EJFarmer
FrequentMethuser

Which is more offensive: the Northern Virginia Battle Flag (Pro) or the Soviet Union flag? (Con)

FrequentMethuser has forfeited round #1.

EJFarmer

Con

In today's political climate, I can't help but notice that these days people who choose to fly the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (CSA) are frequently treated badly on the basis that they are racist, but I'm seeing a surge in people who fly the flag of the Soviet Union. I've always found that troubling, considering that the Soviet Union during the Stalinist regime alone was responsible for the murders of millions of people. The Confederate States of America, however, was not exactly saintlike, having an institution of slavery that kept over three million people as slaves. In my mind however, the crime of murder is worse than the crime of slavery, and the scope of Soviet Union's atrocities was much more than that of CSA.
Posted by LogicalPen 7 months ago
LogicalPen
Interesting topic.