What to study in college & why? [Career Challenge]

Hello onlookers, I am Regaladia. I made this challenge in order to give ideas about career paths. I will pick 6-9 study fields, & propose why they should be highly studied. Challenger will then pick 6-9 different study fields, & do the same. Since this round is just for hellos, I would like to ask my challenger to follow 3 simple rules:

1# CHALLENGER MUST PARTICIPATE IN EVERY ROUND! (I highly disapprove of individuals that forfeit.)

2# Challenger should be my devil's advocate. (Explain why my picks are pathetic choices.)

3# Challenger "CANNOT PLAGIARIZE," & must cite sources. (That's if you gathered info. from somewhere outside your mind.)

If these are followed, then this will be fun. Good luck to my future challenger. I hope you enjoy the debate my future onlookers. Let the challenge begin!

Greetings to my opponent, I shall be taking this debate and will be following the guidelines my opponent has set forth.

However, I want to be clear on several key issues:

Con has stated that she will be giving ideas on "career paths" and listing "study fields". However, she has titled the resolution "What to study in college & why?".

I submit that career paths and study fields need not take place in what is defined as a "college". Sometimes, they take place in other locations such as training facilities, self-study, military academies, culinary schools, etc. A lot of careers also emphasize acts instead of studying, such as volunteer services and overseas missions.

I want to ask Con to redefine the resolution simply to "What preparation should people make during the years after high school for their future career?"

I also ask Con to agree that we may argue freely, that the basis for my role as "devil's advocate" be based on free values and morals held by myself or others and not dictated by that of any set rubric, that aside from what was stated in her round 1, no other restrictions are expected or enforced, and that the persuasiveness of our arguments be judged by the voters and not by any future rules or regulations Con may want to impose later on.

If Con agrees to all of these, then we can proceed, otherwise, we can take another round to negotiate both in the comments and if need be, in the debate.

Salutations to all, I will be scratching the surface of this topic. My later arguments will progress further in detail. I would like to thank my opponent for his participation. Hopefully, as viewers, I will persuade you in my favor.

I would first like to mention that I will branch off of the idea of those who desire to attend college. If my opponent would like to go an untraditional route, that is perfectly fine. Every individual that hits adulthood would have to decide what they will become throughout life. It is in my opinion, that preparation for college is the best route. As I stated in round one, I will list at least six study fields and at least one career path branched off each one. There is no current ranking order for this list. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR VIEWERS TO CHECK CITED SOURCES FOR FURTHER CAREER RESEARCH!

Study Field 1#: Architecture & Engineering ~ Ex. Aerospace Engineers
A love for mathematics is necessary. A bachelor"s in Aerospace Engineering is required, along with the love for aviation. Average Salary: $104,000
Study Field2#: Management ~ Ex. Financial Managers
It is a must to have a bachelor"s degree in one of these categories: Finance, accounting, economics, or business administration. If you love managing money, this is your ideal career. Average Salary: $110,000
Study Field 3#: Education, Training, & Library ~ Ex. Special Education Teacher
A bachelor"s degree in Education and a teacher"s license is a must. Those who love to help other learn will find this field satisfying. Average Salary: $55,000
Study Field 4#: Healthcare ~ Ex. Massage Therapist
Receiving a certificate in Massage Therapy is required. Those who like to help reduce stress in people"s lives will love this field. Average Salary: $36,000
Study Field 5#: Life, Physical, & Social Science ~ Ex. Medical Scientists
A person needs a high level of education that requires a PH.D. or a M.D. This field is for the strong-willed helpers to society. Average Salary: $77,000
Study Field 6#: Protective Service ~ Ex. Police & Detectives
Some college education is highly recommended, and one must attend an agency"s training academy. To get at least an associate in criminal justice will strengthen your job prospects in this field. Average Salary: $56,000
Study Field 7#: Media & Communication ~ Ex. Writers & Authors
Although a degree isn't required for a writer, a bachelor"s degree will sharpen your literary skills. Majoring in English, journalism, or communications are considered the typical majors in this section. Average Salary: $56,000

These 7 fields, along with examples, are my consideration as excellent studies in college. I will elaborate more in the next round. Again, I will like to say that you should check out these sites for more information. I ALSO RECOMMEND YOU TAKE CARL JUNG"S PERSONALITY TEST FOR A FAIRLY ACCURATE READING: CHECK CITED SOURCES!

