FEARTHEGHUS
hd1997

Which franchise has helped the world more? STAR TREK or Star Wars? I am a TREKIE!

FEARTHEGHUS
Started: 3/18/2014 Category: Technology

FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

I will say this again: DO NOT JOIN O ACCEPT THIS DEBATE WITHOUT MY CONCENT, if you want to join comment and tell me how you will debate/what/will/why you want to debate. I will say who i choose to go up, the problem is taht i can't get the acceptance settings to work so i can't make it impossible to accept

PRO (me) is for star trek while con (other/person who is wrong) lol is star wars.

this debate is about whether star wars or star trek has contributed more to humanity. In this case it's mostly about tech but is also about philosophy and intelligence gain. THIS IS WHY I BASICALLY KNOW THIS IS RIGGED. Star Trek is made for intelligent people and star wars is a sci fi fantasy movie based on action and adventure.

First round is acceptance, and an opening speech for your side of the argument, my opening speech will come first in the second round.

OPENING SPEECH MUST HAVE NO PROOF OR SOURCES, NO EVIDENCE OR ANY DEBATING. The opening statement is to tell them why you're here and that you're here.

2: first arguments

3: rebuttals/more arguments

4:counter-rebuttals, fixing arguments, and the last arguments

5: closing statement. I (going first) will be able to make one last rebuttal but since i can't debate your rebuttal you cannot. So that it's fair as in first man in last man out So i get to farirly counter every one of yours the same way as you get to counter mine.

DEBATE IS FORFEITED AND I WON. I have already won via a forfeit since I must redo this debate, con did not ask like I requested and therefore lost. Star Trek has better design, and I was talking about the real world, the first flip phones that started the idea of phones other than telegrams (basically started the better era of tech) came from kirk's communicator. The tricorder is being made even now, cloaking devices are being researched, phasers exist, and geordi's visor is being made today.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE AN ARGUMENT LIKE THIS ONE!!!: star wars has helped the world more because without star wars we would not have a conceptof cool weapons and star ships, far better than star trek that everyone thinks is noobs because they do Nothing on the scale of what star wars does heck we faught two wars in all the movies and it was awesome and in all the shows of trek they did nothing of vital importance thus the world has learned more about space and conflict from star wars than star treck.

hd1997

Con

I say star wars because it has been a round longer
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

i won because this person who accepted did not listen to my point, she came on without consent. Also star trek has been around for far longer than star wars, you know that little and it almost hurts me.

hd1997

Con

Well I think that startreck is stupid and point less It should not have been on in the first place
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

if you want to see the real debate then check my newest one with ozzyhead he's accepted it and followed the rules.
hd1997

Con

Star Wars was born in cinemas while Star Trek only made the leap to feature films two years after Star Wars forever changed blockbuster filmmaking. After Return of the Jedi, the Star Wars franchise took a 16 year hiatus but Star Trek kept steadily churning out film after film. Now the count stands at 11 Star Trek Films to 6 Star Wars films. Despite Star Trek"s strength in numbers it appears the academy favours the consistently top tier FX and production values of Star Wars: the Skywalker saga has earned 25 Academy Award Nominations and won 10. Comparatively, Star Trek has 14 nominations and 1 win.
Read more at http://whatculture.com...
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
hd1997

