nrpaul1015
LifeMeansGodIsGood

What representation of how life began is true: Religion or Evolution

LifeMeansGodIsGood

nrpaul1015

Con

The question of how we came to be has haunted the human race ever since the dawn of our age. There are many answers to this important question. My view is one in a trillion but I believe it counts, as does every other. My stance is that if there is more evidence supporting and idea, then it is only logical to give this idea more thought. I spent time researching the two major stances going along with this question. I have decided to support the idea that our intelligent species did not just form out of thin air but that we are the result of millions upon millions of evolution and natural selection.
I will hear any argument as long as it is not rude of demeaning in any way. A debate on this topic should be professional.
Please use viable sources and any visual aid you deem necessary.
I await this debate with deep anticipation.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Neither religion or evolution are representative of how lofe began. Religion is man tyring to reach God or heaven or trying to earn salvaiton or eternal life. Evolution is a religious beleif ssytem in which the believer hopes to be one who survives with the fittest and maybe to evolve into a god-like creature (forgetting the fact that the evolutionist is already made in God's image). God is the Creator of all. He is real. He is not religion. You cannot find Him by religion, and you sure can't find Him be evolution.

You can't escape God by believing in evolution. You can't reach God through religion. Life comes from God.

Life means God is good.
nrpaul1015

Con

nrpaul1015 forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

argument extended.
nrpaul1015

Con

nrpaul1015 forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Hoping my opponent is ok, my previous argument is extended.
nrpaul1015

Con

nrpaul1015 forfeited this round.
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
So in summary:
This debate topic was, from a logical standpoint, a poorly worded. It doesn't say who defends what side, and it assumes science and religion contradict each other. It also doesn't say which religion.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
What do you mean by "religious representation" ?
Which religion?
Doesn't evolution assume preexisting life forms?
If so, it wouldn't refer to the beginning of life.
It's Impossible to get from non-living matter/ energy to life.
Doesn't evolution involve accidental / chance mutations- neither of which exists?
Life had no beginning & it'll have no ending.
As I understand it, the universe is entropic, while life is anti- entropic.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
Nobody knows how life began, however the religious know with certainty that god did it.
Doubt causes questions, question cause more doubt. Religious certainty (aka faith) ends question with the answer "god did it". Faith is not a reliable path to the truth. The greatest words ever spoken by a wise man are "I don't know". So to answer your question, I don't know.
Posted by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
I echo the comment of superbowl9. The topic doesn't say what pro and con are representing. Evolution doesn't deal with how life began.
Furthermore, religion and evolution are not mutually exclusive. I have Christian friends who believe in evolution and who subscribe to biologos.
http://biologos.org...
Posted by FMAlchemist 2 years ago
FMAlchemist
"Evolution is a religious beleif ssytem in which the believer hopes to be one who survives with the fittest and maybe to evolve into a god-like creature"

What the hell am i reading?!
Posted by nrpaul1015 2 years ago
nrpaul1015
My intention was to ask where our life as humans began. We were obviously not the first species to evolve. evolution describes who we as the human race came into existence. I am aware that evolution was nothing to do with how life truly began but it does tell us where we began I am for evolution and so con is for the evolution stance. Simply reading my argument and looking at my stance could answer that question for you.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Never ask for sources for a topic that has no real answer - it's all conjecture. You're just making it easier for the idiots, mate. Don't say I did not warn you. I know the secrets of politics and what it's really doing, and what you're doing is demonstrating the futility you have birthed.
Posted by YaHey 2 years ago
YaHey
Evolution isn't about how life began, evolution is what happens AFTER life begins. Abiogenesis is how life began on Earth, and we have yet to answer that question.
Posted by superbowl9 2 years ago
superbowl9
1. You have not listed which sides Pro and Con represent
2. Evolution has nothing to do with the origin of life or abiogenesis
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
nrpaul1015LifeMeansGodIsGoodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Apparently Con gave up on this debate. Arguments and conduct to Pro.