Merlito
Marvin1

What made us what we are now is because of nature and not because of genes

Merlito

Merlito

Pro

What made us what we are now is all because of our nature. None of us was born criminals, What we know now? We learned it from our surroundings and from the people surrounds us.
Marvin1

Con

I believed that what made us what we are now is because of our genes. what made us what we really are is we just get it from our mother,father,grandmother,grandfather and more and it never change.
Merlito

Pro

What you've said is right and at the same time it's also wrong. It's not all about the genes that really made us what we are now. Is there anyone who was born with a Criminal mind thinking? I don't think so, All of us was born neutral. It's the nature who influences us because of the fact that we need to live. People become criminal, They steal money,food or other resources that can be sold to gain their needs and to be able to survive. "Survival of the fittest".
Marvin1

Con

You're concentrating with the mental appearance of a person. Let me remind you, What made us what we are now is not all about mental appearance but also Physical appearance. Now i want to give you an example which proves that what made us what we are now is all because of genes. Me, I'm an American my Skin is white, I'm tall and my eyes is green. You think it's because of nature? no it's not! It's because of our genes.
Merlito

Pro

Your statement is good but sad to say you're wrong again. "PHYSICAL APPEARANCE"? Yes! Nature can change our physical appearance! Let me give you an example. An American, He has a white skin and he transfers to Philippines to go for a vacation. He keeps on swimming, Sun bathing and keeps on going somewhere that is hot. After few months his skin changes. Even if it's just an example, We can't deny the fact that It's happening in reality. Nature made us what we are right now, Physical and mental.
Marvin1

Con

Exactly :) Now it's all clear to me. What made us what we are now is all because of our nature. Thank you sir for having such a wonderful debate. It's my first time to join, I'm sorry if i wasn't able to make it harder for you. What we need to do is to take good care of our nature because he made us what we are now. I salute you sir @Merlito
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
selection is intented, intent is specified, opposite of random

learn to gather information.. try not to
Posted by Merlito 2 years ago
Merlito
Kindly just vote :)
Posted by jeffbradt 2 years ago
jeffbradt
I disagree with vi_spex. I believe that selection is natural.
The debate here is one of nature vs. nurture, as we say: genetics versus environment such as upbringing.
Both genetics and upbringing play a part in how one turns out. We are born with genetic predispositions to things such as IQ, illness and resistance to disease. That does not mean that we will, for example, have a high IQ if we have that predisposition. One would need to be taught how to learn and gather information. That is why we have education and good parenting in which children and adolescents learn proper techniques for these things. Will I get a given type of cancer because I have a genetic predisposition to it? That depends: Do I smoke? Do I eat unhealthily? Or do I watch my health and weight, exercise regularly, drink lots of pure water and get plenty of fiber and the right nutrients while refraining from smoking, drugs and heavy drinking? If it's the latter, then my chances of getting any kind of cancer are greatly reduced.
The same goes for any physical or mental illness, as it does for skin color, which was used as an example in the debate.
This was a great little debate. Thanks guys. I appreciate a healthy discussion and to watch people debate constructively, dealing fairly with one another while thinking critically and clearly. Beautiful!
Jeff
Buffalo, NY USA
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
random cause+effect=chaos(all natural change, all non intended change)
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
i agree with this. selection isnt natural

invironmental pressure, imagine 2 bears, polar bears, one with shorter fur than the other, the one with thick fur has greator chance of surviving if the one with the short fur hasn't got thick enough fur to survive, so the one with thick fur survives and new ones with thick fur can live on if it get babies, random. like, the bear with thick fur has greater chances of surviving because of the logic that is the bears fur is better fit to survive the cold, and its all random,
the bear that has the thick fur, is naturally the one that survives, because of logic, and its random because why didn't the other bear have the same fur, but now it dosnt matter because the one with short fur isn't around, perfekt balance
same with a bear with to thick for, if its to thick it wont survive and wont breed, random, no choise involved
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
MerlitoMarvin1Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.