BUZZARD37
vmpire321

Whether or not the U.S. should attempt to enforce democracy on other countries.

vmpire321

BUZZARD37

Con

To begin with, I will first await someone to challenge me, as long as they put the first argument and let me finish.
1) Accept-first argument
2-4) More Arguments
5) I say the last argument, opponent concludes challenge, voting begins.
vmpire321

Pro

I look forward to this debate... Before I start, I shall state some rules that I think should be implemented. CON may post in the comments section if he wants any changes.

1. No Ad Hominem
2. No Forfeiting without Prior Notice
3. No Plagiarism
4. Have Fun :D

==Definitions==
As the affirmation, I reserve the right to define the resolution.

I believe that the following resolution is the resolution that the Contender was trying to communicate:

Resolved : The U.S. should attempt to enforce democracy on other countries.

I define....

"Should attempt to" as: To make an effort at
"Enforce " As: To Support or Urge
"Democracy" As : A government by the people. A form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
"On other countries" as : States that are not currently under democratic rule.

==Arguments==

1. U.S. Pressure Necessary-
According to Liz Cheney, on the Intelligence Squared Debates, on September 28, 2007, when outside countries like the U.S. soften their calls for freedom and democratic changes, this emboldens the oppressive regimes to continue their dominant controls over their people. This means without the U.S.’s help, these leaders will continue to oppress the people, destroying the lives of millions of people around the world; especially young women and girls.

2. Improved Economic Prosperity and Decreased War Chances -
According to The Belfer Center Studies in International Security (Harvard), in March 1998, democratic governments share power and business opportunities through market economies resulting in more investments from overseas. More trade means more prosperity and reduces risks of war, as trade partners are less likely to war with each other.

3. Required in Order to Keep Democratic Supporters -
According to the American Heritage Foundation, February 9, 2011, unwillingness to make a strong public commitment to the U.S. tradition of advancing human rights and democracy sent a negative signal to supporters of democracy across the globe, especially those risking their lives for the cause. By not strengthening our support of democracies, we hurt democratic activists.

4. Reduced Political Violence -
According to Belfer Center Studies in International Security (Harvard University), March 1998, democracies are less likely to use violence against their own people due to the fact that the government transfers power peacefully through elections and if the leaders want re-election they must not hurt people. The power of the politician lies in his ability to keep his popularity with the people of that nation, and killing/harming innocent people will not support his/her cause. Democratic governments are completely responsive to the public.

5. Universal Value-
Democracy is commonly seen as a universal value among societies and cultures. No religion condemns the idea of allowing the people have a fair say in which how they are ruled.

6. Less Wars -
Democracies tend to go to less wars, as wars tend to put their youth at risk. As I stated before, democracies must listen to the people, and if the people are calling for less wars - then the government will obey. In addition, authoritarian governments have nothing holding them back, and tend to attempt to use wars as a diversion from the failure of their regime, such as corruption, oppression, and lowering economies. It is needless to say that by promotion democracy and lowering the amount of wars, we are doing something in the best interest of America and the nations abroad.

7. Open Economies -
Once again relating back to what I said previously, democracies listen to their people and try to keep them happy. Simply put, politicians try their best at promoting and increasing wealth and trade. Democracies tend to have more open economies and free trade, and more nations following this example will result in a increase in global economies. Given our current state, need I say more?

8. Fighting Terrorism -
What tends to cause terrorism? Anger, poverty, and dissent often push people towards terrorist groups. Democracies lower these root causes, and decrease terrorism as a result. Furthermore, democracies are more likely to support America's War on Terrorism, as support for America increases due to our contributions to them.

==========

With this, I draw my arguments to a conclusion. Vote PRO and support democracy.

I await Con's response. ;D

BUZZARD37

Con

BUZZARD37 forfeited this round.
vmpire321

Pro

Arguments Extended. Vote PRO
BUZZARD37

Con

BUZZARD37 forfeited this round.
vmpire321

Pro

Hmm. Apparently my opponent has left DDO...

Extend my arguments...
BUZZARD37

Con

I want to thank pro for his arguments, as they are good and I will use them in a speech I have due in January. I merely played con so my opponent could give me more arguments and info. I did leave DDO for a bit and am a bit dismayed that pro didn't add more.
Good Night
vmpire321

Pro

Arguments Extended...

===

Hmm. From what I could tell, CON created this debate with the intent to steal arguments from me. Vote PRO...
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
lol >.<' Apparently Buzzard doesn't use DDO anymore...
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Ahh, teenage drama. Fun to listen to(or in this case read), not to be in.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
See what the problem here is you two are not being FRIENDS. Vamp, I see you say in your profile that you would like a Friendship. and This BUZZARD character, I am sure you would like friends too yes?

Lol That was my counselling, you like? ^_^
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
Of course. The person who is pointing fingers and saying I'm a stalker, reads through my summaries. Amazing.
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
*sigh* Did you not even see it? I've said in the past, that if you really believe that I am a stalker, you can challenge me to a debate on it and we'll see.

I won't exist in a hour? o.0?

Now, you claim that half an hour makes you incompetent? I'm not always on DDO - I have other things I need to do.
Posted by BUZZARD37 5 years ago
BUZZARD37
Plus, you wrote on your profile that you like the Twilight series. I think you saying is proof enough. Besides, if you want to look good on the internet, don't take half and hour to rspond.
Posted by BUZZARD37 5 years ago
BUZZARD37
Which challenge? You accepting all of my debates or you trying to think of an insult? It doesn't matter, for me, you won't even exist in an hour.
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
LMFAO. Were did you get the idea I was a twilight fan? And furthermore, whether or not I am a twilight fan, it shouldn't matter in these circumstances. You made a claim, and I challenged it. You failed to respond, which suggests that you conceded and backed off. Now, you're bringing it up again?
Posted by BUZZARD37 5 years ago
BUZZARD37
Are you implying that I am forced to take on random twilight fans debates? I have better things to do, and yes, I can just time out.
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
You claim that you backed it up. A while back, I stated that if you really meant it, you would challenge me to a debate on it... You did not.

Now, when I questioned your use of "Time Out", I wasn't questioning the meaning - that I know. But rather, I was implying that on DDO, you cannot simply "time out".....

Apparently, you cannot process deeper meanings, but rather you can only see the tip of the iceberg.
Vote Placed by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro literally won everything, so this is not an unfair vote bomb, lol.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ....
Vote Placed by logicrules 5 years ago
logicrules
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Vote based not on arguments but behavior. Peo's arguments, and sources, were specious.
Vote Placed by jm_notguilty 5 years ago
jm_notguilty
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: JVB
Vote Placed by JakeBoatman96 5 years ago
JakeBoatman96
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Isn't it obvious? Really Con?
Vote Placed by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: At least I didnt VBOMB this thing?
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
BUZZARD37vmpire321Tied
Reasons for voting decision: lol con used u