of children. He begins by citing 2 Samuel 12: 11-14. Clearly, he has not read the Bible. Those who have read the Bible and studied it know that you cannot take verses out of oblivion and take them at their face value. These verses that he has cited are completely left out of their intended context. This story is about king David, who had previously committed adultery before this chapter. A messenger was send to him from God. He used a parable to teach him the significance of his sin. And like all mistakes we make in life, there are consequences that follow. Unfortunately, in David"s case, would mean the loss of a close family member. God struck his child with an illness and it died. Now, unlike my opponent, I will explain how hate is related to this: it isn"t. Just because God killed this child does not mean that he hates children. It is stated in the Bible many times that God loves everyone, even the child that he killed. This was king David"s fault, not God"s.

All of the other citations he provides follow the same pattern: completely taken out of context, so I will not respond to them until my opponent looks at their true meaning rather than taking them at their face value, which is not the proper way to read the Bible.

Back to "That this god character hates children and kills them and knowingly causes their pain and suffering for no reason at all?". Again, my opponent is wrong here. He isn"t even providing arguments for why these deaths indicate hatred. I will use an analogy of parenting. Say your friend gets a severe punishment. Well, according to my opponent, his parents are therefore evil and hate their child because they punished him. However, if we look deeper into context (which my opponent refuses to do, somehow thinking that he is the only one who knows how to read the Bible), we will find that the reason your friend was punished was because he did something very bad. His parents gave him a consequence to help him learn from what he did wrong. This does not mean that they hate him. It shows that they love their child by helping him become a more mature person. In the exact same way, God punishing people, even in death, does not automatically indicate hatred, and my opponent has not indicated how he thinks it does. Rather, he simply states that it is hatred because death happened. God loves children more than anyone can imagine. I asked my opponent to show me a verse in the Bible that stated/implied that God hates people. He did not do this, instead providing insufficient citations which I explained above, and why they are so.

Next, my opponent continues his previous arguments that God"s laws are impossible to follow. I will answer his questions:"Really? According to what imbecile? You? How would you know?". Yes really. You obviously did not read what I said. LISTEN THIS TIME. No, not according to me, according to LOGIC. How would I know? Because I have actually studied the Bible and God"s laws, and there are none that are given that are impossible to follow. You provided an example related to gay relationships. According to God"s instructions, if they obey him and not have physical relationships with the same sex, they will not be punished. It"s that simple. So, you are basically saying that it is impossible for them to make that choice. That it very much faulty logic. Also, the Bible has not been altered, it has stayed the same and will stay the same, regardless of how much the world may get offended by it"s SIMPLE commandments given by God. Regarding working on the sabbath, again, this is not an impossible commandment. You just see it that way because you disagree with it. Please tell me WHY you think it is impossible to follow. Also, Christ did not work on the sabbath day, I don"t know where you got that from. Since you claim that you have studied the Bible, then you should have found this in Exodus 20: 11, which reads: "Forinsixdays theLordmade heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in themis,and rested the seventh day: wherefore theLordblessedthe sabbath day, andhallowedit." Solid proof that you have not read the Bible. The Lord also instructed that children honor their parents, which is impossible to you, right? And parents who abuse their children do not go unpunished. They will suffer in H*ll due to their sins.

How are the Ten Commandments not possible to follow? See, you are never directly answering my questions. You are just making weak arguments with no premises. The Ten Commandments are stupid to you? So, therefore, laws against murder, adultery, stealing, and acts against your parents are stupid to you? I"ll let YOU stew on that one, because clearly you don"t know what you are talking about.

And there is solid proof God exists, but that"s not what we are debating about. However, I would love to debate it with you at a later time.

One last thing, do you have skype or some other way we can communicate face-to-face? I"d really love to continue these discussions to show you why all of those points you made in the first round were wrong.

With all of that being said, I look forward to my opponent"s responses.
backwardseden

Pro

Yep just as I suspected, my opponent cannot bring in any actual evidence to support claims he might have, therefore he does not know how to debate his concrete parachuting pile driving manure spread class of overdosed drunks on helium.

“The fact is, I don't have to have a degree in religious studies, nor any education “ Well duh. You sure could have fooled my little boombox spread eagle brain that obviously knows better. And you blunder why I insult you especially when you do not know your subject matter and yet you try to pretend you do by inventing excuses from something in which you clearly know nothing about?
You claim to have read the bible many times. So what? Did you get anything out of it? Or better yet… what would prompt you to read the bible many times… one of the most, if not thee violent and hateful book ever written?
“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror.” - Richard Dawkins And he's 100% correct

Have you interpreted the bible correctly? Obviously not because how can you possibly interpret correctly from a book that has a god in it that would ---never--- use text as a form of communication, the worst form of communication possible?

