The Instigator
The-DATA-plan
Pro (for)
Losing
0 Points
The Contender
neptune1bond
Con (against)
Winning
1 Points

What would you do?

Do you like this debate?NoYes+0
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 1 vote the winner is...
neptune1bond
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 10/19/2013 Category: Miscellaneous
Updated: 3 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 673 times Debate No: 39173
Debate Rounds (5)
Comments (0)
Votes (1)

 

The-DATA-plan

Pro

Just For Kicks

You wake to find your-self wearing a cape of feathers and some sort of fancy military uniform, and to make things worse, you're free falling...Now what?
neptune1bond

Con

Well normally I'd assume that I'm just coming out of a strange dream and wouldn't be able to do much before I hit the floor, then I'd probably get back in bed and go to sleep.

If I wasn't dreaming, then I'd like to know, exactly how "fancy" is my uniform? Do I have all sorts of decorations and medals and stuff? Or is it fancy in the sense that it has sequins and beads and pretty pink crystals? The answer would most definitely affect my decision.

If I found that i wasn't still dreaming and was actually falling from the sky, then I'd try and see if I could reverse whatever voodoo magic had teleported me into the sky while searching for any parachute that I might have. If no parachute was there, then I would either grab the edge of my cape of feathers and start flapping like crazy or see if I could ride the wind. If that failed and I still had time, then I would extend my arms and legs and say,"super magical flying powers NOW!" and then scream like a Jr High School cheerleader on crack as I plummet to my gruesome death. After I had died I would probably float over the splattered mound that used to be my body and say,"Well that friggin' sucked! What in the h*ll just happened?!" and then head towards the big bright light. (Yes, I am actually one of those people that use the word friggin', even after an event as serious as my own death. Sad isn't it?)

If my super magical flying powers actually kicked in at that point, then I would have to use my powers to fight crime in my fancy military uniform. Except I'd probably have to wear spandexy-type underwear on the outside of my pants and a zoro mask so that people could identify me as a superhero...

...or identify me as an escaped mental patient

...or just very "special".

But if they identified me as one of the last two, it would be the more to my advantage since the bad people wouldn't take me too seriously before I flew up and kicked them in the face.....or something (is flying my only superpower?). "Eat that bad guy and give up your evil ways, because I am Mega-Flying-Fancy-Military-Guy (my superhero name. I know it's cool. I thought of it just now. ;) )".
Debate Round No. 1
The-DATA-plan

Pro

M.F.F.M.G....that's your superhero name? Huh, its cool if you read it ten times fast...also, I too am a person who doesn't swear either, unless you are my brother in disguise...Any way here's your options, you can decide what you want to do:

1-You awake to see that your face has just landed mm away from a pile of poop that a raccoon had left,
You can either shrug it off and go back to sleep, OR investigate as to how the raccoon got in, what was it doing, where is it now.

2-Your military outfit if decked out in a neat line of medals, looking closer, they are all awarded to you because of the same reason, show biz, apparently you're a star...but that doesn't change the fact that you're falling to your death...anddd the floor is coming up fast....You squeeze your eyes shut, and.......wait......no pain? No splat? Nothing? Opening your eyes, you see that the floor is a meter under you, but you aren't moving at all. Do you:
Try to touch ground, and explore your surroundings or firgure out how to fly again or think about what just happened?

3-Luckily, your cape has caught hold of the wind, and in fact, as it turns out, the cape was shaped and designed for flight. So what now?
Try to land? Fly some more and marvel at how awsome this is? Try to go home? Or head North Easst West or South?

4-Your powers kick in! And now you are, I guess, in a way, falling up...If this keeps going, you are going to reach an atmosphere where the oxygen levels are too low for you to live...So are you going to:
Try to land? Slow down your flight? Go back to falling? Keep going up and find out if you can camp out in space? Go in a different directions?

ONLY ONE OPTION CAN BE PICKED. AFTER PICKING AN OPTION, YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE ONE REACTION TO THAT PARTICULAR OPTION.
neptune1bond

Con

Ooh, It's like a game! :D

I'll choose door number 2, because being a star in show biz just makes M.F.F.M.G. extra super fancy. I'll then try to touch ground and explore my surroundings. Where the heck am I?
Debate Round No. 2
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
neptune1bond

Con

Um, I'll extend my...arguments?
Debate Round No. 3
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
neptune1bond

Con

That's too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what happened. Oh well, knowing my luck I'd just touch ground to step on a land mine and blow up or something. I hope everything is o.k. with The-DATA-plan and that she just forgot or got caught up in something else.
Debate Round No. 4
The-DATA-plan

Pro

The-DATA-plan forfeited this round.
neptune1bond

Con

neptune1bond forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 5
No comments have been posted on this debate.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
The-DATA-planneptune1bondTied
Agreed with before the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Agreed with after the debate:--Vote Checkmark0 points
Who had better conduct:-Vote Checkmark-1 point
Had better spelling and grammar:--Vote Checkmark1 point
Made more convincing arguments:--Vote Checkmark3 points
Used the most reliable sources:--Vote Checkmark2 points
Total points awarded:01 
Reasons for voting decision: ff