Migrating_Hacker
demonlord343

Which is the best book in the HOLY BIBLE?

demonlord343

Migrating_Hacker

Pro

NO ATHEIST ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY ruin everything.unless they want to talk about this topic.
demonlord343

Con

Since this is a matter of opinion, the best book is Psalms. And i accept.
Migrating_Hacker

Pro

proverbs is very good too for advising ,but Joshua is one of the best because it encourages or gives a push for youth to be a better generation to change the world.
demonlord343

Con

Psalms is the best because It can give so many different inspirations. And you dont need to believe in the Bible to like it. They were meant to be pieces of poetry. I do not believe in the Bible, yet my favorite poem is Psalm 23. All of them are a inspiration to very many different people. They have helped people through the grieving process. That alone is the greatest feat words can ever do.
Migrating_Hacker

Pro

Psalms has the longest chapter from the hole bible.
demonlord343

Con

I am confused. Is that a rebuttal or an agreement? Psalms is still the greatest book in the Bible, extend previous argument.
Migrating_Hacker

Pro

What about Genesis.
demonlord343

Con

Did that have a point of some kind? What about Genesis? Clearly, I am not getting an argument in return. Extend all of my arguments. Pro's reply was vague, and thus, I have nothing to say in reply.
Migrating_Hacker

Pro

Genesis is a good book because it explains how the world was created and how people started life.and so on......
demonlord343

Con

My opponent has posted his final argument. Genesis describes the creation of the universe, so it is a good book. And how people started life.. (I never remembered in the Bible when people started to make a bird,..). However, I am not blind to my opponent's tactics. He is trying to point out that I am an atheist (also false, I believe in God) and use that against me to win. I do not view that as a morally clean tactic. So, I shall still provide a point.

Genesis is constantly argued over, is it not? Thus, it is not the best book of the Bible, because it lacks the universality of Psalms being okay for any religion to read. Atheists, Islams, Buddhists, etc, can all read Psalms. They do not have to believe in God in order to read it. It is meant to be either a song or poetry. Thus, it becomes art, and not religion. That is why it is the greatest book in the Bible. No one is bound by what they believe when it comes to Psalms.

No other book in the Bible can be like this. All of them are religious-purposed. That means that they all are meant for the religion. To tell a story of the Bible. But since Psalms are songs and poetry, then they can be viewed by all.

Thank you for the debate. I'll see you around!
Posted by Migrating_Hacker 2 years ago
Migrating_Hacker
atheist?
Posted by derplington 2 years ago
derplington
How come you say no atheists allowed, yet your profile says you are an atheist. Also atheists don't ruin everything, just sometimes they butt into religious debates.
Posted by Migrating_Hacker 2 years ago
Migrating_Hacker
Nice
Posted by Migrating_Hacker 2 years ago
Migrating_Hacker
sorry didnt get on for a week
Posted by demonlord343 2 years ago
demonlord343
Wait, what the...? Really? And you...? Why?
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
Really? 180 day voting period?
Posted by MAaesag 2 years ago
MAaesag
Cool
Posted by SNP1 2 years ago
SNP1
"NO ATHEIST ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY ruin everything.unless they want to talk about this topic." How do atheists ruin everything? Also, thank you for saying Joshua is best, that is my name!
Posted by Weloverange 2 years ago
Weloverange
"NO ATHEIST ALLOWED BECAUSE THEY ruin everything.unless they want to talk about this topic." I found this quite amusing.
Posted by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 2 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
It's not, watertipper likes to make fun of Christianity.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Migrating_Hackerdemonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The Con had way more of a professional attitude for conduct and argued while the pro simply named books and moved on to the next when one did not work. Just a piece of advice; do NOT make the voting 140 days. That is ridiculous. Also, pro, you should have held your ground on one and further argued.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 2 years ago
johnlubba
Migrating_Hackerdemonlord343Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con wins with Psalm 23, it's also one of my favourites, or used to be. Pro didn't put enough emphasis to his arguments wasting rounds with little input to his points.