Kippy122
ArcTImes

What's better same sex class rooms or regular

ArcTImes

Kippy122

Pro

Hey ladies and gents. Today I'm am going to tell you reasons why same sex class rooms should be allowed on of my main reasons is distraction the opposing sex puts forth distractions for the other sex. Many people against it would say it's promotes homosexuality but in reality it only proves that people are still homophobic. It's not where we place people but it's their Decision whether they wanna be or not. It is proven girls mature faster the n guys so why not give girls a chance to excel instead of being stuck with guys. Thanks for reading my debate
ArcTImes

Con

I have to thank my opponent for this debate. It's indeed an interesting topic.

Let's start with some definitions of some words of the title "What's better same sex class rooms or regular?":
Same sex classroom: Single gender classroom, single gender education.
Better: of superior quality or excellence. [1]
Regular: Here he means Co-ed classrooms, coeducational classrooms or classroom of both genders.
Coeducation:
the joint education of both sexes at the same institution and in the same classes. [2]

So this debate is about the quality of education and the differences between single gender classrooms and co-ed classrooms. Considering Pro is positive that the single gender classrooms are superior than co-ed classrooms in education he has the Burden of proof. I only need to disprove his arguments to win, but I will provide some arguments too so this debate is more entertaining.

There is one additional definition that it's useful for the discussion.

Education:
The act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. [3]

And the last thing before reviewing Pro's arguments is that he didn't provide any sources for his claims. Remember that the burden of proof is in you and you have to prove what you are claiming.

1. "the opposing sex puts forth distractions for the other sex."

Even if it's true and provable, education is more than math and books. Education is the act or process of acquiring general knowledge and preparing for the mature life, that means that social skills is something that you should learn in a school because it's an important part of your education.

Now, socializing is not the same when you are interacting with a person of the opposite sex and with a person of the same sex, specially when you get easily "distracted".

2. "Many people against it would say it's promotes homosexuality but in reality it only proves that people are still homophobic."

Not me. Still, ad hominem.

3. "It is proven girls mature faster the n guys so why not give girls a chance to excel instead of being stuck with guys."

Again, there is no sources that back your claims.
But even if it's true, you should provide new proof for the connection between "faster maturity" and "faster or better education" because remember that brains of boys and girls are different, and they would be different even if they matured at same speed.

Now, even after that, nothing guarantees you that the less mature students affect negatively to the more mature students educational-wise.

And this is my argument against single gender classrooms.
They encourage stereotypes.
Single gender classroom are "specialized" for each gender, but it's not a matter of separating those who mature fast and the rest, but treating them based on what society "thinks" is normal on each sex.

The ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) had written about the topic:

"Social scientist have found that separating students by sex simply makes the contrast between the sexes more salient. And, when you look at what the proponents of single-sex classrooms are preaching, it’s easy to see the world segregated classrooms can create. Take Dr. Leonard Sax, who suggests that a boy who likes to read, does not enjoy contact sports, and does not have a lot of close male friends has a problem, even if he thinks he is happy, and that such a boy should be firmly disciplined, required to spend time with “normal males,” and made to play sports. Yikes!" [4]

Thanks again for the debate.

1. http://dictionary.reference.com...
2. http://dictionary.reference.com...
3. http://dictionary.reference.com...
4. https://www.aclu.org...
Kippy122

Pro

Kippy122 forfeited this round.
ArcTImes

Con

My opponent forfeited the last round.
Vote CON.

Kippy122

Pro

Kippy122 forfeited this round.
ArcTImes

Con

I extend my arguments.
Kippy122

Pro

Kippy122 forfeited this round.
ArcTImes

Con

Sadly, my opponent forfeited one more time.
Kippy122

Pro

Kippy122 forfeited this round.
ArcTImes

Con

Opponent forfeited.
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
Thanks for the debate. This is my first debate too. Good luck.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 3 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Kippy122ArcTImesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited the last round. This left the arguments and rebuttals made by Con unchallenged. Furthermore, forfeiting is never appropriate conduct for a debate. S & G goes to Con due to the grammatical errors made by Pro in R1. Sources also goes to Con due to Pro failing to present any, whereas Con presented sources that strengthened his contentions and rebuttals.