FEARTHEGHUS
Ozzyhead

Which franchise has helped the world more? STAR TREK or Star Wars? I am a TREKIE!

Ozzyhead
Started: 3/19/2014 Category: Technology

FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

PRO (me) is for star trek while con (other/person who is wrong) lol is star wars.

this debate is about whether star wars or star trek has contributed more to humanity. In this case it's mostly about tech but is also about philosophy and intelligence gain. THIS IS WHY I BASICALLY KNOW THIS IS RIGGED. Star Trek is made for intelligent people and star wars is a sci fi fantasy movie based on action and adventure.

First round is acceptance, and an opening speech for your side of the argument, my opening speech will come first in the second round.

OPENING SPEECH MUST HAVE NO PROOF OR SOURCES, NO EVIDENCE OR ANY DEBATING. The opening statement is to tell them why you're here and that you're here.

2: first arguments

3: rebuttals/more arguments

4:counter-rebuttals, fixing arguments, and the last arguments

5: closing statement. I (going first) will be able to make one last rebuttal but since i can't debate your rebuttal you cannot. So that it's fair as in first man in last man out So i get to farirly counter every one of yours the same way as you get to counter mine.

DEBATE IS FORFEITED AND I WON. I have already won via a forfeit since I must redo this debate, con did not ask like I requested and therefore lost. Star Trek has better design, and I was talking about the real world, the first flip phones that started the idea of phones other than telegrams (basically started the better era of tech) came from kirk's communicator. The tricorder is being made even now, cloaking devices are being researched, phasers exist, and geordi's visor is being made today.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE AN ARGUMENT LIKE THIS ONE!!!: star wars has helped the world more because without star wars we would not have a conceptof cool weapons and star ships, far better than star trek that everyone thinks is noobs because they do Nothing on the scale of what star wars does heck we faught two wars in all the movies and it was awesome and in all the shows of trek they did nothing of vital importance thus the world has learned more about space and conflict from star wars than star treck.

Ozzyhead

Con

I am glad to accept this debate.
I am here as a sci fi fan, as well as a Star Wars fan. I am also here because I have seen so many things in the world in the last few years I have been alive that makes me say "That looks like something out of Star Wars". I am also here to have a friendly debate.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

My opening argument:
Star Wars has helped the world more in several ways. One way overall is how Star Wars has inspired us in the best way to pursue inventions and weapons. For example, the light saber that was thought to be impossible to recreate has indeed been brought in to human life (according to the Harvard Gazette). Scientists at the Harvard-MIT Center for Ultracold Atoms have improbably coaxed photons into hardened molecules you could, in fact, whack against each other in, say, a Bespin-based duel-to-the-death resulting in one person, sadly, losing a hand. (Harvard Gazette, Foxnews.com). Of course, it is not exactly a light saber, and it wasn't being looked for directly, but after a few mistakes, they have seen simularites between a light saber and what they had.
Star Wars has also improved us medically. Although there were other influences, Star Wars has influenced the development and change in prosthetic limbs, and how they work (m.space.com).
The Death Star of Star Wars has also been integrated in to real life. New forms of bug zappers have come along (in thought, not made yet) that has been designed to shoot down mosquitoes that are flying with a laser. (IBID)
In conclusion to my opening argument, Star Wars, in the world of medicine (if you look at the bug zapper, you will see it as a tool that will cut down on the spread of malaria) has influenced the development of certain inventions and innovations on all sorts of things.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

My opponent failed to use a source the acceptance round... you know, the round in which no arguments were to be done. My opponent has broken his own rule, and has failed to provide a source for his statement that flip phones were encouraged by Star Trek. Since my opponent failed to argue in this round, I have very little to refute. My only argument is that flip phones have become obsolete. That isn't to say they aren't being used, but better technology has come about since the cell phone innovation of flip phones.
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Next round
FEARTHEGHUS

Pro

FEARTHEGHUS forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Well then, I think two forfeits grants me a victory. What a shame. I was hoping to debate this
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
so sorry i had to forfeit, i had some family business to attend to and could only actually do anything on the computer about 2 weeks later.
Posted by FEARTHEGHUS 2 years ago
FEARTHEGHUS
ozzy i got it it's done we're safe yay!
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
FEARTHEGHUSOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro breaks his own rules, asks Con not to post any arguments (what the actual f*ck), and then forfeits every round thereafter. Absolutely disgraceful conduct.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
FEARTHEGHUSOzzyheadTied
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
FEARTHEGHUSOzzyheadTied