SitaraPorDios
Kidrobot9

Whether homosexuality is wrong or not is a religious question that will never be settled.

SitaraPorDios

SitaraPorDios

Pro

My statement is this: the main arguments against homosexuality are religious. Who is right and who is wrong? Who wins the right to force their beliefs on other people? Jews? Christians? Muslims? How about any one of the many schools of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism)? How about Buddhism? My point is if we open up the door for the government to get involved in a religious debate, we open the possibility for a theocratic dictatorship.
Kidrobot9

Con

I feel that with a newer generation coming into the world . This newer generation is more accepting no matter what religion they are. I do not feel that homosexuality will be accepted across the world. But I feel it will be accepted in most countries. Including the USA so I feel like the government will not even have to do anything. Because people are getting more and more accepting. My example is from 21 Jump Street when Channing Tatum Punches a gay kid in the face and everyone is angry at him. Society is becoming less and less religious.
SitaraPorDios

Pro

I wish you were right. So many religious conservatives continue to whine about gays having rights. "Why do they force their lifestyle on us" "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" "gays cannot have children" "why do they choose to be gay" and other random fallacies.
Kidrobot9

Con

religion is becoming less and less important everyday. I am religious my self. But once again this new generation is to accepting. Once all the old timers die. This country will be run by the new generation of maybe a more accepting religion
SitaraPorDios

Pro

You are too optimistic though. I feel like things are getting worse.
Kidrobot9

Con

I disagree people are accepting towards gays and other religions in this modern era.
SitaraPorDios

Pro

Tell that to gays living in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, parts of India, some part of Africa, and so on. We have a long way to go.
Kidrobot9

Con

Like I have stated before. I am not sure if all the world will ever except gays. But i know for a fact that a lot of countries will be fine with it. including the USA
SitaraPorDios

Pro

SitaraPorDios forfeited this round.
Kidrobot9

Con

Kidrobot9 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by bsh1 4 years ago
bsh1
SitaraPorDiosKidrobot9Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that gay's should have equal rights, but as to who won the arguments, that's more difficult. So, there are two questions inherent in the topic: (1) is gay rights an issue of religion, and (2) if it is, can it be answered? I think, based on the construction of the topic, that the first issue is a prerequisite to the second, i.e. if gay rights isn't a matter of religion then a Con vote is in order, even if gay rights can't be settled. However, I feel that both debaters sort of doged that part of the debate, and I don't think either really persuaded me much on that issue. The first issue is therefore a tie, and, since burden of proof seems to be joint as no one specifies, I will look to issue two to see who I thought won. (If burden of proof went to Pro to show gay rights is a religious issue, Con would've won; however, no one tells me that it is Pro's sole burden to do that.) Sitara seems to just edge out Con here--if gay rights is a religious issue, there's no way to solve.