Opinionatedbird
Ozzyhead

Which religion do I fall into?

Ozzyhead

Opinionatedbird

Pro

Ok, I want to work out which religion is worth me researching more for myself.
I do not believe in any deity, good or bad.
I do not believe in spirits or demons
I do not believe that people have 'powers' to do anything, including heal, curse etc
I don't believe in any form of afterlife
I do believe that humans have an untapped area in the brain that may be capable of things I can't comprehend, such as psychic connections to people close to use. I believe this may develop as we evolve.

I do believe that humans are animals, we are the same as wolves, we have our 'pack' (family, friends) who we cherish and look after.
I do believe that we create our own reality
I do believe that society has created morals and ethics and that we are trained to behave, if these rules didn't exist I believe we would live like animals, by instinct.
Although morally I have been taught that certain things are wrong, I still condone vengeance.
I think animals and children should be revered, I believe the environment should be cared for and that plants and animals share a closer connection to us than we understand.
I think homosexuality is unnatural, not wrong as such, but not a natural thing
I believe in survival of the fittest
I believe the weak don't deserve help unless willing to help themselves
I think you should spend your time indulging in things of your choosing, live how you want to live
I believe we are our own 'gods'

Someone please let me know what you think would be worth looking into

And thank you
Ozzyhead

Con

Choosing what religion is a very personal thing. What I can tell you is that you are an atheist, as the only definition of an atheist is not believing in a deity. There is some confusion that says that there is something more, but that is the only requirement. Also, from my point of view, I can tell you that you don't need any sort of religion. But, I do encourage the research of many religions. Not for you to pick one, but so you understand why those religions are wrong.
Opinionatedbird

Pro

To be honest I don't think I worded my original question correctly. I don't feel like I need a religion as such, more an idea of what sort of things to research. I want to discuss my views with like minded people more than join a religion.
Ozzyhead

Con

If you ask me, there is no group of people that would be able to give you like minded people. Rather, you are better off joining multiple groups, cultures or religions. Though most religions do conflict that concept, but groups don't usually. Also, I believe organized religions are the root of all evil. People say it's money, but many people use religion to back up their reasons for doing otherwise bad acts for money. People also use religions to control, scare, hurt and limit people. You can relate to many, which is what I believe is more important than having to associate with a group of people.
Opinionatedbird

Pro

Opinionatedbird forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Extend arguments?
Opinionatedbird