Con

"Ever since that fateful day on May 25 1977 when George Lucas unleashed his box office juggernaut, Star Wars, a deep schism opened in geekdom: on one side Trekkies, fans of scifi that provides food for thought, tribbles, Vulcans and Klingons, and on the other side Star Wars fanatics, fans of operatic whizz-bang action, lightsabers and the Force.
Both camps claim their franchise king of scifi. Trekkies trumpet their property"s use of scifi tropes to explore contentious questions of morality, ethics, and progress while lambasting Star Wars for being the stuff of Saturday morning cartoons. On the other side, Star Wars fans champion their property"s ability to tap into a mythic quality that speaks to deep archetypes in western culture while providing escapist popcorn fair of the highest calibre and criticized Star Trek for delivering ham-fisted social commentary in trite scifi morality tales. The battle lines had been drawn and it seemed that nothing could unify the warring factions until one man entered the battlefield: J. J. Abrams.
In 2009 J.J. Abrams shot a much needed dose of adrenaline into the flatlining Star Trek franchise with his mega-hit reboot. Abrams infused Star Trek with a populist filmmaking sensibility that appealed to a mass audience and reintroduced Trek to a public that had cooled on the series. Meanwhile, the Star Wars franchise, once the prequel trilogy had run its course, seemed dead in the water. George Lucas completed his saga (for better or worse) and appeared to finally lay Star Wars to rest. And then the unexpected happened: George Lucas sold Star Wars to Disney. Shortly after, Disney announced its plans to continue the series with a brand new trilogy.
The internet exploded with speculation and rumours about which director would receive the daunting task of taking the reigns of one of the highest grossing franchise ever. When the dust settled, one man picked up the gauntlet: J. J. Abrams. With Abrams at the helm of both franchises it appears that the strife between Trekkies and Star Wars fans may finally come to an end. Will Abrams inspire an unprecedented fanbase crossover, bringing the fans he"s won over from Star Trek to his new rendition of Star Wars?
Before this can happen I hope to answer the question that gave rise to the conflict to begin with: which is better, Star Trek or Star Wars? Being a fan of both series I can relate to both sides of the argument so I"ll try to keep it as unbiased as possible. We"ll make the franchises go head to head in four categories, winner takes all.
Who will emerge victorious? Read on to find out.

1. Awards
header-the-ultimate-star-wars-vs-star-trek-infographic (1)
One of the best measures of success is the accolades of your peers. No matter how little credibility awards ceremonies like the Emmys or Oscars may have in the eyes of the fans, these awards signify the respect of the professionals working in the mediums that Star Wars and Star Trek traffic in. So lets break down the numbers:
Oscar Count:
Advantage: Star Wars.
Emmys:
Star Wars may dominate the movies but Star Trek trounces it on the small screen. Star Trek boasts five live action television and one animated series while Star Wars has produced only three animated series and one of the worst television specials of all-time, the universally reviled Star Wars Holiday Special. The Emmys paid tribute to Star Trek on numerous occasions awarding the series 31 statues. Compare that to the Star Wars franchises" 0 Emmys and we have a clear winner.
Advantage: Star Trek
No one can call either property a slouch in the awards department but Star Trek"s award advantage comes from a medium Star Wars hasn"t saturated to nearly the same extent. When comparing awards in the same medium, movies, Star Wars has won more statues with less films.
Winner: Star Wars"

Read more at http://whatculture.com...
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
hd1997

Con

starwars forever
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
ik i will
Posted by Ozzyhead 2 years ago
Ozzyhead
Go to my profile and hit Challenge to a Debate, then it will work
Posted by oculus_de_logica 2 years ago
oculus_de_logica
Before you start the next debate open the advanced options of the opponent field and set the values to something that you can be sure nobody will be able to fulfill. for instance:
someone between the ages 93-94 that has completed 499-500 debates.

The odds of someone actually being able to accept are next to zero and you are free to later change the challenge and aim it at a specific debater later on.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
of course someone had to accept without reading, the debate is over before it began, sorry ozzy i really would have liked to debate this.
Posted by Jabuticaba 2 years ago
Jabuticaba
I challenged you, hd1997 to a debate about the Disney movie "frozen". I would very much enjoy if you accepted the challenge.
Posted by Ozzyhead 2 years ago
Ozzyhead
I will accept
Posted by Jifpop09 2 years ago
Jifpop09
Edit the debate, and allow no one to join without you're consent. Obviously new.
Vote Placed by KingHenrikLundqvist 2 years ago
KingHenrikLundqvist
FEARTHEGHUShd1997Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Com plagiarized, that is an automatic loss.