Briannj17
This1User

Which is better: daydreaming or night dreaming?

Briannj17

Pro

I say night dreaming is definitely better. I want to surprise you with my reasons so feel free to accept and say whatever you want to in the first round. I have an ELO requirement so for those of you who don't meet my requirements and you want to accept just post a comment.

Rules: It's a pretty straightforward debate. No new arguments last round, unless your still crawling I imagine you understand my definitions so don't bloody use semantics.

Let's see how this goes.
This1User

Con

Briannj17

Pro

Alrighty let's get counting sheep. (From personal experience it's quite a chore)

I believe night dreaming is better for many reasons.

1. Unmatched Vividness and Good for our health-
The vividness in night dreams are so much that your dreams are actually a reality to you. It's like your there in real life. This is due to REM and studies show that REM is essential to our survival because during this time the body heals itself, basically takes a rest and regenerates the energy needed and this all takes place in REM whne we are dreaming. SO dreaming is essential for our health.
http://www.webmd.com...
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com...

2. Economic (Time wise)- In the daytime the body automatically stops producing as much melatonin (relaxation hormone) so automatically REM stops and dreams are not that vivid si it isn't worth dreaming in the day. Also in the daytime people are busy, getting to work, At school, doing activities and daydreaming during such activities is time wasting and it is much more time efficient to dream at night.

In conclusion....

That's all for round one and I believe that night dreaming is far superior to daydreaming due to the reasons above. I look forward to my opponents response.
This1User

Con

This1User forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Pro

Unfortunately I'll have to extend my arguments.
This1User

Con

This1User forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Pro

What in blue blazes? Extend!!!!
This1User

Con

This1User forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Pro

Well my opponent must have been dreaming when he accepted. Vote pro for my arguments went unrebutted and therefore since no new arguments are to be posted in the last round.
This1User

Con

This1User forfeited this round.
Posted by r.jafet 1 year ago
r.jafet
yes night dreaming is better then day dreaming because it happens naturally when you sleep you start to dream automatically,but day dreaming is special because it happens occasionally you don't day dream everyday but you night dream every night.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
OK your mission if you should accept it, is to prove why you think daydreaming is better than night dreaming and I will prove why night dreaming is better. This message will be over in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
Posted by This1User 1 year ago
This1User
I would gladly debate you on this; I have taken many psychology courses and as such have a pretty good understanding of dreaming in general.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Uh..no. I'll stick with my resolution.
Posted by Blade0886 1 year ago
Blade0886
I have a third option: combination of both. Combine the power of night dreaming with the control of daydreaming and you get the best dreaming of all: lucid dreaming.
Posted by Briannj17 1 year ago
Briannj17
Like...deja vu?
Posted by The_Great_Amalgam 1 year ago
The_Great_Amalgam
How do we know that this debate isn't in your day dream... or your night dream?