MWoodles
DaMattChap

What way is the correct way to make tea without teabags.

MWoodles

MWoodles

Pro

Okay, right. So I recently bought a lovely type of tea, this infact http://www.whittard.co.uk.... I have thought of a slightly different, but logical way to mix it up to have a delicious treat. This is it
1. Get two mugs (Because one gets very hot)
2. Fill one with water
3. Put it in microwave for 1:20 minutes
4. Pour hot water into the other mug (Using kitchen towel to hold it. Roll it up lots so that it fits between the handle of the mug)
5. Put 4 teaspoons of tea into the water
6. Stir until fully distilled
6.5. Enjoy

This method provides a drink that can be drunk straight away, without having to wait half an hour if using the kettle. It also makes sure that the mug isn't too hot.

My opponent, Matthew, has his own technique, here it is:
1. Get 1 mug
2. Fill the kettle with water
3. Hit the button on kettle
4. Pour hot water in the mug
5. put teabag in the mug
6. Squeeze it on side
7. Put milk in (till it looks nice (nice=nearly white) then stop)
8. Use mug to Drink
9. Wash up

I would like to know which is the correct and most logical way.
FIGHT!
DaMattChap

Con

Well I Think Much differently why would you use a microwave to heat up tea there is no point use a kettle, like everyone else uses i think that it is really just stupid i'm ok with everything else but putting a mug in a microwave to heat up water
MWoodles

Pro

I completely disagree with you. The reason I use a microwave is that a kettle heats up the drink too much, meaning you have to wait in order to drink it, whereas my technique allows it to be drunk instantly after heating. I understand that I am the minority, as most people use kettles, but my way has more advantages than your technique. My way only as one disadvantage, which is that double the washing up is required, but the kettle has more disadvantages.
DaMattChap

Con

For one i really don't have tea without teabags but i think the kettle is better. If you use a kettle you might hurt your tongue but if you use a microwave you could burn all your hand and i think your tongue hurting for 5 minutes is much better than burning all of your hand.
MWoodles

Pro

Well no, I disagree. If you read the original post in round 1, you should've seen that it says to hold the cup with kitchen towel. This reduces all the heat. You could also just hold the mug around the rim, where it isn't so hot. And after 1:20, it isn't too hot to begin with.
DaMattChap

Con

If it isn't to hot to begin with after 1:20 why do you put it in it is pointless and a little kitchen towel won't draw all the heat so what is that point of doing it then i think the correct way to still this,

1. Get 1 mug
2. Fill the kettle with water
3. Hit the button on kettle
4. Pour hot water in the mug
5. put teabag in the mug
6. Squeeze it on side
7. Put milk in (till it looks nice then stop)
8. Use mug to Drink
9. Wash up

And that is that
Vote Placed by igaryoak 4 years ago
igaryoak
MWoodlesDaMattChapTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were not really addressed by Con.