FEARTHEGHUS
Mike_Smith

Which franchise has helped the world more? STAR TREK or Star Wars? I am a TREKIE!

FEARTHEGHUS
Started: 3/18/2014 Category: Technology

FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

PRO (me) is for star trek while con (other/person who is wrong) lol is star wars.

this debate is about whether star wars or star trek has contributed more to humanity. In this case it's mostly about tech but is also about phylosophy and intelegence gain. THIS IS WHY I BASICALLY KNOW THIS IS RIGGED. Star Trek is made for intelegent people and star wars is a sifi fantacy movie based on action and adventure.

First round is acceptance, and an opening speech for your side of the arguement, my opening speech will come first in the second round.

OPENING SPEECH MUST HAVE NO PROOF OR SOURCES, NO EVIDENCE OR ANY DEBATING. The opening statment is to tell them why you're here and that you're here.

2: first arguements

3: rebutals/more arguments

4:counter-rebutals, fixing arguements, and the last arguements

5: closing statement. I (going first) will be able to make one last rebutal but since i can't debate your rebutal you cannot. So that it's fair as in first man in last man out So i get to farirly counter every one of yours the same way as you get to counter mine.

Mike_Smith

Con

star wars has helped the world more because without star wars we would not have a conceptof cool weapons and star ships, far better than star trek that everyone thinks is noobs because they do Nothing on the scale of what star wars does heck we faught two wars in all the movies and it was awesome and in all the shows of trek they did nothing of vital importance thus the world has learned more about space and conflict from star wars than star treck.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

DEBATE IS FORFEITED AND I WON. I have already won via a forfeit since I must redue this debate, con did not ask like I requested and therefore lost. Star Trek has better design, and I was talking about the real world, the first flip phones that started the idea of phones other than telagrams (basicly started the better era of tech) came from kirk's communicator. The triquarter is being made even now, cloaking devises are being researched, phasers exist, and goerdie's visor is being made today.
Mike_Smith

Con

Mike_Smith forfeited this round.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Mike_Smith

Con

Mike_Smith forfeited this round.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Mike_Smith

Con

Mike_Smith forfeited this round.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Mike_Smith

Con

Mike_Smith forfeited this round.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
did both my debates in the same day. if i lose that's on the voters. This debate does not count any longer
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
mike smith already accepted without asking... WOW just WOW
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
ik I was saying that as a joke, sorry. Also how do I make it impossible to accept I am kinda new to this debate.org I have done debates before though and this speech is not an argument it's kind of like an acceptance speech.
Posted by DTSmember 2 years ago
DTSmember
S*#t just got real.
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
you know, if you want to choose your own challenger you can always make the debate impossible to accept.

Anyhow; you really should mind your conduct. People will give you points and starting the debate by saying that whoever accepts is wrong isn't a strong indicator that you'll get a conduct vote.

Also remember that an opening speech is the first arguments, it's a detailed case explaining why your case is correct fit with sources, evidence and arguments. an opening statement is the term you wanted to use, you even used it once.

Anywho; don't get overly arrogant. It's a bad habit.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
if you need clarification tell me here, PLZ DO NOT JOIN RANDOMLY YOU MUST ACCEPT IN THE COMMENTS AND I WILL CHOOSE ONE OF YOU SO MAKE A LITTLE BLURB OF WHY AND HOW YOU WILL BE DEBATING.
Vote Placed by bsh1 2 years ago
bsh1
FEARTHEGHUSMike_SmithTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits 4 times; Pro forfeits 3 times. Conduct, based on who committed the fewest forfeits, goes Pro. This could have been an awesome debate...but sadly it became a vacant hole in the universe that is DDO.