Which is better on this site Opinions(Pro) or Poll(Con).

1st round acceptance
2nd round arguement
3rd round rebuttal

Opinions are better

First off thank you for taking this debate.

In opinions you can not vote without saying anything 50 words or more. This lessens the chance of trolls and idiots voting on issues. This also gives you a chance to get a more thorough idea why people on the sides of big issues feel the way the do.

My opponent has said that in opinions there is a word minimum of 50. This is actually a bad thing, as many questions don't have to be extremely elaborated on. For example, I just refuted my opponent's argument in 40 words. Now on to my own arguments:

1-Opinions have a word minimum:
My opponent has already brought this up, so my thanks to him.

2-Polls have more potential for variety:
I didn't know how else to word the contention, but basically what I mean by that is that polls give the creator and the voters more elbow room. With an opinion it's just Yes/No, but with a poll you can have as many answers as you want. In fact, polls have a "face-off" option when being created in which you can make it in virtually the same format as an opinion but with less limitations. There's also a poll option in which you can leave it open for more people to add more ideas so that there are even more perspectives. Finally, with polls there is a comment option whereas with opinions there is not.

3-Polls are easier to use:
If you see an opinion, you have to think up a short little title and then write 50 words or more about your reasoning. With a poll, you can put an answer in in seconds. Though this does add to the chances of trolls and idiots, it also provides convenience and user-friendliness that opinions lack. Also, this site counts a word as something with a space on either side, so someone could just put a a a a a and count it as 5 words. Unfortunately, there's no way to foolproof against trolls, and fool proofing to idiots could even count as discrimination.

volcan forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited his final round. None of my arguments have been refuted and all of his have. I have won this debate.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture