Masterful
CosmoJarvis

Which solution to overpopulation is better?

CosmoJarvis has forfeited round #1.

Masterful

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance:
Tell us a bit about yourself. Let us know things like, your view on overpopulation, how it affects you. give us your body mass index.

Round 2: You must provide your proposed solution to overpopulation.
Have you got a solution to the current overpopulation crisis? If not then WTF are you doing here?

Round 3: Provide rebuttal for opponents proposed solution.

Rules:
-Violation of rules will result in an automatic loss.-

1: No black people
2: No Muslims
3: DEFINITELY NO JEWS.
4: Gays are allowed, but no weird s.h.i.t, ok?

5: No ad hominem attacks.
6: No fat people.

I'm looking forward to this debate, as I believe many people on this site have unique and interesting ideas.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 11 months ago
CosmoJarvis
Oh no! I was too late :(
Posted by TheUnexaminedLife 11 months ago
TheUnexaminedLife
Theoretically right, Sonofcharl, unless you believe that humans have any transcendent abilities (whether it freedom, reason, a soul...etc.) to mould nature beyond its inexorable form. Artificial pertains to all that stuff we do which doesn't have to be done in and by immanent nature.
Posted by Sonofcharl 11 months ago
Sonofcharl
Everything is derived from universal matter. Therefore everything is natural. Realistically there is no such thing as unnatural.
TheUnexaminedLife
But Jon, by wealth I didn't mean money, I meant wealth of resources; the copious amount of substances and products our world has to sustain everyone. How we use money now is merely the dominant 'game' we distribute wealth by; it isn't the only way of distributing wealth. We could reinvent the rules. As for money being earned, I agree up to an extent. Because, how much you earn often depends upon the conditions and class you are raised in; in a poor class, you get less opportunies, less privileges, and therefore in most cases will end up earning less money. You don't earn the conditions of your childhood; these are just imposed on you.
Posted by CosmoJarvis 11 months ago
CosmoJarvis
I posted my thing for round one on a different debate :(
Posted by CosmoJarvis 11 months ago
CosmoJarvis
Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry. It's just taking me a while to post my argument.
Posted by Masterful 11 months ago
Masterful
Shall we debate my good sir?
Posted by CosmoJarvis 11 months ago
CosmoJarvis
Rules:
1: No black people
2: No Muslims
3: DEFINITELY NO JEWS.
5: No ad hominem attacks.
6: No fat people.
Posted by Masterful 11 months ago
Masterful
Jon, I will try to answer this the best I can. You might be a man who is scared of biting flies or even blood sucking mosquitoes.
Let's assume you are, I wouldn't judge you. It's perfectly reasonable to be afraid of these parasites.

I would like to think you wouldn't judge me for being afraid of Muslims who want to behead me. Or Blacks that want to steal my car. Or even Jews that want to eat my children.
It's perfectly reasonable to fear all these abominations.
Posted by JonHouser 11 months ago
JonHouser
Masterful, What on earth does a person's BMI have to do with overpopulation of the Earth?

Why exclude opponents who are black, muslims, JEWS, or fat? Would they automatically have an advantage over you? Or do you see them as unable to stand up to your obviously superior mental capabilities?

TheUnexaminedLife, wealth is not distributed. It is earned or squandered based on a person's understanding of the rules of money. If you don't know the rules of the game, you will lose every time. But if you know the rules of the game, even if what you have now is taken away, you will reacquire your wealth in short order.