emil1
Tuft64

Which is better Google Chrome or the Internet

Started: 9/6/2013 Category: Technology

emil1

Pro

I'd say Google Chrome is much better. Just introduce your statement this round.... We will start the debate on the next round
Tuft64

Con

I negate

Negate is defined as "to disprove the truth of", so proving the resolution false is textually sufficient to negate

Contention 1
Internet Explorer blocks malware more effectively

http://news.softpedia.com...

Benchamarks have shown that Explorer 10's malware blocking systems are far superior to those of firefox and chrome,

In a world where technology is racing superfast towards a technological singularity, and transhumanism is a technological fact that we know will happen some day, blocking malicious hardware is more important than ever, and because IE10 is the best at blocking out malware, it clearly is the superior browser

Contention 2
Microsoft makes a greater profit than Google, indicating increase in quality

http://royal.pingdom.com...

As I have demonstrated that the profit increase is much greater than google's we can assume that Microsoft is the superior brand, and thus IE10 the superior borwser

Contention 3
IE10 comes natively installed on nearly every windows computer

This is a known fact. With IE10, you don't have to go through the hassle of downloading and installing third-party browsers such as chrome, which is a massive bonus in a world as technologically illiterate as this

Since I have demonstrated that IE10 is far superior to Chrome in multiple respects, I urge a strong negative vote
emil1

Pro

Microsoft makes a greater profit than Google, indicating increase in quality which is said by pro is false. As seen in stock markets

Google has a share (profits): about 900

Misrosoft has a share of: about 30
Tuft64

Con

I shall begin with my opponents case and then move on to my own.

My opponent states that because Google's stock prices are higher, they accrue a greater bet profit than Microsoft. This simply is not true. Not only have I already proven that Microsoft makes more profit total, but My opponent seems to have a very rudimentary knowledge of the stock market as total profits are only one of the many factors that decides stock price. Although Google's stock price is higher than microsoft's, we don't know how all the factors interact with each other reproduce that number, i.e, 2 plus 10 is 12. We don't know if googles profit is the 2 or the 10, so we cannot rightfully say that they make more money than Microsoft. Ignore my opponent's only argument.

Moving on the the NC
My opponent's only argument is the one ehich I just overturned, meaning he has absolutely no offense, meaning you prefer neg. but, just because I have extra time, ill go over my case again and tell you what to extend.

Extend contention one, my opponent has conceded my malware/transhumanism argument. He drops my first argument, meaning I already have more offense than him

Extend contention two, I've overturned my opponents argument that stock price are directly correlated to profit. I've overturned tho above? Meaning I have more offense than my opponent.

Extend contention three, my opponent has conceded my technological illiteracy argument, meaning that he may as well agree that technological illiteracy is a problem which IE10 helps fix

Having shown my opponent that the value of a stock is not based solely on profit, leaving me with three extended arguments, and him none, you can only vote negative
emil1

Pro

Who wants to read that huge amount of paragraphs.... I have created a poll and 84% have said google chrome is better than the internet explorer

Out of the 47 people surveyed, 40 people have said Google Chrome is much better than Internet Explorer
Tuft64

Con

First, I would like to state that THE TRUTH IS NOT A DEMOCRACY
Polls on people's opinions do not tell us that Chrome is objectively better than IE10 on every fundamental level. In addition, my opponent has no actual proof that he has actually posted such a poll. We're supposed to accept on face that he conducted this poll and didn't fake the numbers, or just make it up. Ignore this evidence.

With that said, my opponent didn't try to turn any of my contention level arguments, so just extend all of my arguments. At this point, since my opponent has responded to none of my arguments and has yet to make any substantial ones that win him the round you must vote neg. My opponent has no offense, while I still have all of mine intact.

Thus, I urge a strong negative vote
(sorry if this NR is sloppier than my last two, I was pressed for time when I wrote it)
emil1

Pro

emil1 forfeited this round.
Tuft64

Con

Extend all previous arguments
emil1

Pro

Sorry Internet was down............ Nice Argument of "Extend all previous arguments"

If you go and search in the poll in www.debate.org...... you'll see that a poll created by leojm that majority has picked Google Chrome than the Internet Explorer. Please it is obvious. you really needn't have to right a essay type as you did to prove this. People matter and these were their opinions.
Tuft64

Con

Extend all previous arguments
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
chrome and google products in general is loaded with spyware, and tracking mechanisms. ie is not all that much better.
Posted by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
You mean Internet Explorer.
Posted by sweetbreeze 3 years ago
sweetbreeze
You mean Internet Explorer.
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
Lol click edit debate than. You don't want to challenge someone with a resolution like that.
Posted by Tuft64 3 years ago
Tuft64
Is this a "Pick Chrome or IE" or a "Chrome is best, negate?"
Posted by emil1 3 years ago
emil1
Well I meant the Internet Explorer!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by donald.keller 3 years ago
donald.keller
The... The Internet?

You know Internet Explorer and the Internet are two different things, right?