SacredBread
Sunfire315

Where do you stand on gay Marriages?

SacredBread

SacredBread

Pro

I believe it should be legal because i have lot's of friends. It's not a choice on what your sexual position is, You cant control the urge, Im not saying im gay, im straight. But they cant help themselves. They deserve the same rights we have.
Sunfire315

Con

I am against Gay marriage because it subverts the purpose of marriage, which is to produce and raise children. People can control their urges; it's what separates us from animals. I m not saying that homosexuals are animals; we are all humans made in the image of God, albeit each with our own personal flaws. We may not be able to choose our sexual orientation, but even if you are gay it is your choice and your choice alone whether or not you will act on your sexual urges. being homosexual in and of itself is not sinful in any way shape or form; it is actually "doing the deed" which is sinful.
SacredBread

Pro

I agree to that, but I have several gay friends who even they agree that they cant control the urge. 99% Of men cant control their urges. Two historical times can support my Evidence. The samurais and Spartans Encouraged homosexuality.
Sunfire315

Con

Sunfire315 forfeited this round.
SacredBread

Pro

Sunfire315

Con

People can control their urges. It might be hard, but its not impossible. People are not robots; we have free will. Everybody likes to say "they couldn't control themselves" as an excuse for something stupid they did. But is this ever really the case?
Posted by Sunfire315 1 year ago
Sunfire315
Dawkins confuses a mind with a minds ideas.
Posted by Sunfire315 1 year ago
Sunfire315
I think it is funny that your favorite book by far is the God delusion. Its "central argument" is frankly terrible.

"1. One of the greatest challenges to the human intellect has been to explain how the complex, improbable appearance of design in the universe arises.

2. The natural temptation is to attribute the appearance of design to actual design itself.

3. The temptation is a false one because the designer hypothesis immediately raises the larger problem of who designed the designer.

4. The most ingenious and powerful explanation is Darwinian evolution by natural selection.

5. We don't have an equivalent explanation for physics.

6. We should not give up the hope of a better explanation arising in physics, something as powerful as Darwinism is for biology.

Therefore, God almost certainly does not exist."

Even if all six premises were true, the conclusion does not follow. It only would disprove the argument from biological complexity, but it does not even accomplish that simple goal. Premise 3 is extremely objectionable because God is "absolutely simple", as Thomas Aquinas put it. A mind is relatively simple compared to the vast complexities of our universe, and positing a mind as the source of this design is definitely an advance in simplicity.
Posted by Sunfire315 1 year ago
Sunfire315
There is if theism is true.
Posted by SkepticalAtheist 1 year ago
SkepticalAtheist
Sunfire315 committed a naturalism fallacy in his first paragraph. There is no reason why not using something's original intention makes it bad. There is no reason that you represented as to why stopping gay marriage would make any difference to any reason Sunfire315 thinks its bad.
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
SacredBreadSunfire315Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture