danimal
best_debator

Which is more reliable and enduring the Bible or Science?

danimal has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

danimal

Pro

The debate between Christian's and atheists has long been going on. Some people believe the Bible to be the more reliable one while others would disagree. Which is more reliable and enduring the Bible or Science?
best_debator

Con

To start, I would like to give credit to the opposite side for creating this debate. Let's get started. The way I look at it is that science has its way of looking at it, and religion has its way of looking at it. Science's way of looking at it is different from where religious officials look at it. Science may look at terms and theorys of science. They might look at, for instance, the big bang theory theory. On the other hand, religion may look at it as a god or many gods having power over science to create the world. I send my argument to the opposing argument. I accept.
Posted by best_debator 1 year ago
best_debator
What side are you for? You can see I accepted your challenge. I just gave my truthful opinion even though you haven't picked a side.
Posted by ItsGametime805 1 year ago
ItsGametime805
I am more for bible here for a few reasons.
The bible has retained the same scriptures and writings for hundreds of years now, there has not been a change of scripture because of a new discovery.

however, with science, it is ever changing which leads me to say you can not hold on to one theory for long since they are every changing. Lets talk the Theory of the Big Bang. In the 1910's Vesto Slipher and Carl Wirtz first found evidence of the Big Bang theory, but was then added on to by Alexander Friedmann and Edwin Hubble. From 2003-2010 was the deciding factor in how the Big Bang Theory was perceived because we had such great advancements in telescopes. But with all this "Evidence" there was a recent idea that the Big Bang theory was more like a "Big Bounce"

Therefore, how can the idea that science is more reliable when the basis of how the earth was created is changing in the span of 15 or less years
Posted by Demonoid 1 year ago
Demonoid
ill still debate it if you would like
Posted by danimal 1 year ago
danimal
this was kind of a accident i meant to make this under the opinions page not debates
Posted by Demonoid 1 year ago
Demonoid
are you arguing for the bible or science? Because i would gladly take this topic up for a challenge if your for the bible.
Posted by ForeseenParadox 1 year ago
ForeseenParadox
Are you arguing for the Bible or science?