ItsOver9000
ohlesdoit

Whether or not high school should be required education

ItsOver9000

Pro

Students will not have learned enough by the end of middle school to be ready for life's challenges and obstacles. Students learn valuable life skills in high school that will prepare them for life. These are a couple of reasons why i strongly urge a pro vote on this case. I will be going into more detail later. Thank you
ohlesdoit

Con

High school should not be required for education because most information taught to a student is from grades Kindergarden to 8th grade. That is 14 years of education. Especially since some students from high school dont even graduate, so what is the point of going an extra 4 yrs? High school should be an option for students who want to continue their education. Forcing students isnt a solution. But Instead, the solution is for the students to make life decisions that they will learn from as they mature.
Therefore, high school should not be required.
ItsOver9000

Pro

I would first like to start off by noting that my opponent claimed that grades k-8 added up to 14 years of education. This is not true. I would also like to add that his claim that you learn everything in grades k-8 is not true. Some very valuable learning experiences come in high school. Such as health/careers class.
ohlesdoit

Con

First off, I stand corrected. My apologies.
But to stay on topic my opponent states that you can learn valuable lessons in high school. Such as health and other career classes. As you can see these classes are not really necessary. As an example, Health class lessons can be simply learned at home, or in from fellow citizens. The point is why spend more money on things that can be taught at home?
And to come back to my arguement, High school should be optional. If students were to choose if they didnt want an education, then students who do want an education will have classes with out disruptions or be influenced by those students. This would also improve high schools education and standards.

Thank you for being patient and vote for con.
ItsOver9000

Pro

ItsOver9000 forfeited this round.
ohlesdoit

Con

ohlesdoit forfeited this round.