Swimwithcats
boii77

Which is better? 0.7 (pro) or 0.5 (con) lead/graphite

Swimwithcats

Pro

First Round for acceptance only. 0.7 is my position and 0.5 is yours.

This topic has divided nations, it is time we settle it.
boii77

Con

NNNOOOO 0.5 lead is better way better why well u see when I selected this argument it said I had to side with con which is 0.5 lead so ... BOOOMMM
Swimwithcats

Pro

I posit the following reasons as my first arguments for 0.7's superiority:

- It does not break as easily as a thinner 0.5 mm, this both saves overall product and allows for darker writing.

- It is so close in price and widely manufactured in a nearly perfectly competitive industry that prices hardly differ between the two choices, yet you receive more usage per piece of 0.7 than 0.5.

- To my subjective experience, when I find mechanical pencils on the ground I seem to receive more 0.7-capable than 0.5-capable. If one receives more pencils for free (on the ground) it would make sense to carry the size more suited to those on the ground so that they may be used.

- 0.7 is already sharp enough to cause accurate writing, deeming the additional increase of sharpness of 0.5 unnecessary for that task.
boii77

Con

That's a decent argument.

BUT NOOOOO you see 0.5 lead is much better first of all when having a pencil with 0.5 lead that means that you will be able to fit more lead into the pencil meaning that it takes longer for you to find it. Whenever i'm in school and take any lead pencil its always 0.7 lead meaning that is is way more common therefore makes its value less. Now but 0.5 lead is much more scarce meaning that it is more valuable.
Swimwithcats

Pro

"you will be able to fit more lead into the pencil meaning that it takes longer for you to find it"
That does not make sense.

"way more common therefore makes its value less"
There a limited amount of rocks in an office. Does that make rocks more valuable? No.
Merely having a limited supply of something does not guarantee it to be more valuable. If there were a choice between $5 of 0.5 lead and $5 of 0.7, but since the 0.5 is more valuable you are given less overall lead/dollar than 0.7, I would choose the 0.7 lead to get more bang for my buck.

In any light, even if I were getting the same amount of overall lead/graphite, I would still prefer 0.7 between the two for my reasons in round 2.
boii77

Con

whoops i made a typo what I meant is that since you can fit more lead into it it takes longer. Now my reasoning for why .5 lead is better is simply because I say so, BOOOOMMM you cant argue with that

CHECKMATE
Swimwithcats

Pro

"it takes longer" is not an argument becuse "it" isn't specified

boii77

Con

nope your WRONGGG "it" is an argument when I say It is therefore leaving the fact that 0.5 lead is better

CHECKMATED again m8