scottsc20
HSamei1999

Which Gender Is Better?

HSamei1999

scottsc20

Pro

Men rule.
HSamei1999

Con

I disagree, and claim that women are better than men in more aspects, not necessarily all. After all, lets remember that none of us would be here if it wasnt for both our parents, but more our mother than our father since he didn't have to bear the same hardship.
scottsc20

Pro

While my mother is an amazing person, and I really love and respect her, I believe that in general, men are better than women, as they are stronger, smarter, braver, and cool.
HSamei1999

Con

Your stereotype is simply amusing. Please view this image of a guy and tell me how strong, brave or cool he is. Yes he may appear smart at first sight but smart people do not need to study as much as he is studying because they would already know it. (Since this argument is in the entertainment category, I figured it would be unfair if I didn't put anything funny, but since you go off with reason then I'll show you why)

Coming back to a more serious tone, women are still better than men. Your generalization assumes that women are all weak, dumb, cowards, and uncool. This is false because there are a lot of women who are extremely strong and fit. In fact, a lot of women that I know are way stronger than me, and most average guys too. Some women are smarter than guys and are braver too. They are really cool too.

First to prove that they are strong I will show you instances of a pretty strong woman (who is stronger than the nerd boy Joe up top, because he simply can do nothing). According to this research, women have the same muscular potential as men, but just start of with less muscular mass [1]. This is countered by a greater amount of muscle protein synthesis in women, so you really can't say either are stronger. My conclusion is that strength is not something ingrained in either gender as women have stronger individuals than some males. Unless of course you think nerd boy Joe can take on my world class weight-lifter, you cant generalize that guys are stronger than girls.

Then to prove they are not dumb, I can point to women all around the world who outshine most others in education. For example, when I was in Bangladesh, girls aspired after their studies more passionately then guys. The typical guy would veer off into sport and so the stereotype was actually the complete opposite. Since traditionally guys do more physical work often in that country, women became the people who study and become generally smarter. To prove that this is not only just my personal experience, this research shows the increasing trend of Smart Women in Bangladesh [2] .

Moving on to your claim that men are braver, I want to inquire you regarding Joan of Arc. This women was born to a peasant family in France. From age 13 she was said to have visions and hear voices saying that she was to save France from it's enemies. Forget about being a girl, any 13 year old would be afraid to fight against armed men known to kill people who were a stronger force than the French army. This girl however was nowhere close to afraid. At the age of 16, she addressed Prince Charles of Valois and he gave her an army which she herself led to besiege the city of Orleans. She defeated the English and Burgundians, as a 16 year old girl. I do not know of any guy who did anything like that who led the way to a revolution and reclamation of land at the age of 16. She was not long lived however, as 3 years later at 1431, she was burned at the stake after being captured by Burgundian forces. She is a national hero of France and someone the nation owes even its existence to [3].

As for being cool, girls don't need to even try. By definition, cool is a word expressing acceptance or admiration [4]. This is not something that is particular to guys, as according to the population trend worldwide [5], the percentage of girls are about 49.6% while guys are about 50.4%. What this means is that as there are less women than men, they are more highly esteemed than men. This is supported by simple economics, as the less we have of something, the more it is worth. Hence, women would be what we admire as they are worth more, and consequently more cool.

To make my main argument, I could be saying a ton of things about girls that make them seem better than men, such that they look better, are more passionate (emotional drive), are more compassionate (kind), are more flexible (gymnastics) and so on, but none of that is inherently something that makes them a woman. None of the qualities you mentioned make someone a man (if you think they do then there's a lot of 'men' you wouldn't call men, and women you would). What my point is that, none of the characteristics defined are a given for any within the gender and so are unworthy to be a basis for comparison and there are both good and bad for each on each gender's side. With all the stereotypes out of the way there is only one universal between a man and a women.

The only real universal difference between men and women are their genitalia. Therefore the reason I say women are better is not something based on being innately smarter, or stronger, or prettier, or anything else, but on this very crucial difference. As I had mentioned before, I do not deny that the father and mother are both necessary for any individual to exist but assert that this crucial beginning of life that each of us had to have undergone came at a price. The pain experienced to give birth, and also the 9 month period that the child is in complete dependence of her makes this something that I would undoubtedly say that a woman have to go through for each of our existence. This is something no man can ever do and so I stand saying women are better than men, because they have done more for not just man or woman, but Humankind.

1. http://bayesianbodybuilding.com...
2. http://gencen.isp.msu.edu...
3. http://www.history.com...
4. http://dictionary.reference.com...
5. https://www.ined.fr...
scottsc20

Pro

I'm not saying women are dumb, in fact, there very smart. I'm not saying women are cowards, some are brave. I'm not saying there uncool, there pretty hot. But I believe at men have just a bit more of all 3. I'm not saying women are dumb, cowardly, or uncool. I simply believe men have a slight advantage to all 3.
HSamei1999

Con

Since I have already provided things contrary to all that, I will just summarize this debate in one picture to show what happened.

Guys aren't innately better, but woman are cause they do things no guys can. And the reason they can do so is because they're female.
Posted by HSamei1999 1 year ago
HSamei1999
That's basically what i did, but my sole intention in that was to say not all guys are stronger than women, and be funny while showing it too. Obviously there's a huge flaw in the way I presented it, but since it is comical and this is a debate for entertainment I thought why not.
Posted by BenJWasson 1 year ago
BenJWasson
Not hating on women or anything, but con was ridiculous. Comparing an acted picture from a search something like "nerd weak man" to a picture from a search something like "strongest woman weight lifter". Pro could have refuted that easily. I'd be glad to debate this same topic against Hsamei1999...
Posted by scottsc20 1 year ago
scottsc20
No, it's fine, your doing really good for being new here.
Posted by HSamei1999 1 year ago
HSamei1999
Sorry, i tried to make it funny, but i guess entertainment means it's supposed to be like a joke. My bad, I'm pretty new so I didn't know.
Posted by Reformist 1 year ago
Reformist
Con took this WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too seriously

This was in entertainment

Not philospophy, politics or people

Jeez
Posted by scottsc20 1 year ago
scottsc20
Yes, OnlineMissionary197, I know.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
Your gunna get a lot of hate. :P
Posted by Lsumichiganfan 1 year ago
Lsumichiganfan
Is 1st round acceptance?
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
scottsc20HSamei1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Only Con cited sources.
Vote Placed by diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid 1 year ago
diarrhea_of_a_wimpy_kid
scottsc20HSamei1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: the category was entertainment. Left opened with a benign statement that was neither supported nor entertaining. That theme continued throughout. I was very entertained by right's second argument. This provided humorous examples that followed a debate format of rebutting pro's argument. One does not need to create a completely serious argument to follow the proper forms. A debate could be over peanut butter vs jelly and still contains proper conduct. Right showed better evidence of women exceeding the criteria listed by left for male superiority. Weightlifter chick is hot, too.
Vote Placed by kkjnay 1 year ago
kkjnay
scottsc20HSamei1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ridiculous debate, I would assume if either one of you were actually trying to win this that you would argue that neither gender is superior in all aspects.
Vote Placed by RavenDebater 1 year ago
RavenDebater
scottsc20HSamei1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate's entire premise is flawed and totally ignores individuality. The use of stock photos is a nice touch, but I feel like being irritating. So while I am actually voting, I'll keep every category at a tie. Enjoy.