Danmurphy789
WilliamGaspar54

When does life begin?

Danmurphy789

Danmurphy789

Con

Does life begin at conception? Or does it begin when you're born? I believe it starts at conception, but please argue with me and explain your views.
WilliamGaspar54

Pro

I believe it begins when the fetus can survive outside of the womb
Danmurphy789

Con

That begs the question, can you tell me what the fetus is? By the way you worded it, you're telling me a fetus is a fetus even after birth. Does that mean both me and you are also fetuses? Does a baby who is born and has something wrong with it that causes it to die a few days after was the baby never alive?
WilliamGaspar54

Pro

If you can take an organism outside of it's womb, and it can live on it's own, as long as it's healthy, that's when life begins
Danmurphy789

Con

Are fetuses organisms?
WilliamGaspar54

Pro

Yes, fetuses are organisms
Posted by dr_sepheroth 1 year ago
dr_sepheroth
Life begins once fertilisation of the female ovum with the male sperm is complete. At this point you have a Single cell this is where life begins.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 1 year ago
Stonehe4rt
Can you prove you were nothing at first? That would go against every example in the world we see. If you are something, how did you come from nothing? Can "Nothing" exist? I understand it works as a concept, but can Nothing, Be real? But if its real then it wouldnt be Nothing right? So by this we can see there is no Nothing, hence you came from something.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
morality is rebirth because i am nothing at first.. i am reborn in my unawarness

morality is the blood of humanity
Vote Placed by Hoppi 1 year ago
Hoppi
Danmurphy789WilliamGaspar54Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Hmm difficult to vote on this debate. Con said that Pro needed to "argue with me and explain your views". I'm not sure that Pro really did argue with the position that life begins at conception. He didn't really address it except obliquely by stating an opposing view. Therefore, I think that he failed to address the requirements that Con laid out in the first round.