SeventhProfessor
sakskidz

Which actor played Batman the best (live action or cartoon)?

SeventhProfessor

Pro

I will let my opponent pick first. First round is for acceptance and naming your Batman actor only.
sakskidz

Con

I will accept and say Michael Keaton
SeventhProfessor

Pro

Michael Keaton is an interesting choice. I shall choose not Christian Bale, Adam West, Val Kilmer, nor George Clooney. My choice as the best Batman is Joe Walker. I believe that Joe Walker is able to take the best out of all of the other actors and the comic. If you want to watch a fun, comedic Batman, you'd probably go for either Walker or West. For a dark, serious Batman go with Bale or Walker. For a Batman that starred in something that made plenty of comic book fans get mad, go for Clooney or Walker. Joe Walker's Batman was an excellent mixture of every other actor's positive points, plus he did it all while singing.

I look forward to my opponent's rebuttal.
sakskidz

Con

Michael Keaton stepped in to portray Batman properly- dark and brutal. Keaton portrays Batman very well, moving and speaking as Batman should, and is believably threatening. Though some elements such as Batman killing, some slight campiness and his somewhat out of shape look when not wearing the Batsuit makes his portrayal not as loyal to the comics as it could.
SeventhProfessor

Pro

"Michael stepped in to portray Batman properly- dark and brutal."

Joe Walker's Batman was incredibly dark and brutal, except in a way that is extremely reliant on the story line. He starts off as dark and finding joy in it, then Superman out flies his plane which reminds him that he is just as human as, say, the commissioner, and falls into a depression. When Robin, as portrayed by Nick Lang, joins him, he turns into a happy, somewhat campy Batman, not unlike Adam West's. When Sweet Tooth takes Robin, Batman's true dark side is shown, and it is honestly the only time I have ever felt fear when watching any Batman.

"Keaton portrays Batman very well, moving and speaking as Batman should, and is believably threatening."

I never felt threatened by Keaton in the role, or any other actor for that matter, until I saw Walker in "Holy Musical, B@man!"

"Though some elements such as Batman killing, some slight campiness and his somewhat out of shape look when not wearing the Batsuit makes his portrayal not as loyal to the comics as it could."

Being completely honest, I can say that Walker had all of these problems as well. His Batman wasn't exactly trigger-happy, but his murder of Sweet Tooth was shocking.
sakskidz

Con

Yeah but walker was a musical batman it's too goofy having batman "the dark knight" turn into the dark but musical knight