Conner_Espinoza
RedSun

Whats better Fender" or Ibanez"

Started: 9/30/2015 Category: Music

Conner_Espinoza

Pro

Ibanez is better
RedSun

Con

I accept this challenge, Conner_Espinoza. This is my very first debate, and I hope it will be a spectacular start in my record.

Rebuttals:

Unfortunately, Pro has one set of quotes after the words "Ibanez" and "Fender", (my quotes represent the words) so I cannot interpret Pro's resolution. In that case, this means he is arguing that one non-existent objective is better than another non-existent and alleged objective, and that he's supporting the resolution that nothing is better than nothing.

Arguments:

Nothing cannot be better than nothing. Why? Because "nothing" represents the lack of anything that as objective/subjective, and therefor, has lacks the properties to make it something good or comparable. Your resolution is stating that one is better out of two of the same exact things, when logically, there is no property or attribute that can make it "better". Also, if they are both "nothing", (the same) then it can't be better than itself. If there was an attribute that made one better, they wouldn't be the same, since one would be different than another. This is a paradox, my friend. Let me demonstrate.

Nothing A = Nothing B (The fact)
Nothing B is better than Nothing A because (?) despite being the same.

Also, if one had attributes, it couldn't be "nothing" in the first place. I had already proved that both are non-existent, which will contradict any point suggesting that one is better because as I have previously shown, a) Both are the same (no)thing b) If one is better, they can't be the same, and it's a fact that they are the same, making one being better impossible c) If one has attributes, it isn't "nothing" therefor it wouldn't be the same as what it's being compared to, which is either nothing, or something because of a lesser attribute that could be mentioned. Point A counters this, since I have already established that both of these are non-existent.

I rest my case
Conner_Espinoza

Pro

Conner_Espinoza forfeited this round.
RedSun

Con

RedSun forfeited this round.
Conner_Espinoza

Pro

Conner_Espinoza forfeited this round.
RedSun

Con

RedSun forfeited this round.
Conner_Espinoza

Pro

Conner_Espinoza forfeited this round.
RedSun

Con

RedSun forfeited this round.
Posted by Bosoxfaninla 1 year ago
Bosoxfaninla
Fenders without a doubt. Ibanez is affordable though, but that's not the question.