tahir.imanov
America1984

Which is true religion ISLAM (pro) or CHRISTIANITY (con)?

tahir.imanov

Pro

Rules:
1. The source must be cited for every quote.
2. Images are allowed to post verses from Quran or Bible as images (arabic, hebrew, greek only)
3. Images are allowed to make analigy of verse with reality. (scientific, mathematical and etc.)
4. No misquote or mistranslation is allowed.
5. The con must post which translation of Quran he/she uses.
6. Also, con must show which translation of hadith he/she uses.
7. Any verse(s) is (are) going to be quoted by con, will be accepted as he/she knows what muslim scholars says about that (those) verse(s).
8. Any verse(s) is (are) going to be quoted by con, will be accepted as he/she knows when, where and in which condition that verse(s) was (were) revealed.
9. In case pro or con violates rules, pro or con will recieve 7-point-loss.
10. Because of pro posts the first argument, on last round he/she must post "No argument will be posted here as agreed."
11. Con must post which version of Bible he/she uses, (also which edition of that version) so that Pro will use that version.
12. Pro is also obligated on same condition on RULE#7 for Bible.
13. Pro cannot be obligated on same conditionon RULE#8 for Bible, because such knowledge does not exist. If otherwise, Con must show them.

Definitions:
Allah - One True God
Prophet/Messenger - The person who is chosen by God to deliver The Message.
Revelation - The Message which God reveales to prophet in order to guide people.
Quran - The Last Revelation for all humankind.
Hadith - Sayings, actions of Muhammed (pbuh) and things that he confirmed.

If Pro wants to define something that is not on this list, he/she must post it first on Comment section, so that we can come to agreement on definition.
America1984

Con

I will be glad to debate this topic with you
I don't think you can claim either are true (correct) they are both your own personal decision I think Christianity is true because of how the religions began.
Islam was founded by Muhammad and unlike Jesus who went about spreading his religion and founding it in a peaceful manner, Muhammad was more aggressive once who gained people loyalty who created an army of Bedouins as well as other supporters invaded Mecca and forced everyone to convert Islam or be killed/exiled. Jesus did not use violence to reach his goals instead he tried to be kind to everyone so much so that he sacrificed himself for are sins. This is why I think Christianity is more believable than Islam because why would God allow Muhammad to invade Mecca and slaughter anyone who did not convert?
tahir.imanov

Pro

I was expected a rational and logical discussion. But, however I will touch upon my opponents points. Agressiveness or peacefullness does not make religion true or false. Read strories about Moses in Bible, I think you believe him to be prophet.

Con violated rules by not showing sources for "invasion" of Mecca and "bedouins" being part of his army and also for "forced conversion".

First let's check dictionary for meaning of religion:

: the belief in a god or in a group of gods

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

http://www.merriam-webster.com...;

In this context christianity is religion, and just religion. But Islam is more than religion, it is the way of life and only true way of life. Islam is Political/Economic system, International Relations Theory, Code of War, The System of Morality, Hygiene, The system of Worship/Pray, The Individual Rights, The Community Rights, Juridical System, The Code of Marriage/Divorce, and etc. And christianity does not have such system. Jesus (pbuh) did not left any political, economical, juridical system for christians.

And did Jesus not use violence?
LUKE19:27 - But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.

I hope my opponent will use some reasoning in next round. The reason I did not post reasons for Islam being true way of life, because my opponent did not show good reaons for Christianity. When he does I will answer.
America1984

Con

number one you want to talk about sources you used a .com if you knew anything about work cited and reliable sources you would now that most consider .com's a unreliable source and therefore everything you mentioned could be a whole lot of nonsense. Next, you did nothing to state how what I said is incorrect instead you just tried to make it seem unreliable because I do not have a source to back it up. Why don't you give me sources that prove me wrong rather then dodge the question.
Also we are talking about the religious implication of Catholicism and Islam and which is more true not how one is also used in political, economic, and social foundation in a society. If you did not no (this is common knowledge I do not require a source) in medieval Europe Catholicism played a major just like Islam in society as well this does not show how one is more true then the other and therefore is an invalid point.
I began by discussing the origins and founders of both religions in order to show why I believe Catholicism to be more believable then Islam you still have not made a counter argument to these points.
you mentioned LUKE19:27 if you did not know this is not referring to Jesus it is part of a story Jesus is telling while on the journey to Jerusalem.
tahir.imanov

Pro

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
America1984

Con

America1984 forfeited this round.
tahir.imanov

Pro

tahir.imanov forfeited this round.
America1984

Con

America1984 forfeited this round.
Posted by PiercedPanda 3 years ago
PiercedPanda
I would have voted for con.
Posted by Tiimow 3 years ago
Tiimow
( Dear commenters, we have different religions and points of view, but there is no need for cursing. Don't be edgy. We share our knowledge by debating. For the other side to listen, we need to be polite. )
Having different religions doesn't make the debating sides perfect or imperfect. Just stating and sharing opinions.

My comment:
- both Muhammed and Jesus are messengers of Allah.
- Islam never forced non-Muslims to convert to Islam. From Holy Quran, Sorat Al-Baqara, 256: "There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] religion."

Good luck for both.
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 3 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
lol
Posted by TG2333 3 years ago
TG2333
wow con is sooo ignorant
Posted by tahir.imanov 3 years ago
tahir.imanov
@america - "I do not think that the message of the bible was violence."
You think, that means you do not know. that called leap of faith.
Well, I believe and I believe in facts, Facts that I know to be facts, and facts are facts after being proven to be true.
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 3 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
@america sure as a muslim we must believe that jesus pbuh is a prophet of god and i cant despise our beloved prophet.. and they preach the same thing but later on people changed what jesus pbuh brought.. im not saying im right and im not expert u know... there r many debates on youtube so u can learn more... and really this is the best way to express and respond to other veiws on common platform
Posted by tahir.imanov 3 years ago
tahir.imanov
I will post argument as soon as I finish my essay on political struggle
Posted by America1984 3 years ago
America1984
CRAZ4SWAN-I am talking about Jesus and Muhammad and no I do not think that the message of the bible was violence.
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 3 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
and sorry of my aproach i had a sh!t day lol xD
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 3 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
no man of God(or Allah) would do such a things as mentioned in those quotes. - why not? eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot as the bible mention.. if someone killing u kill him back murder same... if u want to apply this "role" no man of God(or Allah) would do such, bible full of unjustifed murders u have to be consistent