Cited Sources: ~ Government site about all occupations ~ 9/10 accuracy for this personality test, trust me.

I thank my opponent for his post, these are indeed popular choices, but as I shall demonstrate, they are also extremely poor choices.

My burden is simply to show that my opponent's choices are poor while putting forth my own recommendations.

The theme of my responses will be "Practicality". While any job can be described and packaged nicely and seem interesting to a high school student looking at colleges, individuals who have already gone through that process and who have faced the dreary reality of the working world can attest differently.

The median salary listed by my opponent are likely representative of people who have been in the job for many years, who have networked, fought for promotions, and who are highly experienced.

Furthermore, the idealistic descriptions my opponent gives do not reflect the grim reality of the working world: You do what your job requires and what your supervisor requires. Not what you feel like doing.

As if that weren't bad enough, most jobs are extremely competitive and will only accept the top percentage of applicants, of which there are many. This would require attending the best programs, getting additional licenses and degrees, and undergoing additional work training from a related but less desirable job.

Coupled with the absurd cost of higher education, you will likely be in intense debt before even starting your profession.

Another problem is that many professions pay in an unpredictable fashion. What you earn is based a lot on luck and circumstance.

That being said, let us examine these careers through a fine lens.

Let us begin by looking at Field 3, Field 4, and Field 7.

Special Ed Teachers need to go through four years of college education, licensure, as well as internship or residency before they can attain that position. This job also requires intense interaction with a wide variety of special needs individuals ranging from Down's syndrome to the autism spectrum. It is an extremely stressful profession with no upward mobility and low salary.

Massage Therapists earn far too little and have difficulty finding clients depending on location. It is easy to glamorize the field by imagining what you see on TV, but chances are that you will end up working in dingy, low-rent locations in less than reputable neighborhoods with similar clientele.

Writers and Authors earn a wide range, the median is not a suitable measure. You have authors that strike it very lucky and write bestsellers while the vast majority are simply young individuals who never seem to catch a break. Your paycheck will be extremely hard to earn. You will not be the next JK Rowling, you will simply be poor.

Next tier: Field 2 and Field 6

Financial Managers are not entry level in any way. You need at least 5 years of experience in a related field, which actually means at least 7 to 8 years working in securities, accounting, as an analyst, etc. Business is a rough, cutthroat field. You can lose a lot of money through schooling and employment is extremely difficult to find unless you are in an urban area, and even then, it just means more competitors. You will also need to endure a massive amount of work in another field to be respected enough to apply for this position.

Police and Detectives, while they have good benefits, also have to endure dangerous work conditions for middling pay. They need to dedicate their lives to their work, lots of different shifts, and likely have difficult family lives. If nothing happens to them, tragically, that is.

That leaves Field 1 and 5.

Aerospace Engineers are not in demand. The field is not demonstrating proper growth and it is very hard to get into. Few corporations require them and the ones that are needed, are already working. If there are jobs open, they will only take the best. By the time you come out of school, you will find yourself locked out of a job.

The same goes for Medical Scientists. The more years you need to spend in school, the greater debt you will be in. You will owe a fortune after you get the necessary credentials and even then, your salary demands on who wants you, and if the company is profitable. The chances of you breaking even in a short period of time are very slim.