“specifically on this topic to be able to debate with him. All he is doing with this is trying to provide justification for insults to the people he disagrees with.” OK since you believe that, then this debate is over. Done. Bye. You apparently do not want a good intelligent debate.

MrUltimateAviator

Con

My opponent clearly did not read my arguments, because I brought in numerous citations as evidence, and I actually analyzed them in their complete context instead of taking them out of nowhere. He is essentially scoffing at me for the clear and logical arguments I made, without providing any rebuttals or responses. He then continues rambling on about how I'm not educated in this topic and therefore cannot argue it, the argument from authority logical fallacy.

I shall now respond to what my opponent has stated regarding interpreting the Bible correctly. First of all, forms of communication are not the topic right now, so my opponent has essentially thrown in a distraction. Secondly, he seems to think that he is the only person who can interpret the Bible correctly, and anyone else who either disagrees with him or says something different is wrong and therefore is worthy of dehumanization. The truth of the matter is, he is the one that is interpreting it incorrectly because I am looking at the entire stories in which his cited verses were used, while he, like I have said many times now, is just taking them at face value, refusing to look at the bigger picture.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. My opponent is clearly not providing logical arguments, nor providing any rebuttals to what I have said. He is continuing to criticize me just because I disagree with him. I could continue to provide more evidence that God deeply loves everyone, and that he is not evil, but my opponent will just continue to scoff at me. If he decides to continue with the debate, I will provide a reference from the Bible that shows the true love God has for the entire world:

John 3: 16-17: "16 " For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

Not only does this show that God loves the entire world, but it shows that he loved everyone so much that he was willing to sacrifice his son to save us. And this was not out of any ill intent towards his son. Jesus Christ, himself, volunteered to be the world's savior, and it deeply saddened God to see him crucified. It is through love like this that gives us all the opportunity to feel God's deep love for all of his children.

I will now use another verse from the Bible that shows that God loves children very much:

Matthew 19: 14: "14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Jesus Christ, HIMSELF, stated that children are likened unto the kingdom of heaven. He invites these children to come to him so he can bless them. He doesn't kill them, or condemn them, or curse them. He blesses them, with all of his love.

I hope my opponent will take these verses into deep thought during the next round, because they are clear evidence of the love that God has for everyone, especially children. I look forward to his responses.
backwardseden

Pro

“My opponent clearly did not read my arguments,” What arguments? You didn’t have any. You wanted to be a smarta$$ and thus end the debate which was perfectly fine with me. I have no problem with it. Strange, but you do? After all, its why you posted again. We could have had a good debate. But nah, you had to pretend to wrongly psychoanalyze me and thus bluff your way through this pot without smoking. Well it didn’t work because you clearly know nothing about psychology my boy. Now if you want to thus have this debate flourish, then you are required to begin this debate again. Let's make it 5 rounds this time, 10,000 characters, I have the last say and we'll see but only with a very strong apology on your part to me for obvious reasons.
MrUltimateAviator

Con

Since this is the last argument of the last round of the debate, I will now bring this debate to a close with some concluding thoughts.

My opponent claims that I didn't make any arguments, yet I said many times in the previous rounds that God loves everyone, even children, beyond comprehension, and I showed this from various verses of the Bible. He also states that we "did not have a good debate", putting the blame on me for attempting to use psychology on him. Psychology has nothing to do with this debate, nor how I formed my arguments. It can be clearly seen that it was my opponent himself that prevented this debate from being a true educational one. He was the one who made this a bad debate.

With all of that being said, here are my concluding thoughts. My opponent has claimed that God is a very hateful and evil being who indulges in opportunities to kill and torment children and adults. He provided several citations from the Bible to try and back up his claims. However, he refused to look at these verses in their full context, thus pulling them out of nowhere and taking them at their face value. He claims that this is the only way to interpret the Bible, and implies that anyone else who does different is wrong and therefore is worthy of harassment. Not only is this not the way to interpret the Bible, it is extremely faulty in logic. By not looking at the verses in full context, my opponent is defining these citations by ways of his own convenience, attempting to prove the exact opposite of what is established in the Bible over and over again: that God is not evil or full of hate. Rather, he loves us all more than we can imagine.

I will now turn my attention to the readers and voters of this debate, to whom I will list reasons why I feel my opponent has not won the debate, and why I feel I have won the debate.

