Whether Apple is Better Than Microsoft
For my argument, my proposition will simply be as simple as one would expect antithetical to your's: Apple is NOT better than Microsoft based on the reasons you made in the thesis. As such, I'll simply skip right to a rebuttal.
However, you've either failed to put forth an argument that works in favor of your thesis, or you've failed to make it clear how your argument works in favor of your thesis.
Seemingly, you're implying that having an "amazing amount of products" in comparison to Microsoft means that Apple has "increased user-friendlyness and unique functions." I'm not sure how. I think you'd best clarify this in your next round.
Also, you expressed the idea that Microsoft "hasnt made a worthwhile leap since windows vista," which is very false. Worthwhile (which is pronounced /G2;wərTHG2;(h)wīl/ and is an Adjective, in case you wanted to know for whatever reason) denotes that it must be worth either the effort, time, or money. So, since you said it's not worth the money, the only one of those that can really be quantified in any way valuable to this debate, I decided to see what the market seems to be implying.
"Windows 7 helped drive Microsoft to record revenue during its fiscal third quarter, with profits increasing by more than a third versus a year ago." Record revenue. With profits being in the billions, while the loss probably being somewhere in the mere millions.
And that's just Windows 7. Since the release of Windows 7 in 2009, we've had Halo 4, the Kinect, the all in one XBOX, Metro, and that's just to name a few.
So far, your argument doesn't seem very well informed and doesn't seem to be working in favor of your thesis at all.
Simply so this isn't JUST a rebuttal, I'd just like to say that Apple did try something much like Microsoft's XBOX all in one setup known as the Apple TV. There are plenty of reviews, but here's a quick, fair review weighing both the Pros and Cons of both VERY evenly. You can look up your own reviews, but I PROMISE you that this one isn't blatantly biased. Long story short, XBOX wins, despite the price.
"I rest my case."
I hope you realize that there are still two rounds remaining. However, if it really is your intention to simply end your arguing there, I believe you'll be leaving me very confused. So, you're arguing two things. Simply so I may understand what you're saying, I will list all the claims.
What the Almighty Apple Products Have the Capacity To Do
Now, my opponent is arguing that Apple is progressed ahead of Microsoft in two categories. I will now rebut all the functions in both these two compartmentalizations, created by Pro (thus, having me argue what Pro is telling me to argue).
1) A Mac's immunity to viruses is not quantifiably better than any of Microsoft's OSs.
2) Microsoft's Windows has UAC, which can disallow you to run programs if you tell it to beforehand. Most people don't. Because it's redundant. I believe that my opponent may also be referring to Sandboxing. I know tons of Sandbox applications available for Windows. In fact, here's one.
3) Wh-? I don't even think I need a source for this. Everyone get out their phone right now. Does it have a silent switch? Does it have volume controls? The answer for most of you will be yes, even if you don't have an Apple phone. I really don't know how my opponent got the idea that this is a unique function to Apple products.
1) According to my opponent, it's security is just stopping you from running programs. That's not what's conventionally called User Friendly.
2) See 1.
3) Although this is a User Friendly function, it's not any more User Friendly than a silent switch on a Windows phone or any other phone.
Rebutting the Rebuttal
Now, my opponent states that "Windows 7 and 8 have made most of their profits out of laptops that ONLY come with Windows 7/8 and/or PC games" which actually doesn't rebut my point at all. This is a random tabloid fact that has no relevance to my argument. As such, I think it should be governed that it be disregarded.
BAZINGA0802 forfeited this round.
I'm not one for hasty assumptions, but I believe my opponent may have just given up...
BAZINGA0802 forfeited this round.
Wow, I...I guess my opponent wasn't kidding with "I rest my case."
Ummm...Vote Con! :D
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||6|