Now, let me offer my advice:

First Five:
Elevator Installers and Repairers
Brickmasons, Blockmasons, and Stonemasons
Sheet Metal Workers
Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters

These individuals have a HUGE advantage over any of my opponent's choices. Why? They start over $100,000 richer because they don't have to go to college. On top of that, they can get 4 years of working experience and on-job training/apprenticeship instead of college education. By the time any of the individuals studying things my opponent lists graduates college with six figures of debt, these individuals will be masters of their own craft, making $50k a year or more. Also note that the demand for these jobs is growing far faster than average, compared to my opponent's job choices, which are growing very slowly in this bad economy. The chance that you will be able to feed yourself and your family greatly increases with my options.

Now, I have some further suggestions.

Registered Nurse
Software Developer
Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners

Growth rate is spectacular, median pay is one and a half to twice what my opponent lists, job hiring is based more on personal skill than the reputation of the college so it is easy to get job placement with affordable higher education, and these four professions consistently rank among the top professions in any list.

Since I have reached my limit of 9 this round, I will need to stop. However, I hope my opponent takes these into consideration.

In my last argument, I proposed 7 study fields with 7 examples off of each one. In this round, I will argue why my choices are sound. In addition, I will state two more career options. I will also explain why some of my opponent’s choices are poor. Every individual is different, so don’t let this list limit you. I will state again, check my cited sources from my first argument.

Section 1: Defense of Special Education Teacher, Massage Therapist, & Writers
1a. Special Education Teachers: My opponent puts too much emphasis on what must be done to become one. He ignores the fact how this would affect you at an emotional level. Individuals, who love to help others grow, would do whatever it takes to do so. Showing compassion to the special needs children is a way to make our world a better place. An individual would be fulfilling a wonderful purpose in life.
1b. Massage Therapist: My opponent puts the enjoyment of this career by sheer chance. If an individual loves relieving other’s people stress, they will make sure chance doesn’t decide their faith. Plus, there are a lot of salons and other locations that are suitable places for this career. Along with meeting a lot of nice people and working with great coworkers. May I remind you, one year of education will start you off making well over $50,000 annually!
1c. Writers/ Authors: Although this career: This field is risky, and yet flexible. It is comfortable, but only if you have the passion to write. To make this a career, you must be constantly writing. Don’t let my opponent scare you away from your dreams. If you love making up stories, do it. Don’t let anyone say you can’t do something, just embrace your creative side at a high level.

Section 2: Defense of Financial Managers, & Police/ Detectives
2a. Financial Managers: I state again, my opponent is way too technical in his argument. He leaves no room for the viewer to consider what is optimistic about a field. This field does require hardwork, yet it’s all worth it. It’s worth it because you gain prestige and respect from your colleagues/ coworkers. Plus, you have plenty of room to climb the business latter. You could even become a CEO if you’re that good at your job. Being a financial manager is fun, because you can analyze the profitability of each section of the business. Using pie graphs, charts, and statistics; you begin to show how smart you are to your employers. Finally, the odds of dating that hot secretary just got even better!
2b. Police/ Detectives: To wear the uniform of the law is an honorable thing to do. The price of keeping you, your family, and your community safe is by risking your life to protect them. My opponent tries to make it sound like that’s a bad thing. The only bad thing here is to let good people do nothing to stop evil. Our law enforcement will always receive the degree of respect as heroes to society.

Section 3: Defense of Aerospace Engineers, & Medical Scientist
3a. Aerospace Engineers: To be an engineer will NEVER lock you out of a job! With that said, it is true that aerospace in particular, does provide a strong challenge. However, those that want to be the best shall endure such a challenge. Individuals that are adventurous, strong-willed, and seek to defy the limits will excel in this field. Do not give up a career because it’s too hard, embrace the challenge!
3b. Medical Scientists: What if you could be the one who finds the cure for cancer? Or HIV? Or even immortality? The world would definitely try to discourage you into believing it’s highly impractical. DON’T be afraid to say it’s POSSIBLE! Do what you love, experiment as much as you can, & remember people are counting on your work to save them!
Section 4: Against opponent’s first 5 careers
4a. Elevator Installers & Repairers: To sacrifice creativity for repetitive tasks, that itself is a sin!
4b. Brickmasons, Blockmasons, & Stonemasons: You work out there on the construction site in the hot, humid weather. You listen to orders from the architecture, and use your strength to do it. Intelligence should never be substituted for physical strength. Instead of working for the man, be the man! Become an ARCHITECT instead!
4c. Sheet Metal Workers: It provides no personal growth like the rest in this section!
4d. Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters: Humans shouldn’t be machines that only set & repair things. We need growth in a spiritual sense. Don’t do this job for the money, only if you truly love it.
4e. Electricians: There’s an even better career then this. I call it ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING!
Section 5: Supportive of opponent’s other 4 careers
5a. Pharmacist: Well…someone has to give out the medicine.
5b. Registered Nurse: It is a very good choice for its high employment rate. It is actually a pretty good choice.
5c. Software Developer: In this economy, I have nothing to complain about this field.
5d. Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Midwives, & Nurse Practitioners: I actually don’t have anything bad to say about this.

Section 6: 2 additional careers
6a. Study Field 8#: Entertainment & Sports ~ Actors
Actors are like artists, they paint a picture by their performance. They express emotions suitable for the character. Don’t be discouraged by my opponent. What matters more is the passion rather than reliance on chance. Those that love what they do, will do what they love (& get paid well for it too!). You could potentially reach stardom and make it big! I know you can, but do you know you can?
6b. Study Field 9#: Arts & Design~ Industrial Designers
This career choice is a blend of technical and artsy styles. You’re practically an engineer designing things. You get to manufacture products ranging from toys to as big as airplanes. You also get to work on teams to do innovative projects! Whatever is needed, you get to design it! A bachelor’s degree is required in industrial design, architecture, or engineering. Average Annual Salary: $60,000

In the previous round, my opponent attacked me with just requirements. He emphasized stress and argued low job prospects. He also listed careers that are considered blue-collared jobs, along with additional careers that were far better. For his first 5, there is no creativity but pure servitude. My viewers please acknowledge that the value of passion outranks money. My career picks are good, but I know each one of you are different too. This is why I greatly suggested checking my previous cited sources.

Consider this, most of my opponents sources branched off one of my sources. I helped him, so I surely can help you. I care more about what you, the viewer, would like to do in the future. Even after this debate is over, please continue your research to discover yourself and your enjoyments. I rest my case.

Cited Sources:
Last argument will provide additional sources to continue the viewer’s growth! Stick around to see them all!

I thank my opponent for his response.

Audience, let me reiterate that while my opponent's argument theme seems to be "unfounded optimism", my theme continues to be "practicality".

The grim reality is that success is a product of preparation and opportunity. For every promotion you get, a dozen more people have been passed over. For every job you are hired for, dozens upon dozens have been turned away.

Wanting and choosing to study in a field does not guarantee that you will get the job you are aiming for, or even get a job in the field you are studying. The more resources you pour into your study, the more likely it will be, but in the sense of practicality, you should consider fields that will not lead you to the disaster that is unemployment.

Please examine the following link detailing the horrors that college-bound millennials face:

"At every education level, the 25- to 32-year-olds of 2013 confronted a higher unemployment rate than past generations did when they were stepping into the workforce"

And in case you weren't frightened enough, please take a look at these numbers in depth from an article written by a millennial:

16.3% of Millennials are unemployed, only 6 in 10 have a job and half of those are only part time even though 59% of millennials have a college education.

And here's the kicker, audience:

"250: The average number of resumes, according to ERE, that are received for each corporate job opening. Out of this number, 4-6 will get an interview, 1-3 will be invited for a final interview, and 1 will be offered the job. Which brings us back to that 16.3 unemployment rate. "

Audience, I don't want to scare you. I simply want to inform you that my opponent is optimistic to the point of delusion. Shooting for the moon and failing will not land you among the stars. It will set you on a trajectory to the infinite and desolate blackness of space. If you want to be true to yourself and succeed, you need to be PRACTICAL and REALISTIC about your job prospects.

My opponent sells the same gimmick for every job. "If you have a passion for this job, it is the best!" This is a terrible argument.

Half of the jobs my opponent suggests will not even be available to you until you go though hell and back, and they aren't even good jobs. The other half are hyper inflated with unrealistic optimism.

My job recommendations on the other hand are not so fantastical. You will work hard, you will succeed, through your own skill. You will be paid fairly. You will take pride in your job, you will not find it hard to find employment, and you will find it difficult to lose your job.

Please keep this in mind while comparing our approaches.

Now, I shall address my opponent's defenses in light of the new discussion we have had about practicality.

Special Education Teacher, Massage Therapist, Writer/Author:

While being successful or lucky in these three fields *can* promise you what my opponent stated, the road to get there is extremely rough.

For Special Ed teachers, the people this field is a fit for are so few and far between, it isn't even worth listing for general consideration. I will let the audience weigh the facts I have stated versus the idealism my opponent is a proponent of.

Next, being a writer or an author is simply about gambling while you pursue a hobby. Your success or more likely, failure, is entirely dependent upon what your READERS want, not the quality of what you write or want to write.

As for Massage Therapists, I simply don't have the heart to lie to you, audience, while my opponent does:

"May I remind you, one year of education will start you off making well over $50,000 annually!"

And yet, examine her own source:

The median salary is only about $35k (far lower for entry-level) and requires a post-secondary education, along with licenses and certifications. I have nothing against optimism, but when they start contradicting facts and may negatively impact the rest of someone's life, I have no choice but to speak out.

My opponent's counterpoint about Financial Managers is far, far too optimistic. The hard work is far harder, and much less worth it. You don't gain prestige and respect from coworkers, you get disdain, envy, and backstabbing. Using charts and graphs will not show how smart you are, it will only show that you don't deserve to get fired, and that hot secretary is already dating your boss's boss. I have already stated the facts in my last round: if you want to start in giant debt through a lot of schooling and work 5 years at another job before you can even START this one, please go ahead and try.

I have nothing much to say about Police or detective work, and it seems my opponent does not either. The pay is horrific, the job is incredibly stressful and dangerous, and it can tear families apart. Your spouse and your children will worry about whether or not you come home alive every single day of their lives. And that one day you don't, do you really think that honor will matter to them more than losing their loved one?

In terms of Aerospace Engineering, you really shouldn't choose it over the other types of Engineering. The growth rate is slow and the jobs are few. While my opponent is correct about Engineering being a secure field, Aerospace Engineering is an exception.

Finally, for Medical Scientists, lets be perfectly honest. You aren't going to cure cancer or HIV. You will be the lab grunt of the team of the top level researcher of the giant pharmaceutical corporation that does.

My opponent has two new additions:

Actor: Consistently tops the charts for *worst* job year after year.

You aren't going to be a movie star. At best, you'll do a commercial or be an extra.

Industrial Designer:

Slow job growth, few jobs nationwide, highly competitive, middle median pay, but low starting pay. Creativity stifled by your superiors. You will be doing grunt work the vast majority of your career.

In these fields, just as with nearly all of my opponent's suggestions, you will fail due to competition and succeed only through luck. You need to consider fields in which you can succeed through your own skill and hard work.

My opponent has conceded that I made good choices in Nurse Practitioner/related fields, Software Engineer, and Registered Nurse. I want to point out that in terms of passion, making a difference, creativity, and expertise, these jobs are far superior to any job my opponent has posted.

Furthermore, I want to point out that Pharmacists do not simply "hand out meds". Pharmacists use a lot of clinical skills, nearly as much or more than Nurses do to provide care to patients, especially those who work in hospital settings. Pharmacists are slowly taking over the role doctors used to have. Note that it consistently ranks in the top professions year after year. The salary is fantastic, and you usually make $90-100k at ENTRY LEVEL.

My opponent then levies a general attack on the 5 hands-on professions I listed, implying that they are unintelligent, lack creativity, and lacks room for passion, pride, or growth.

Personally, I feel very insulted on behalf of all the hardworking individuals who are in these professions. My opponent seems to think that these "blue collar" jobs are beneath him. Do you know what millennials call the people working in these fields?

They call them "Mom" and "Dad".

These five professions are better by far than any that my opponent has listed in terms of job growth, job stability, and practicality. You take these skills for the rest of your life, and you start off without being saddled with 100k in college debt. You will be making 40-50k a year in high demand jobs while the people who pursue my opponent's jobs will likely be unemployed and in debt.

These individuals take pride in their jobs. They are masters at their craft. Yes, they work with their hands, but is that reason to turn your nose up at them? In this economy, many are applying to technical school to find a way to survive.

Many individuals in these professions then end up being managers or supervisors, or going back to night school since they aren't saddled with debt and have a stable profession. No one said you had to do this forever, but coming out of high-school, these are viable ways to jet propel yourself to success ahead of everyone else.

Now, I have another bunch to list:

Computer Systems Analyst
Market Research Analyst
Civil/Mechanical Engineer

High pay, excellent job growth, job stability and in high demand, many opportunities for advancement.

Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapist
Physician's Assistant
Dental Hygienist

High pay, excellent job growth, job stability and in high demand, patient interaction, great for compassionate people who want to make a difference without breaking the bank.

And since my opponent is such a proponent of jobs with specific niches:

Survivalist- In case of global catastrophe, expertise in wilderness survival, basic agriculture and tool making. Is actually becoming very popular.

Internet Web Camera Model- Makes from $20-$100 an hour, for those who aren't shy about their bodies, don't care about social taboo, and want quick, easy, cash. The right person can make a LOT of money to fund their dreams and passions

Thank you to my opponent and the audience.

Final Greetings
Hello again, my audience. Kleptin, I greet you too. This argument will be my final stretch to justify myself. I will remind us all about the purpose of this debate. In addition, I will expose unmistakable flaws in my opponent’s argument. Another thing I would like to mention in a section is my trustworthiness on information. I have no plans to disappoint you, for you are my audience. I treasure your decisions to vote justly.

Section 1: What I represent in this debate
My opponent mislabeled me as providing “unfounded optimism,” in my last argument. What I truly represent is a believe that “limits can be exceeded,” & “You can live your American Dream.” My audience, each one of you has the right to be pompous, & worthy of excellence. I give you a diverse grouping of study fields, which is my pursuit to starting you somewhere on your career search. Remember, work is “enslavement,” if there isn’t a passion for it. You must first love it in order for “success” to follow.

Section 2: What my opponent represents in this debate
My opponent openly admits to being engulfed in a theme of “practicality.” That is bad. No, that is sinful. “Practicality” is a grounded concept, and is completely the opposite of “shooting for the stars!” What Kleptin wants you to understand at a subconscious level; is that the economy decides what fields are best to get into. You don’t get to decide what “fits you,” rather “practicality” dictates your fate. Guess what, practicalities have a main objective of making you equal to the rest. You, my audience, deserve to be special. That is why, for this debate, “practicality is a sin.”

Section 3: A parable & a quote
Matthew 5:14-15 — Lamp on a Stand
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither
do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and
it gives light to everyone in the house.”
For my viewers should be the light of this world, choosing careers that excel them, not hinder them. Do not let my opponent cast a shadow of mediocrity over you.
“For everything that lives is holy, life delights in life."~William Blake
My audience will not summit to blue-collared jobs, for they have greater worth beyond their knowledge. Therefore I say to you, listen to me for I know your worth. My opponent sees the society, yet is blind to the individual. His ideology is only to strengthen communism in this country. The people aren’t slaves; don’t offer brilliant minds such “slave” jobs as options.

Section 4: Opponent’s invalid information, fear tactics, & faulty accusations
Accusation of false career information (Massage Therapist): I heavily refuse to say I was a liar, for I am not. One can still enter the field and make $50,000, but it depends on how you enter it. This website will show the different branches in this occupation, and proves that my statement is justifiable.
Invalid Information: Continuing with my opponent’s attacks, he provides invalid information to the audience. He states further careers in VIOLATION of laws in round 1. If my opponent argues that it applied only to study fields, he fails to oblige by that too. My opponent NEVER LISTED STUDY FIELDS, but CAREER PATHS! He failed to acknowledge the difference, which practically makes his whole argument on a shaky foundation. Any further career listings past the mark of 9 are INVALIDATED! THIS PUTS HIS WHOLE CREDIBILITY IN QUESTION! Follow the laws, or the laws will bite back!
Fear Tactics: My opponent makes this assumption that the audience is not “special enough.” He relies on practicality because he believes you are all mediocre. He instills fear of my listed career options; by stress value, education requirements, and claimed “practicality.” Do not fear my career options for attempting to reach for greater things. What you should fear folks, is the simplicity of his first 5 career picks.

Section 5: Glorification of my choices
The career choices I listed are healthy by its diversity. I considered that the audience will be mixed with all types of views, that is why I listed what I listed. I was giving all of you a taste of something from each STUDY FIELD. Even from the start, I stated that furthering your research is a must, for I don’t want to overwhelm you all. Please consider my though process, for it was meant to expand your wings.

Section 6: Shaming of my opponent’s career choices
The career choices my opponent listed are sickly by singularity. Kleptin focused too intensely on career paths that can all fit in “one” study field. I am excluding the ones I favored, for they were sound. Even though they were sound, they too, could be categorized in 1 or 2 study fields. My opponent wasn’t clearly thinking about the diversity of the readers, nor the laws, but I do.

Final Goodbyes
My viewers, I need not speak to your brain, for I truly want to win over your hearts. For your logical side can choke your happiness, but your heart seeks pleasure in life…so let me in. Let my words be wise to you, that seekers of greatness will excel over seekers of stability.
Remember, my audience, for my opponent has already built upon a shaky foundation from the start. He has nowhere to turn with his speech, lest he start over. For whatever he speaks about “can” be highly fallible. Failure to follow the laws of round 1, is like walking on quicksand.
To my audience, I kiss you goodbye & massive luck on your career search. To my opponent, I hug you; for I feel your anxiety to speak your last breathe. I hope I persuaded you, my readers, to submit to my wisdom. Good luck Kleptin, may your last, & future debates, be blessed for you. I rest my case.

(As Promised) Cited Sources: ~ my argument’s values are in descending order: 3. Logos, 2. Ethos, 1. Pathos ~lessons for actors ~Learn about the awesomeness of aerospace ~learn a little more of financial management ~A community that values teachers that help the special needs children ~be free when it comes to literature ~ learn more about the health benefits & structure of massage therapy ~before you can defend this nation, read up on what cops recently do in the news/ plus other info. ~A passion for science can never be quenched, indulge your brain in this magazine ~ the creative minds shall not be silenced!

For our concluding messages, I need to first apologize to my opponent for stating additional careers in the last round. I had misread the original Round 1 post to be "Post 6-9 careers each round" and was further confused by the fact that my opponent chose to select 7 in one round and 2 in another round. As such, I kindly ask the audience to strike the later careers from my last round.

Audience, I believe my opponent and I have had a wonderful exchange. Like you, I did feel the happy energy brimming with each post my opponent makes. However, we must consider that this is not a motivational seminar. This is a debate. As such, we need to consider who won this debate on the following factors:

1. Who proposed the best fields of study?
2. Who did the best job defending their study fields?

To answer the first question, we must simply consider the following fact:

Every single characteristic that my opponent touts about one his choices has been surpassed by a numerous amount of mine. Whether you are talking about personal fulfillment, salary, or creativity, the choices I have provided have exceeded those of my opponent by far. My opponent himself has praised four out of my nine choices:

"Section 5: Supportive of opponent"s other 4 careers
5a. Pharmacist: Well"someone has to give out the medicine.
5d. Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Midwives, & Nurse Practitioners: I actually don"t have anything bad to say about this."

Furthermore, my opponent has levied not a single rational point against any of my other five choices, preferring instead to demean millions of individuals working these so called "blue-collar" jobs and ignoring the practical benefit there is to mastering a craft, working with your hands, and taking advantage of that job security to propel yourself to success.

In terms of defending their arguments, I believe the choice is also clear:

Whereas my opponent struggled to cope with the negative realities of every fact I pointed out, with the improper citation of salary, and with stating obvious lies, I have defended all of my opponent's irrational accusations with nothing but rationality and practicality.

Examine: "May I remind you, one year of education will start you off making well over $50,000 annually!"

My opponent attempts to evade being called out upon his lie by saying that he quoted the wrong source, and posts another one with a $53,000 salary. However, he lies again because the salary is a MEDIAN salary (after many years experience), and he never addressed the fact that it takes far more than a single year of education to get to that point!

And with all the opportunities my opponent had to defend his points, he squanders it with a semantic argument that I have not listed "study fields", but "career paths". This is simply ludicrous and desperate. Pharmacists study the field of Pharmacy, Plumbers the field of Plumbing, Nurses the field of Nursing, and it continues with Sheet Metal Working, Elevator Installation and Repair, Software Development, etc.

The fact that my opponent has absolutely failed to defend the particular examples he listed for each study field, without lack for trying, is evidence that my opponent was not focused on the semantic difference until now. Note that my opponent never defends the study fields, only the examples. I am not fooled and the audience most definitely is not fooled, and I respectfully request the audience to deduct the conduct point for this obvious attempt at deception, as well as for his *two* attempts at distorting facts about Massage Therapists.

Audience, let me conclude by pointing out the single thing my opponent has said that destroys his argument.

"Practicality is a sin."

I have spent an enormous portion of my last round showing you, the audience, what the job market looks like. Even given the reality of the situation, my opponent scents all of his time talking about fantastical idealism. My opponent obviously lives in a much different world in which there is no unemployment, no hunger, no need or necessity for housing, clothing, or shelter, and one's only goal is to do whatever they like and they shall be rewarded immediately and to the maximum.

If you too live in that world, please vote for my opponent, for his arguments are perfect for that utopia. However, if you, like me, live in reality, please consider that my choices are the ones better fit for living a happy, healthy, and ultimately successful life.

Audience, I have nothing against having passion for your job, or striving for success. I only disagree with my opponent's destructive optimism and fanciful delusions. I believe practicality can protect people while they pursue their passions and strive for success, while my opponent wants to ignore practicality out of fear or ignorance of the benefits of keeping a clear mind about something as important as your future.

Thank you to my opponent, and to the audience.
Posted by Geogeer 2 years ago
I didn't want this one to go unvoted. Well done both of you.
Posted by Kleptin 2 years ago
Thank you Regaladia for accepting my requirements. I look forward to your first argument. Let's have a fun debate!
Posted by Regaladia 2 years ago
Kleptin, I agree to the new resolution. What you said was highly reasonable. Also, I won't place further restrictions later on. Kleptin, good luck.
Posted by Hazzaboy98 2 years ago
Who have you made this debate open to?
Posted by simpleguy 2 years ago
I'll do it if you reduce the courses to 2 each.
Posted by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
But if you agree taking one subject instead of 6-7. I may accept this.
Posted by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Vote Placed by Geogeer 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: This was a fun debate and both worked very hard on it. On the whole Pro made better arguments for career choices.