Why my opponent has not won the debate

• He continuously displayed rather sickening conduct by harassing, degrading, and dehumanizing me, in addition to thinking he had the right to do so
    • He created a prompt for this debate that could not really be debated, and thus we argued over whether or not God is an evil person
    • He used verses from the Bible that were completely separated from their intended context, not taking into any account whatsoever their stories
    • He did not provide any arguments or connections to why he felt that the verses he cited displayed hatred and evil, other than arguing that these things existed because the single verse displayed a senario that could be interpreted at evil
    • He did nothing more than scoff at me when I analyzed his arguments and refuted themHe continued to throw out arguments with no logical premises (i.e. God's laws are impossible to follow; the Ten Commandments are a recipe for chaos and disaster)
    • His overall purpose was not to take part in an educated debate, but rather to find opportunities to harass Christians for their beliefs, along with all others who disagree with him

Why I feel I have won the debate

• I did not harass him or degrade him for his beliefs (I used no ad hominems)

• I identified fault in his prompt

• I analyzed verses from the Bible in their full context, thus showing that the claims my opponent made about them were not true

• I showed how my opponent wrongly used citations from the Bible and how those citations did not show hatred or evil

• I provided clear arguments explaining why evil and hate were not present

• I continued to be focused on the topic (there wasn't really one in the first place, but you know what I mean), pointing out my opponent's attempts to distract me

• My purpose was not to harass him, but to prove that God is not evil

In conclusion, God, the Father of the creator of this universe, has done so much for humanity through his deep love. Whether you believe in him or not, clear citations from the Bible do not show evil or hate. My opponent, who is an athiest, has essentially been assuming that a God exists in this debate, which defeats the purpose of being an athiest. He is using a source that he doesn't even believe in, thus contradicting his beliefs. I would like to leave him with this final thought: if you do not believe in a supreme diety, why are you spending so much time trying to prove characteristics of one? This may show that you are not really an athiest, rather, you believe that there is a God, you just believe he is evil. This debate has proven that God is not evil.

I would like to thank my opponent for giving me the opportunity to show the true love of God, and I look forward to possibly debating with him agian in the future.

God bless!
Posted by backwardseden 11 months ago
backwardseden
@Glen.Malik - Oh I fully understand and get that you are an atheist. Here's the thing... I've been ding this for 42+ years and have talked with roughly 25,000 on this very subject. I've also been to college and was told flatly by one of the most brilliant minds I've ever come across to not deal with those who flatly do not know what they are talking about and yet they try to pretend they do for subjects that they claim to have knowledge upon so they invent excuses and or flat out lie in order for themselves to be brighter, to up the stakes, or for whatever reason. These people are so ridiculously easy to read. And I truly hate people like these. I've come across many here on debate.org. I either have the opportunity to insult them, to belittle and dehumanize them and or walk away. These people chances are very good are in their teens and probably have not reached the college level where this is taught. This teacher also taught that if you do not know your subject matter and cannot present any evidence to support what you say and or state, then you have no business being in that conversation. Why? People will see right through you and walk away from you and or insult you and rightly and justly so. If you do that crap to your friends and loved ones POOF you will soon have no friends and loved ones. If you do that crap to your teachers = instant F every single time. So no. I'm not going to deal with it at all. You shouldn't either. Please tc and have fun.
Posted by Glen.Malik 11 months ago
Glen.Malik
backwardseden

Thought I'd just step in for a little and suggest that to make your argument more tolerable to the opposing side, you don't string together insults at them when they haven't instigated a reason for any provocation yet. May I suggest a more direct and polite approach? It will gain you more supporters than insults could possibly provide. (And yes, I am an atheist)
Posted by backwardseden 11 months ago
backwardseden
@Tradesecret2 - Uh huh, exactly what I thought. No response.
Posted by backwardseden 11 months ago
backwardseden
And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death, Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes, and slew all the children, are all listed in those verses. Ah your god is just so kind to children. RIGHT? No wrong. YOUR god hates children. But ONLY christians as a group from across the globe as a whole do not see it that way. Just because you are far too blind to see what is staring point blank at your blind eyes, that"s not my problem, that"s yours. Period.
"Presently every list presented is because the children are part of a larger group that hates God." Well when god clearly abuses children as the lowest form of life, yeah. Remember, it is YOUR god that knowingly creates millions of children every---single---year to be placed in that custody of parents that will abuse them. Why? Because YOUR god gets off on it. Oh but wait, you cannot even prove that your god exists. Totally ridiculous.
"Even a kindergarten child would know the difference." No---they---absolutely----would---not. A child does not know what suffering is and what it isn"t. If a child is suffering because he/ she is being raped, beaten or tortured by daddy sticking his you know what inside of him or her for 15 years while punching him/ her sometimes twice per week, he/ she is going to think its natural. But then again you know squat about child abuse.
"If children are part of a larger group that hates God," How would children age 4 being raped by daddy even know who this maggotty god who placed them in this situation is? I really love it how christians like you constantly invent excuses in order for your blubbering god and you to somehow maintain the upper hand. NEWSFLASH: Its doesn"t work with ANYONE who has even the remotest of intelligence and an education in which you clearly don"t. San and pathetic.
And absolutely you deserve to be insulted. That"s something you learn in college. The end.
Posted by backwardseden 11 months ago
backwardseden
Strange isn"t it that in comparison that the Inca, many of the native American Indian tribes until your white man greasy sweaty racist pig christian wiped them out, the aborigines, Hindu"s, Gaia Mother Earth, Buddhists etc etc etc they do not practice nor preach nor go to war over their religions, not anywhere close to the evils nor hate that the christians do. Now why is that? And yet according to your god worshiping other gods is considered to be the most evil thing there is, and you should be stoned to death for it. So you follow your lord"s orders and you come on down here and stone me to death. Whatsamatter? You are not going to follow your god"s orders? Why? Why not?
"and that his laws are possible to follow." Yeah but looming to be threatened with death with it isn"t quite being possible to follow now is it? And what idiot would want to? He also got into the 10 commandments, in which I ran out of space on, as 9 of the 10 are also threatened with death if not followed, also here in the states 9 of the 10 are not put into practice. So you figure it out.
"The instigator has somehow mangled categories"" All I did was come up with simpleton categories. Nothing more. And I don"t "need" to do anything else. "to suggest that children are one all by themselves with every example used." Well the verses proved that they are used by YOUR god as guinea pigs as the lowest forms of life. "To prove that God hates children, the instigator needs to demonstrate that God hates children - for no other reason than the fact they are children." Which was done. I guess you must think that "What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil? And then he kills a child! This is sick, really sick!", utterly destroying little ones, raping children, rob you of your children, infants shall be dashed to pieces and women with child shall be ripped up, at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt,
Posted by backwardseden 11 months ago
backwardseden
@Tradesecret2 - See? You are a christian. So therefore you are extremely biased and not open mined by any means especially when all the information is splat right there in front of you, just as the typical christian would do without thinking, rationalizing, reasoning, using common sense nor using any logic whatsoever because there is none within god, religion and the bible. "The contender clearly showed God does not hate children" See, it is ONLY christians that think that way.when point blank verses of absolute pure hatred towards children like a staring down the barrel of a shotgun are ready to fire at your brain and spatter them against the wall for everybody to see.
Here"s another thing that you don"t get is that this god of YOURS could have easily brought is an era of peace, harmony, love, kindness, care for each other" but no this god did not do this and instead brought in all of this hate and evil and genocide and war nonsense and the killing of countless children and babies WHICH THE VERSES CLEARLY SHOW and here he has freely admitted to in which you must think are great qualities that any god should have such as anger, wrath, vengeance, rage, fury, jealousy. Jealousy? What from a supreme deity? Jealousy is nothing more than anger as disguised fear. Even worse is this supposed god of yours passed down those emotions so man could in turn learn to hate with all the baggage that comes along with it that these emotions clearly are that this god drags around with him. Hey god, dump those emotions and how"s about thinking about peace, kindness, love, caring for each other, harmony etc? Nah. So don"t talk to me or anyone that YOUR god is "good" when he is most certainly not anything like it. Not only that since this god of YOURS has these emotions it clearly means that he is imperfect. Who in their right stale mind would -ever- want to bow down to an inferior supreme deity bile god such as the one you picked from your closet because what else could it be?
Posted by Tradesecret2 11 months ago
Tradesecret2
Well so far I think the contender is making sense. The instigator despite the fact this is his/her topic does not actually know what he/she is arguing. Pick four topics and make prove your case. The contender clearly showed God does not hate children and that his laws are possible to follow. The instigator has somehow mangled categories to suggest that children are one all by themselves with every example used. To prove that God hates children, the instigator needs to demonstrate that God hates children - for no other reason than the fact they are children. Presently every list presented is because the children are part of a larger group that hates God. Even a kindergarten child would know the difference. If children are part of a larger group that hates God, then it is not the children per se - and there is a reason. In relation to the second argument - not liking a law is not the same as being impossible. The instigator likes insults - the only reason for this is because she - he cannot actually argue apart from insults. Sad - and pathetic.