Smarticle01
Pickle11

Where did the universe come from? God (Pro) or The Big Bang Theory (Con).

Smarticle01

Pro

Are we created by an infinite and personal being or have we come from a explosion that put everything in its place.

My first question to start the debate is: Where did the Big BAng Theory come from.
Pickle11

Con

The Big Bang Theory created our planets and our solar systems. This happened because of an enormous explosion that happened billions of years ago. And we can prove this by looking at the stars and the planets in the sky and see that they are constantly moving. Something had to make the stars and our planets move. And that something is a giant explosion.
Smarticle01

Pro

I thank you for the explanation of what it is but I asked you were it came from how did it happen. And whatever caused it where did that come from. If you look there is no effect to cause the beginnings of the Big bang theory. and if there is were did that come from how did that come into being. Matter can not be created and destroyed it is a natural law. The only thing that can break natural laws are supernatural beings hence God. Now most people would retaliate and say where did God come from. So I will answer that in the next round if you wish.
Pickle11

Con

Well no one really knows how it happened and all I can give is my theory of how it happened and where it came from.
My theory is that the Big Bang Theory is an apperence of space everywhere in the universe. And that the universe was created as a very hot, very dense single point in space. Before the Big Bang Theory actually happened our world was just a giant blanket of absollute darkness. Now where it came from I can't really say cause it is still a mystery to me. I am still trying to figure it out from all the facts that we have gathered over the last hundred years.
I am interested on how you think that God created the universe and how it took just only 7 days to make the universe that way it is today. And i would like to see some of your supporting facts on how it happened.
Smarticle01

Pro

All evidence that God created the Earth is in the Bible. Either in the Bible or the fact that every other theory has fallen short. There are no solid facts that the universe was created by God. But there is a book that tells us that the universe was created by God (the Bible). This is one piece of evidence more than the Big Bang Theory has. The fact that Christians have a book that has been respected and used all through out history by some of the most intelligent men is a great proof that God has created the earth.

We can look at it like this either the world came into existence form nothing or an intelligent supernatural beings put it into existence, what other possibility is there. And can we just not use reasoning to see the one that makes since. Even if scientist do discover what made the Big bang theory, what made it. Its an endless cycle that wont end unless you have something that defies the laws of nature. That does not need to be created because it is all powerful. And that's when we assume it was intelligent because we look at the world around us and see the complexity.

Now I must ask a question If I could prove God exist not with solid statistics but threw ideas and what you may experience would you then believe he created the world?
Pickle11

Con

I totally agree with the second part. It is an endless cycle and everybody has there own facts and theorys but the bible should not be one of them. The bible is just a book that could have been written by anyone in the world especially a few hundred years ago. So say if God did create the universe, but why would there be a talking snake like it says in the bible and what evidence do we have about Noah's Arch. We don't because there is no supporting evidence that proves all of that actually happened. And who knows maybe I wrote the Bible. Or maybe the talking snake wrote the bible. All i am saying is that once we have some real supporting evidence that the bible is real and that everything in the book has happened, we could probably then say that God has created the universe. But until that time comes the Big Bang created the universe and the world we live in today.
Smarticle01

Pro

Why would you result to the Big Bang if we have no evidence that it happened also. the creationist view has some book that could be true.

here is a link that gives some evidence on the flood Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood - The Age of the ...

So I will say one last time you can go with something coming from nothing that exploded and over time made our beautiful complicated world or you can believe that A intelligent supernatural all powerful being that made the earth and put it into place. Which also has a book to back it up.
Pickle11

Con

LOL. I can't believe we are still debating over this when I have clearly won this debate. It sounds like you are getting really mad because you have no scientific evidence to back up your theory that God or some intelligent supernatural all powerful being with a magic wand created the universe. And the bible does't back any of your facts up. The bible actually has no facts what so ever. Its just a story book that people read when they are desperate enough to try and believe something when they don't have any facts to back up on what they are trying to say.
Now the Big Bang Theory has a mountain of evidence and facts backing up that there was a giant explosion in the universe billions of years ago. And we know this because the stars and our planets are always moving. And what caused these movements"" A force. A force that only an explosion could cause.

Now before this debate is officially over. And you truly believe that God has indeed created the universe I have one question to ask you. And I would appreciate it if you posted it in the comment section.
Your question is""" Where did God come from? I ask you this because you are so determined that God created the universe. So where did God come from.
Posted by Vamike 2 years ago
Vamike
Creationism relies on science, God must follow the laws she created. If the laws she created generated the universe there must be a train of events from beginning to end. A train of events is listed in Genesis demonstrating a flow that follow the laws she set forth. The laws of science apply to everyone and thing.

The numerous examples listed below are a road map for creation. God must follow the laws she created.
Posted by Vamike 2 years ago
Vamike
Cosmic back round radiation, red shift- the universe is expanding in all directions, inflation period. If you reverse all of these you either come to a place of science or someone with a magic wand.
Posted by Smarticle01 2 years ago
Smarticle01
you have not given me any.
Posted by usernamesareannoying 2 years ago
usernamesareannoying
@Smarticle

There is extensive proof for the Big Bang.
Posted by Smarticle01 2 years ago
Smarticle01
Are you saying that the Big Bang does not rely on belief. You think if science could refute the creationist view they would have already. The Big Bang takes as much faith as a creationist because it has no solid facts to back it up people hope that this view is right because their authorities tell them it is. They do not question it.
Posted by Vamike 2 years ago
Vamike
May I ask who wrote the book that creationism is based on? Was it God or Man? Was it Man inspired by God? This book you reference is the Christian Bible? Do you believe the Bible is the literal word of God?

You reference this book as an authoritative source because many people believe it. You continually say the Big Bang is a theory, which is correct. It is, however, a theory with testable predictions. It only takes one failure in a theory to render it incorrect. The Big Bang theory may ultimately be proven incorrect but it is rooted in science not belief. If two or more believe 2 plus 2 is 5 does that make it correct?

Concerning worldwide floods, you understand the Earth has experienced numerous ice ages. The ebb and flow of these ice ages have shaped the landscape. Large boulders sit in Central Park, NYC, deposited by ice sheets.

Science makes predictions and is testable. Creationism relies on belief. When two or more are gathered anything is possible.
Posted by Smarticle01 2 years ago
Smarticle01
What facts you just said The Big Bang created all the matter in the world thats not a fact. And the Big Bang is not a fact as I said earlier thats why I said its called a theory.
Posted by Vamike 2 years ago
Vamike
You cannot argue with facts.
Posted by Vamike 2 years ago
Vamike
Time is a human experience. Humans created the concept of time just as the Big Bang created all the matter in the universe.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 2 years ago
Chaosism
Smarticle01Pickle11Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither participant supported their arguments very well. (i.e., cited sources, looked up information) as everything was pretty much a bare assertion. Pro's arguments relied on the Bible and did not refute Con's rebuttal of its validity. Con did not refute or counter Pro's rebuttal to the Big Bang Theory. Con said "a mountain of facts", but did not provide any and would have won the debate had he cited some credible sources.