Pro

Opinionatedbird forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

This guy is not coming back
Opinionatedbird

Pro

Opinionatedbird forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Con

Vote for... whoever you think deserves to win
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Krazy Ray. May I suggest that you go to faith and word churches.They are usually non-denominational. And you may see a difference between mainline churches and those churches.I know I have.Big time.
Posted by Krazy_Ray 3 years ago
Krazy_Ray
In March of 2010 I told my family that I do not believe in GOD. Now In September of 2014 I am searching for the true creator. Friday, I go to Mosque, Saturday I go to Jewish Temple and in evening I go to Christian Church. Since both Hindu Temple and Buddhist Temples have their services on Sunday mornings, I alternate them one Sunday for Hindu Temple and the other for Buddhist Temple. I am going to these religious services for almost this year. When I was growing up in Pakistan I was going to mosques just for small Eid and Big Eid like Christmas and Easter in Christianity. When I came to USA in my early twenties I had a one night stand with a Jewish girl, when I called her the next day she told me not to call her other wise she will call the police, I never called her. Then I met and married a Christian girl have three children, now they are 38 and 34&34(twins) We used to go to churches and I participated in all Christian Holidays. I worked from 1972 to 2009 and with most of the workers and owners were Jewish, therefore I got to know their culture. I use to see that my Jewish President of the firm use to come at 4:00 A.M. and used to clean the snow from Parking Lots so when the employees arrive at 8:00P.M. find place to park. I am still searching for the truth but so far my conclusion is that FOOD is the problem and HONESTY is the answer. World has about seven billion people and they live in about 200 different countries. Food is easily and affordably available in those countries where there is less corruption for example USA and food is hard to find or it is expensive or it is not pure where is lot of corruption like for example Pakistan. How we can promote HONESTY? I think with the improvements of technology where every citizen is as like a journalist it will be possible in near future to put corrupt workers to be single out, it will require lot of courage to have for common people and then we can have the true truth.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
That first part should read; You say that we oppress people. I have followed Jesus around the shores of Galillee. I don't know how every once in a while some of my message is not recorded.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
You oppresswes people.ave followed Jesus around the shores of Gallilee and never saw any oppression. Was he oppressing that mother following hwer sons funeral. He stopped and and said to the lad, rise and walk. Then he walked the lad over and gave him back to his mother. Was he oppressing the man man of Gadera. That demoniac came screaming down that hill figuring to tear him limb from limb, and had the what to do it with.Jesus just said, " COME OUT OF THE MAN, YOU UNCLEAN SPIRIT."And the spirit came out. The only one he oppressed was that demon spirit.Then he wanted to go with Jesus. Jesus said,"No, you go tell your folks what great things God has done for you." And what got me in that situation is that Jesus put that guy in the ministry without 4 years of theology.
Actually irt has been translated once from Hebrew and Greek to English. The one time in history when it was not allowed to be translated was when Catholicism controlled it. They hid it out in monestaries and sometimes made it punishable by death to translate it into a language the common man could read.That period was called the dark ages.When the bible was released to the masses, the renaseance came. Not sure of that spelling.
It came because of 111John:2. Gosd wishes above ALL THINGS that we prosper and be in health, even as our souls prosper.
Posted by cheyennebodie 3 years ago
cheyennebodie
Animals cannot articulate ideas. When you see one robins nest you have seen them all.And why do you say we have ideas above our station? What is man. God says we are just a little below him.If it were not for an outlaw spirit that got involved there would not be any problem we could not solve.But he is involved and all he has on his mind is to kill, steal, and to destroy.We started out at the top. 100% mental capacity. But all that did was give us the mental capacity for more destruction. That is why God confused our words. And how is the bible oppressing anyone. It has sold more copies than any other book .And yet there are many more unbelievers than believers. I am not oppressing anyone. All my ideas are freely given and are free to be rejected. I have yet seen any people standing out in front of a church forcing anyone inside.Now there were times in history that religions made out of the bible did that. But there were no Christians in that group. Just religious people. God created man. Man created religion.
Posted by Opinionatedbird 3 years ago
Opinionatedbird
" strange or unnatural and making you feel frightened:
a creepy film
a creepy smile

The definition of creepy... How is what I said creepy? It is honest and selfish, not creepy
Posted by A341 3 years ago
A341
Opinionatedbird... "I think homosexuality is unnatural, not wrong as such, but not a natural thing, I believe in survival of the fittest, I believe the weak don't deserve help unless willing to help themselves."
Posted by Opinionatedbird 3 years ago
Opinionatedbird
A341... There is no need for name calling.Just because I hold certain beliefs that you don't agree with does not make me creepy. Selfish, I can accept, that is human nature. Creepy however is an insult.
Posted by Opinionatedbird 3 years ago
Opinionatedbird
I will also read the survival of the fittest book that was suggested... Thank you both
Posted by Opinionatedbird 3 years ago
Opinionatedbird
I don't believe my idea of survival of the fittest is outdated as such, I think society has made it so that the weak survive far longer than they should. If society stepped back then survival of the fittest would still be relevant. Perhaps it would cure our massive over population issue.

As for the suggestion of reading proverbs, I will happily give any suggestions a read. So thank you

Now, animals, we see animals communicate between themselves daily. Just because we don't understand what they are saying does not mean that it doesn't happen.
The human race seems to have ideas above their station, where they believe that we are better than everything else, when as I said, we create own own reality and have no comprehension of what a 'dog' for example is thinking.

As for the bible, this is a whole different debate. I don't disregard any text from anywhere, I will try to read anything and be objective. However, the bible, I have difficulty seeing past my belief that it was written by men to oppress the masses. Not only this but it has been re-translated and amended to suit the needs of society at the time.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
OpinionatedbirdOzzyheadTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff