YoungZealous
RoyalSon

What trumpet will the church be raptured (taken to heaven )up to heaven on?

YoungZealous

Con

My opinion I will post when my brother accepts the challenge.
RoyalSon

Pro

I thank my opponent for the opportunity to debate this topic. First I begin with some verses relevant to the topic of debate:

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

Isaiah 27:13
And in that day a great trumpet will sound. Those who were perishing in Assyria and those who were exiled in Egypt will come and worship the LORD on the holy mountain in Jerusalem.

Matthew 24:21-22,29-31
21 For then there will be great distress, unequalled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equalled again.
22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.

The answer to this question lies not in the use one a single passage of scripture, but the bringing together and harmonization of various scriptures. If we turn our attention firstly to this last passage of scripture that I quoted above. We shall notice a number of points:

1. An angel is present at the scene.
2. The angel makes a trumpet call.
3. At this call the dead in Christ will rise first.
4. After that, those who are still alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds.

The question becomes - at which trumpet call does this event take place, when the dead are raptured and the alive are raptured?

We notice from the verses in Matthew that this will take place after the Great Triublation:
21 For then there will be great distress(tribulation), unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

29 "Immediately after the distress(tribulation) of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Now we realise that this trumpet call when the "gathering of the elect" or the "catching" his elect up to Himself takes place after the Great Tribulation. We also note that this rapture involves the dead first and then those who are alive.

1 Corinthians 15:52 identifies the trumpet for us when the dead shall be raised imperishable:

Thus putting these verses together, it is clear that the rapture will take place after the Great Tribulation, following the seventh trumpet call.

I would like to conclude my introductory word by saying that while Christians often have rather strong disagreements as to the nature or time of the rapture, we can all agree that Christ our blessed redeemer is coming again! On the one hand to judge but on the other hand to meet with His elect who long to be together with Him for all eternity. I wish God's grace upon my opponent and brother in Christ.
YoungZealous

Con

I texted a whole paragraph and it all erased on my phone. I can say that me and you agree on the same thing so there's no other reason to continue the debate. I was expecting someone who would say that Jesus will return upon the first trumpet . I got a different response. We both agree that time the Jesus returns will be the last trumpet because it gives it simply says it but there is a group of people who are afraid of this truth. What does this mean if Jesus returns on the last trumpet? This implies the fact that we will go through trouble with the Antichrist and his religion and that we will die as those who died before in Rome; just as Christians and also the ones who die in the Middle East often.

Here is some awesome food for thought about the last trumpet.

If you count how many trumpets they are or how many angels they are you will see the Book of Revelation say there are 7 . Now that you know that Jesus will return on the seventh trumpet aka the last trumpet then you can predict what is being displayed in Revelation.

Revelation10:There will be no more delay! 7But in the days when the 'seventh' angel is about to sound his trumpet, the 'mystery'of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.

Notice the scripture that Royal Son has provided in 1 Corinthians. In 1 Corinthians 15; it says I will show you a (mystery) (Revelation 10:7 I noticed in Revelation it also says mystery too. Put these two together we have the last of trumpets in both passages and in this event you see if there is a mystery being done away with. If you put these two scriptures togethe you get that Jesus Christ is coming on the last trumpet and immediately after the tribulation just as my brother said.

Well said. I think that me and Royal Son should get a tie in this based on the fact we don't oppose each others opinion .

Thank you brother for the discussion and may we continue in opening eyes by scripture.
RoyalSon

Pro

Amen Brother. I have nothing further to post.
Posted by ArcTImes 2 years ago
ArcTImes
lol wut.