Saro
TripDebates

Whether America should go to war in Iraq or not?

Saro

Pro

I personally think that America should go to war in Iraq due to the fact that ISIS is spreading like fire and if we wait any longer it will be too late to stop them. Also everyone needs to take into consideration about how many countries depend and trust America to destroy ISIS. As one of the superpowers we need to be able to show other countries that we will not turn our backs on them. As a matter of fact we need to prove to other countries that we have the most powerful military by starting to show more action in Iraq. Doing this only makes people like us more. As the most powerful country we can sit back and watch thousands of people be slaughtered by a terrorist group that has values that are the exact opposite of the world's.
TripDebates

Con

If the US were to attack millions of civilians would die. Think what happened last time we attacked what came out of that disastrous mission? Americans lives gone. My evidence which you should read is here: http://nationalinterest.org... Now we must remember there is no "Save" button. The decision is not worth it and would not solve anything. There is no evidence that the world depends on America, as we are not superheroes. That is the UN and NATOS job as it consists of everybody. Most countries would not trust the USA to deal with Isis. Also the US will do nothing g anyways about ISIS and people realize this and are taking matters into there own hands. http://teapartyupdate.com... While ISIS is spreading the US is doing nothing to stop it. By not allowing innocent refugees into our country that is supposed to be based on equality and freedom (which they are denying the refugees) this allows terrorists groups to pick them up and forcefully make them join there ranks, or they will be slaughtered and left to there own gods to judge them. Also you have shown no evidence for your invalid claims that everybody wants us to attack Iraq. That will not make people think we have a stronger military as terrorists now this that is why they can't attack us upfront. The hole point of terrorism is too scare us into making bad choices as in a head on fight would be there demise.

terrorism
[ter-uh-riz-uh m]
noun
1.
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
2.
the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
Definitions by: http://dictionary.reference.com...

If the US makes a poor decisions that they will regret, i.e attacking Iraq out of the blue, they can expect retaliation and a mess on there hands. That would be a real reason why ISIS or other terrorist groups can spread. Here is a statement from one of the most important and influential countries of the United Nations, Russia. "Should Anything Happen to Iran " This Will Be a Direct Threat to Our National Security" This may or may not cause something truly bad that will require exigent military action. It would cause a military war between US and Russia causing a nuclear war and starting world war 3 which could be the end of life on earth as we know it. Here are my sources which are all creditable:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com...
http://www.valuewalk.com...
Also the US attacking Iraq is not topical. What is more relevant, a million US and Iraqi lives or letting all hell of bombs slaughtered them lighting it up like the forth if July? Exactly, putting civilian lives first is what we do and how we do it. That is why we are respected and attacking Iraq will gain nothing, but lose lives and what America has tried so much to earn. Respect. My source is here:http://www.defenseone.com...

Here is a perfect definition of the world respect and why we strive for it:
Respect
noun
1.
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
"the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor"
synonyms:esteem, regard, high opinion, admiration, reverence, deference, honor
"the respect due to a great artist"
2.
a particular aspect, point, or detail.
"the government's record in this respect is a mixed one"
synonyms:aspect, regard, facet, feature, way, sense, particular, point, detail
"the report was accurate in every respect"
verb
1.
admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
"she was respected by everyone she worked with"
synonyms:esteem, admire, think highly of, have a high opinion of, hold in high regard, hold in (high) esteem, look up to, revere, reverence, honor
"she is highly respected in the book industry"

My opponent has made not a single valid claim and not even one with evidence. He also has no case and I am all of that. Con should win as it has evidence and reasoning. Along with many credible sources and arguments. In conclusion, I am disagreeing with the rant "America Should Go To Iraq" because there is many arguments against it and the impact of gaining something for attacking innocent civilians is nothing compared to human lives and freedoms. That is why you should vote for Con. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read through all of my sources and seeing why attacking Iraq is a terrible idea and for voting for con. I would also like to thank my opponent for helping me increase my knowledge and help my debate career. Have a good day, ~Trip
Saro

Pro

First off, the US in not going to attack an area where there are millions of civilians. IF we do we can leave a bad impression on the world. What the US can do is attack parts of Iraq where ISIS has complete control of by carpet bombing them. When I say carpet bomb I mean doing about 500 air strikes a day which in my opinion will slow ISIS down unlike now when we are dong about 13-40 airstrikes a day which is not enough to sow ISIS down. You also need to take into consideration on the amount of places ISIS has attacked like Paris, America (California), Turkey, Cairo Embassy, Russian airplane, Tunisia Beach, Egypt, and Yemen. My EVIDENCE is here in case you wanted to check http://www.nytimes.com...
Earlier on when you gave the definition of terrorism you said that it mean't "the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization" don't you think that there is more than enough terrorization going on with ISIS around. By far ISIS has been the biggest and most deadliest terrorist group in the world. My EVIDENCE is http://nationalinterest.org...
If you are telling me that we should just sit back and watch the most deadliest terrorist group spread like fire and are planning to attack many other countries that are on their top hit list then you obviously are not thinking about the strategy that is going to be needed in order to stop ISIS when you just say that we will are going to go in and kill millions of civilians. This obviously means that you are not thinking about using strategy. I will guarantee to you that America is not just going to go in and kill millions of civilians when they know that there are millions of civilians. What happened back in Iraq was a whole other story but now this is an even bigger story.
TripDebates

Con

TripDebates forfeited this round.
Saro

Pro

Saro forfeited this round.
TripDebates

Con

TripDebates forfeited this round.
Posted by TripDebates 1 year ago
TripDebates
He should forfeit before my onslaught begins.